Sign in to follow this  
Quasei2

Amex Blue Sky

Kind of a random question since I'm too lazy to sit on hold to ask such a silly question. Does anyone here have the Amex Blue Sky card? If so, is it transparent? I'm considering splitting up my current AMEX and for novelty sake I'm considering it LOL

Found my own answer :) Apparently most of the card IS transparent! Since there's no annual fee I might just split my existing card for one of these just for pretties.

I thought you'd appreciate that. LOL I haven't done it yet. Kind of had it on the backburner since life has been a bit insane the last couple months culminating in having a new roommate moving in tomorrow. Should be interesting!

The annual fee for my Airmiles Platinum Amex comes up in November (I think) so I just looked at this Blue Sky Amex as a possible replacement. Amex still refuses to increase my credit limit from $1500 and I'll be damned if I'm paying $50 a year, or whatever it is, for a card I hardly use. So it's either the Blue Sky or the Airmiles Gold Amex.

But I really don't need another rewards program to keep tabs on, so the Blue Sky is out. I'm getting into Aeroplan now, especially since I got the CIBC Aerogold Infinite, but the Amex Aeroplan cards all have an annual fee. So that's out. So it looks like it's the Airmiles Gold for me. Unless I can somehow convince Amex to give me a usable limit, but I doubt that'll happen.

If you get the Blue Sky Quasei, please post a picture if you can. Like you, I'm a sucker for sharp, unique, well-designed credit cards. So I'm curious how the Blue Sky looks in person.

Edited by Stu.Padaso

Well, I did the online "increase credit limit" option again tonight. I put in to update it to $5k, and surprisingly Amex came back with a "we can't give you $5k, but we can give you $2.3k."

GRRRRRRRR. I accepted it. They have got to be the most frustrating and annoying company ever.

But I know what it is that they finally gave in to my constant requests for a CLI. It's because I had 2 hard inquiries drop off of TU in the last month.

I'm still going to down-grade it to the Gold Airmiles Amex though. I can't justify paying $50/yr for a limit that low.