Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Macy's CLI

The last post in this topic was posted 3495 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I saw a thread a week or so ago discussing auto CLI's for Macy's cardholders. I tried searching in vain but could not find the old thread, if any of the Mods know what i'm talking about please feel free to merge.

Anyway, My current Credit limit is $100. It used to be $1,200 but was chopped own to $100 for non use. I had not sed the card since I was issued it back in 02'.I'm not sure when it was chopped. I had charged $72.00 on it in April & took my time paying it off just to re-establish some type of history with them. It is now at $0 balance.

After speaking to a rep in June she informed me that they would not give me a CLI because of my "sub-par" credit. They did a hard pull on EX & EQ.

After reading that thread last week, I finally got around to calling in & checking my limit, & to my pleasant surprise it was increased to $2,500! Now if they would only report the limits.

Edited by The Thomas J

Congrats!

(note: the APR is insane, why carry balances 'to re-establish...' at 24.xx unless you want to fritter away cash on exorbitant APR.

Sorry- carrying balances does nothing to help you re-establish that PIF can't, just lines their pockets really. Instead consider purchasing what can afford to PIF to re-establish)

Congrats!

(note: the APR is insane, why carry balances 'to re-establish...' at 24.xx unless you want to fritter away cash on exorbitant APR.

Sorry- carrying balances does nothing to help you re-establish that PIF can't, just lines their pockets really. Instead consider purchasing what can afford to PIF to re-establish)

The $73 I charged & carried for 5 months cost me maybe $12. I think it was worth the $12 to get a $2400 line increase. I'm not planning on using it, but i'm damn happy about it. It's my highest limit card now.

Sorry, not meant as a critique, just pointing out you can re-establish w/o paying fees if you want going forward.

In any case, Congrats on the nice increase once again!

Edited by savetherobots

Savetherobots, I think what OP was getting at was that he was trying to reestablish history with Macy's to gain favor with them during an account review, and not carrying a balance in an attempt to improve overall credit.

Edited by Jaymes

Savetherobots, I think what OP was getting at was that he was trying to reestablish history with Macy's to gain favor with them during an account review, and not carrying a balance in an attempt to improve overall credit.

You are correct.

It is not necessary to carry a balance to gain favor with them upon A/R nor to reestablish history... but enough crap from me on a CLI thread blush2.gif wish OP continued success with Macy's and beyond.

Edited by savetherobots

I am happy for the OP that everything went well, and I understand what the OP wanted to do, but I would have been afraid of what kind of message slowly paying down a balance of $73 over 5 months would send.

I have two Macy's accounts. One is the store card with a 10k (started at $200) limit and the other is a large purchase account. I have had these since 2006 and they did not close or adjust the lines when I filed BK. They have done two soft pulls on my EX report since BK and have yet to close or adjust my line, so I am sure they are aware of the BK. It is a miracle to say the least.

Step

I have two Macy's accounts. One is the store card with a 10k (started at $200) limit and the other is a large purchase account. I have had these since 2006 and they did not close or adjust the lines when I filed BK. They have done two soft pulls on my EX report since BK and have yet to close or adjust my line, so I am sure they are aware of the BK. It is a miracle to say the least.

Step

Interesting. What type of BK, exactly? Already discharged, I presume? Are you the only account holder?

The last post in this topic was posted 3495 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.