Sign in to follow this  
Islandgal

Would you be offended on what your teen was given for trick or treat at Halloween?

Why would a person who allows their child to beg, be offended by what they get?

Now. Give me condensed version of what happened. I don't want to read too much today.

ETA: I read it, because it was short.

I am offended by the parents who are offended. Don't want your kids getting certain stuff in their bags, don't send them out trick-or-treating. It's just that simple. You don't get to dictate what someone gives your kid. It's not like they had the kids turning tricks, for treats.

Edited by orangecrush

the "treat" was inappropriate...so throw it in the garbage with the unwanted candy & move on

better yet.....send it to the soldiers overseas like folks did with other trick or treat stuff

Just tell the inexperienced teens that it is a water balloon and move on.

Now then, if I were a teen, would I show my parents the condom? noooooooo. :rofl:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Beggars can't be choosers was the first thing that came to mind :rofl: @ comments Grand Ma, lookie at the funny bubble I blew with my Halloween gum !!!

Edited by Islandgal

At least with the tooth brushes they handed out candy bars too, it would suck just to get a toothbrush oh and a condom.

Which would say brush your teeth before having sex.

Ahem...ahehhehm.. *cough cough* ahem... Hummmmmmm *humming melodicially* now then...

*takes a deeeeep breath*

♫TRICK OR TREAT! SMELL MY FEET! GIVE ME SOMETHING GOOD TO EAT! IF YOU DON'T, I DONT CARE! I'LL PULL DOWN YOUR UNDERWEAR!♫

Finally a reasonably acceptable reason to sing that...

Condoms are not an age restricted item. 8-year-olds can go buy them at Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc.

Outrageous would be giving the trick-or-treaters little bottles of rum or cigars.

First of all:

I don't think that teenagers need to be TOT in the first place. It irritates me when I see them at my door on Halloween. Especially when they're in street clothes and just stick a back pack in my front door. If they didn't know where I live I'd have something to say to them.

Second:

I would be SO pissed if it was my kid that was on the receiving end of a sex speech, and was handed condoms.

Edited by Auto_Body_Chick

I would be SO pissed if it was my kid that was on the receiving end of a sex speech, and was handed condoms.

Somebody would seriously have to hold me back........SOOOOOO not their place to do such a thing. :angry:

Beggars can't be choosers was the first thing that came to mind :rofl: @ comments Grand Ma, lookie at the funny bubble I blew with my Halloween gum !!!

Exactly. It is beyond nervy to send your kids out ToTing to the homes of strangers and expect them to adhere to your rules and values. Don't send your kids out and you won't have a problem.

I found out a few weeks ago that my neighborhood has a crazy rep and that's one of the reasons we don't get ToTers. :rofl:

First of all:

I don't think that teenagers need to be TOT in the first place. It irritates me when I see them at my door on Halloween. Especially when they're in street clothes and just stick a back pack in my front door. If they didn't know where I live I'd have something to say to them.

Second:

This.

Maybe these people gave out the condoms on purpose to the older ToT'ers just to prove a point.

I too think that there should be a cutoff age for ToT'ing. 13 or something like that. Beyond that, you are too old to be out ToT'ing.

What an odd thing to give to a child you don't know...

Is it any odder than sending your kids to beg at the homes of people you don't know?

Is it any odder than sending your kids to beg at the homes of people you don't know?

That's the key. I think these days people don't tend to know their neighbors as much as when I was a kid. We knew EVERYONE on our street and the street behind us so we always felt safe ToT'ing in the neighborhood. I don't know if people are as sociable these days.

1) Why are teenagers trick or treating in the first place? They better go trick or treat their way to a job and quit begging on my doorstep.

2) I wouldn't have a problem with my kid getting free condoms. I'd send her back for more. That's assuming my teenage child would be trick or treating, but of course she wouldn't...see #1.

3) Now I'll read the thread.

Edited by blackberry74

No, because that's Halloween tradition.

Pretty much this. I don't think I would be offended, per se, but it just seems...random. :dntknw:

1) Why are teenagers trick or treating in the first place? They better go trick or treat their way to a job and quit begging on my doorstep.

2) I wouldn't have a problem with my kid getting free condoms. I'd send her back for more. That's assuming my teenage child would be trick or treating, but of course she wouldn't...see #1.

3) Now I'll read the thread.

:rofl:

No, because that's Halloween tradition.

Not everyone celebrates Halloween and not everyone has the same traditions. Maybe it is their tradition to hand out condoms and sexual advice.

I'm done reading. My original answer stands. :lol:

And what 14 year old wouldn't know what a condom was? If that's the case, you've already pretty much failed as a parent in that area and should be grateful somebody else is taking up your pitiful slack. Can't be mad at what they bring back when you send them out to perfect strangers. If your grits are cooked, just throw it away and keep it moving. That'd be a waste of a condom, though. Maybe it could be recycled. :rofl: