and so it begins, teachers.

The last post in this topic was posted 3900 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

PE teachers.

dd was put in PE this semester, wouldn't be a problem but they have to run a mile everyday, dd doesn't mind the part of PE (where you do the volleyball, basketball etc) but the running does bother her bronchial spasms, esp running a mile every day, plus I am still fighting the school to let her have her inhaler on her, otherwise it takes her 10 minutes from the field to walk to the office, take a puff then ten minutes to walk back.

I am trying to get her out of that class (there is other PE classes she can take, she would like either the weight lifting or spin class, she got a taste of the spin class last year and they let you go at your own speed and she enjoyed it).

I emailed her PE teacher (because she is never available by phone or her person) and told her of dd spasms etc and what we are trying to do and that if she can't be transferred can we work something out on the running part, she said she knows who my dd is and that she is overweight and needs to run a mile day.

Hello principal here I come.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PE teachers.

dd was put in PE this semester, wouldn't be a problem but they have to run a mile everyday, dd doesn't mind the part of PE (where you do the volleyball, basketball etc) but the running does bother her bronchial spasms, esp running a mile every day, plus I am still fighting the school to let her have her inhaler on her, otherwise it takes her 10 minutes from the field to walk to the office, take a puff then ten minutes to walk back.

I am trying to get her out of that class (there is other PE classes she can take, she would like either the weight lifting or spin class, she got a taste of the spin class last year and they let you go at your own speed and she enjoyed it).

I emailed her PE teacher (because she is never available by phone or her person) and told her of dd spasms etc and what we are trying to do and that if she can't be transferred can we work something out on the running part, she said she knows who my dd is and that she is overweight and needs to run a mile day.

AND that kids, is how stupid wenches get busted in their stupid mouth.

Um yea. I'd be sitting in that principals office pronto. Either the kid gets to carry inhaler in pocket or NO RUNNING. Period. Geez.

This crap ticks me off. It's this kind of bureaucratic nonsense that played a large part in my decision to pull my kids out.

PE teachers.

AND that kids, is how stupid wenches get busted in their stupid mouth.

yep, yes dd needs to get in shape, but I want her to do it in a class she will enjoy, I was so happy she was out of grade school PE because Jr High (they have to take one PE class between 7 and 9th grade) she so happy that she had choices to choose from.

I hear from a few other parents they dislike this PE teacher.

Um yea. I'd be sitting in that principals office pronto. Either the kid gets to carry inhaler in pocket or NO RUNNING. Period. Geez.

This crap ticks me off. It's this kind of bureaucratic nonsense that played a large part in my decision to pull my kids out.

I will be going there this afternoon, and I will say if they won't move her she will be carrying her inhaler, they say they don't like kids to because they spray them at other people and goof off, okay if a kid does that then make the run for that kid.

evan my dd said what is the point of me starting to run then have to go to the office then come back and I have missed so much of the class when I can stop right there take a puff and continue. She doesn't mind running she is worried about running a mile each day and the teacher wants them to run it in 10 mins.

The issue with the inhaler would be 2nd on the list. Dealing with what the PE teacher said would be first. Regardless, by the end of the convo I hope you make clear that your daughter will carry her inhaler with her when doing physical activities. I'd personally make a few other things clear too, but I recognize that my style isn't for everyone.

The issue with the inhaler would be 2nd on the list. Dealing with what the PE teacher said would be first. Regardless, by the end of the convo I hope you make clear that your daughter will carry her inhaler with her when doing physical activities. I'd personally make a few other things clear too, but I recognize that my style isn't for everyone.

I am seeing the principal with email in hand.

Oh, I wish this would happen to me....I am so sick of the school telling me what I'm gonna do and how I'm gonna raise my kid. It stopped for me last year. I was at that school so many times it wasn't even funny. YOU are the parent, YOUR tax dollars pay that wench....YOU tell them your daughter will carry her inhaler.

Had this same problem with my son. Had to go all the way to the school board, but he carries it.

Good luck.

email

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:45 AM, < removed > wrote:

We do not allow the students to take their inhalers with them, to many goof off and spray other students, we can not have that.

As for changing her class you will need to talk to Name Removed regarding this, but I suggest your daughter stay in my class. I know and have met your daughter before and she is overweight and in need of exercise.

Sincerely

Gym Teacher

Edited by Pam
email

We do not allow the students to take their inhalers with them, to many goof off and spray other students, we can not have that.

As for changing her class you will need to talk to Name Removed regarding this, but I suggest your daughter stay in my class. I know and have met your daughter before and she is overweight and in need of exercise.

Sincerely

Gym Teacher

Ouch.

So this chick also just made a medical diagnosis?

Yeah, I would be at the principal's office PDQ. Moreso for the denial of prescription medicine. The comment would earn an after dark flowers-beating behind the gym.

email

Sincerely

Gym Teacher

Ouch.

So this chick also just made a medical diagnosis?

Yeah, I would be at the principal's office PDQ. Moreso for the denial of prescription medicine. The comment would earn an after dark flowers-beating behind the gym.

Oh I will this afternoon, I know my daughter is over-weight, but I also know that if she is going to do a physical education class I want her to enjoy it. It is hard enough at 13 years old and she has been losing some weight from eating better (she unlike her mom loves veggies and fruit) She is really hoping to do the weight lifting, ds did it and said it was great.

Thanks Pam, I forgot to take out the personal info.

Were you scared to edit it out?????

no I just copied the email from my inbox, just a minute ago, I thought "oh maybe I shouldn't have her personal info in there, went back to edit, Miss pammy beat me to it.

email

Sincerely

Gym Teacher

Man. I would have so much fun with this, I wouldn't even know where to begin. But I would have been at that school by about 8:56.

email

Sincerely

Gym Teacher

Man. I would have so much fun with this, I wouldn't even know where to begin. But I would have been at that school by about 8:56.

I can't leave work only one here, but I am off in an hour give or take so I am heading up there.

The last post in this topic was posted 3900 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.