DV'd the CA and the OC (Amex) replied

The last post in this topic was posted 3851 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I had received a collection letter from First Source Advantage regarding an old Amex account that was charged off years ago. I sent a DV to First Source and haven't heard from them yet. However, this last week, I receive a letter from the OC saying:

"This letter is in response to your request for verification of an outstanding debt to Amex. The balance of $9151.36 has been referred to Account Solutions Group LLC for collection. We have provided documentation under separate cover to support the validity of the balance owed. Account Solutions Group has been informed of this verification.

Due to the length of time since the account was established, we are unable to provide you with a copy of the original application. American Express is only required by law to retain the application for 25 months. The account was established in July 1997.

If you have any additional questions or would like to speak with someone regarding your debt, please contact Account Solutions Group. [phone number provided]"

This debt has bounced around to various CAs and JDBs since it was charged off. I also periodically receive the odd offer from Amex to settle for a fraction of the original amount owed and get a new card. It is out of SOL and I believe it is very close to reaching the 7 years where it will fall off my credit report.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Any advice on what I should do next and/or expect?

or they'll give you a new card and transfer the old balance to it. and restart the SOL

what state are you in?

guess you can't argue validation on this one.

I am in Alabama. I believe the SOL is 2 years here and this was charged off in 2003 at the very latest, but I can double check.

I thought it was strange to receive a letter from the OC when I DV'd the CA. And the OC didn't furnish the validation. They say in the letter that they have sent validation to the CA. And they point out that they will not be able to give me a copy of the original application.

Has anyone ever received a letter from an OC after DV'ing a CA?

or they'll give you a new card and transfer the old balance to it. and restart the SOL

what state are you in?

guess you can't argue validation on this one.

I am in Alabama. I believe the SOL is 2 years here and this was charged off in 2003 at the very latest, but I can double check.

I thought it was strange to receive a letter from the OC when I DV'd the CA. And the OC didn't furnish the validation. They say in the letter that they have sent validation to the CA. And they point out that they will not be able to give me a copy of the original application.

Has anyone ever received a letter from an OC after DV'ing a CA?

SOL is either 3 years or 6 years in Alabama

looks like you have to make a partial payment or an written promise to pay to restart the SOL. ( the reason for the CC offer.... )

Section 6-2-16

Sufficiency of partial payment or written promise to remove bar.

No act, promise or acknowledgment is sufficient to remove the bar to an action created by the provisions of this chapter, nor is such evidence of a new and continuing contract, except a partial payment, made upon the contract by the party sought to be charged before the bar is complete or an unconditional promise in writing signed by the party to be charged thereby

The last post in this topic was posted 3851 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.