Boxes, storage type.

The last post in this topic was posted 3873 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have a project for winter, we have a back room (looks like a room on hoarders, okay not that bad but still) it is full of clothes that no longer fit, toys the kids out grown, etc and so forth.

I would like to get things organized so we can have a yard sale in the spring. What I would like to do is say have clothes together, stuffed animals, toys etc and so on.

Big containers are way to expensive. so I am thinking big boxes (like moving boxes)

Does anyone know of places that have good prices on this type of thing.

You can buy used moving boxes online for much less than new, just Google. Last time I needed them, I was fortunate enough to find a Craigslist ad -- folks were selling the very expensive boxes from their move, I got a minivan full of flat boxes for $60. Another option is smaller, office storage boxes (letter/legal size) from Staples etc., look for coupons and deals from them.

You can buy used moving boxes online for much less than new, just Google. Last time I needed them, I was fortunate enough to find a Craigslist ad -- folks were selling the very expensive boxes from their move, I got a minivan full of flat boxes for $60. Another option is smaller, office storage boxes (letter/legal size) from Staples etc., look for coupons and deals from them.

Thanks for the tips, I will keep an eye out. I need to get that back room organized, it looks like a room on hoarders, stuff piled on stuff :lol:

I've found bananna and apple boxes (for free from the grocery store) stack well and are very sturdy. Our local store will save them for us as long as we pick them up in a day or two.

While banana boxes do stack well and are sturdy, be careful- they are notorious for harboring roaches.

I've found bananna and apple boxes (for free from the grocery store) stack well and are very sturdy. Our local store will save them for us as long as we pick them up in a day or two.

While banana boxes do stack well and are sturdy, be careful- they are notorious for harboring roaches.

That's the problem with using any ex-food type boxes, especially if you are going to have them sitting in your house for extended period (as OP describes). If it were a one-time pack-and-move situation I'd have mentioned them, but for OP's purposes I think they are better off with non-food items.

Watch out for the really big boxes, depending on what you're storing they can get too heavy to move!

The last post in this topic was posted 3873 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.