Sign in to follow this  
Miss Jules

Rental Cars & Discounts - where can I find good sources?

I'm thinking that I'd like to hunt for a bit on a good discount for a 2 week rental from Enterprise car rental. I could switch over to Budget rentals maybe too.

Anyone have a good source on how to save money on rental cars?

I tried AAA for a starter and didn't see anything there.

Are you a Costco member? I've had good results (multiple times, lots of comparison shopping) using Costco Travel for rentals. Also get on the RAC co's e-mail list, they send out specials in e-mail sometimes (especially Enterprise).

Nope, not a Costco member phooey. I did sign up today for the email list from Enterprise and hopefully something will show up there.

What is RAC?

This is what I do. I go hereto find the best coupon codes from all major car rental companies and book the best deal. That holds my car. Then at my leisure I go to betterbidding.com and find out the best prices in my destination in Priceline. I use that info to bid on Priceline and if I get the car, great - I cancel my previous reservation. I used this technique last month - I rented a Mercedes C class from the Boston airport for 8 days for about $640, all inclusive. The same car on my Hertz reservation was $995. Takes a little bit of work but the results are quite good, especially if you are not picky about the type of car.

Nope, not a Costco member phooey. I did sign up today for the email list from Enterprise and hopefully something will show up there.

What is RAC?

RAC = rent-a-car (my shorthand)

remember that if you use amex for rental car coverage you must pay for the entire rental with amex.

I think MasterCard and Visa also require you put the whole thing on that card.