Sign in to follow this  
ICANHASMUNY?

YOUR "COLLECTION SCORE"

Soooooo I got burned today with this too... Removed 6 out of my 8 Ca's in the last 2 months, got my score up to 66x and wouldnt you know. Got a call and letter from a CA today on a CAP1 charge off from 05/06. Well here we go...

Soooooo I got burned today with this too... Removed 6 out of my 8 Ca's in the last 2 months, got my score up to 66x and wouldnt you know. Got a call and letter from a CA today on a CAP1 charge off from 05/06. Well here we go...

Almost 8 years old, you should have been issued a 1009c a year ago. Send a FOAD letter.

Thanks for this thread. I find it to be a good sanity check after reading some raaawrrr! posts by more advanced users who are willing & able to risk kicking the bear inside SOL.

My question: I've read elsewhere on this board, mostly in older posts I think, that opting out of pre-selection offers prevents, or somehow reduces, "collection triggers" from being used to generate PUSH alerts. This surprises me because CAs can still PULL consumers who are opted out or frozen, since they have permissible purpose. So, it seems like they would be able to subscribe to push notifications as well.

Anyone know how this works? Seems like a good thing to have in this thread, either if: it really does help -or- to counter some of older posts that says it does

Good grief this makes me angry :blink: I'm gonna keep fighting the good fight anyway. Thank you for the info - even though it's a little dated

this collection score business has been around for a long time with the CRA's - it's just that most consumers were/are not aware of it.

After reading this thread my obsolete disputes can't come fast enough now! I am a year away, I hope this year goes smooth for me. I am not applying for any loans.

Wow!!

After reading this thread my obsolete disputes can't come fast enough now! I am a year away, I hope this year goes smooth for me. I am not applying for any loans.

Wow!!

Forewarned is forearmed.

Wow!!

Forewarned is forearmed.

If I wasn't forewarned I could've been forearmed in the wrong way :o

Wow!!

Forewarned is forearmed.

If I wasn't forewarned I could've been forearmed in the wrong way :o

It's more of a back-hand.

I had a few medical groups on my report and when I started disputing an avalanche happened and I had things pop up that had fallen off... even had some really old stuff re-age. Now I know why!

Thanks for this thread. I find it to be a good sanity check after reading some raaawrrr! posts by more advanced users who are willing & able to risk kicking the bear inside SOL.
My question: I've read elsewhere on this board, mostly in older posts I think, that opting out of pre-selection offers prevents, or somehow reduces, "collection triggers" from being used to generate PUSH alerts. This surprises me because CAs can still PULL consumers who are opted out or frozen, since they have permissible purpose. So, it seems like they would be able to subscribe to push notifications as well.
Anyone know how this works? Seems like a good thing to have in this thread, either if: it really does help -or- to counter some of older posts that says it does

Itt works on somethings. However, if they're really tracking you, they can get specific alerts, like if you apply for credit. But they can't put your name on a list and sell it that way.

I had a few medical groups on my report and when I started disputing an avalanche happened and I had things pop up that had fallen off... even had some really old stuff re-age. Now I know why!

Reaging debts that are beyond the 7 year FCRA reporting limit and beyond your states SOL is a violation of both the FCRA and the FDCPA.

start a new thread on that issue ( not here on this thread) and PM me with a link to it. will help you with a FOAD/ ITS letter.

I've been waiting 4 years to try and get $100k medical bills off my report....only to decide to send my house back to the bank (allow them to foreclose).

I was bracing myself for some complicated HIPPA related clean up via Why Chat - but now I realize I have a new 4 year SOL to worry about for the possible difference I'll owe on the house.

I'm kinda relieved, by the time I wait out this SOL the medical bills should have dropped off as obsolete, lol.

Glad my husband's credit can keep us going for now.

It's OK to have bad credit some times, even preferable.

I've been waiting 4 years to try and get $100k medical bills off my report....only to decide to send my house back to the bank (allow them to foreclose).

I was bracing myself for some complicated HIPPA related clean up via Why Chat - but now I realize I have a new 4 year SOL to worry about for the possible difference I'll owe on the house.

I'm kinda relieved, by the time I wait out this SOL the medical bills should have dropped off as obsolete, lol.

Glad my husband's credit can keep us going for now.

It's OK to have bad credit some times, even preferable.

yeah sometimes there is just nothing that you can do. My new mortgage is less than your medical bills.

Not long after raising my scores, one of the people pulling mine turned out to be collection side of the IRS (ACS). Managed to take care of that one over the last few months. Lot's of truth to the post that as you make inquiries or improve your situation... someone will notice.

It all makes sense why these last few months some are starting to come out of the wood works. They see you progressing and they make sure to attack you.

The FOAD letter helps with many situations though. I did get hit with a nice 1099-c form from DSNB though :aggressive:

probably too expensive - the CRA's offer this service along with others -

if the CA's already subscribed to a CRA for furnishing credit information, why would they buy Myfico?

This is a very helpful thread. I just got back in the credit game last September with only 2 cards (Discover and Capital One + the secured card I already had for a couple of years before that). As of February I applied for the rest of the cards in my signature block. My experience with this has been that, since February, I've gotten one letter from SRA Associates (a CA for Santander) and phone calls from Advisor Recovery Group and GLC Financial Group. I DV'd SRA Associates and haven't heard back from them since, and they haven't shown up on my credit reports either. The other two simply left messages on my answering machine and I haven't bothered calling them back. I'm keeping a close eye on my credit to see if they show up. I'm planning on applying for a mortgage at the end of the year, so this is definitely important to me.

probably too expensive - the CRA's offer this service along with others -

if the CA's already subscribed to a CRA for furnishing credit information, why would they buy Myfico?

It isn't MyFico. That's FICO's consumer profit center and a very big one. They are pushing FICO's Collection Score and yes the CRAs have their own version of collection scores. I have no idea if the market penetration of the CRA's scores is any higher than their credit score penetration but I was rather surprised that FICO's blog indicates most jdb's have no idea about collection scores at all.

I suspect the most widely used CRA info are things like mortgage apps or new CC accounts rather than scores per se. These are cheap alerts and good indicators of increased collectability.

I suspect the most widely used CRA info are things like mortgage apps or new CC accounts rather than scores per se. These are cheap alerts and good indicators of increased collectability.

Auto loan INQs as well.

In 2011, I got an auto loan -- 2 years after my credit meltdown.

Within a month, BOA woke up and sold my CO to Cavalry.

BOA had not reported the CO for a year before that.

I've always wondered what the threshold is for credit card apps (as opposed to mortgages/auto loans) in triggering increased collection activity.

I waited to rebuild until my charge-offs were older and uncollectible -- out of an abundance of caution -- so I don't know.

BTW, this thread is a must-read for anyone new to credit repair -- especially if you have unpaid charge-offs or collections.

I don't know if this has been asked before or not...

Does you Collection Score go up if you apply for a biz cc and you get approved, BUT!!

It does not report to personal. So basically, all you show is an inquiry.