WFNNB cards without a credit inquiry

Guest verve

The last post in this topic was posted 2335 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

What did the email look like from nyco. For preapproval, hope its not embedded in the email in small print.

I believe the subject line said "You're pre-approved!" or something along those lines. It wasn't one of the typical $25 off coupon emails that they send several times a week. I had to create an email filter because they send so much stuff, it became annoying. But that particular email was clear about being a pre-approval for the credit card.

Thank you so much!

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my VS card via the checkout trick as well with a $350 CL. I know my wife has enjoyed the card, I let her have at it as part of her Christmas gift and then I paid it off. She got some stuff that she wanted and I got my upgraded black VIP Angel card :D.

I did the same. Thankfully, it got replaced by a black one. rolleyes.gif

...I just hate being called angel in all their e-mails and mail though...

I received my VS card via the checkout trick as well with a $350 CL. I know my wife has enjoyed the card, I let her have at it as part of her Christmas gift and then I paid it off. She got some stuff that she wanted and I got my upgraded black VIP Angel card :D.

LOL, Angel :angel:

That was my nickname as a kid, so everytime I get those emails they weird me out. It's like someone from back home is telling me there's a free limited edition lace thong with the purchase of $50 or more.

That was my nickname as a kid, so everytime I get those emails they weird me out. It's like someone from back home is telling me there's a free limited edition lace thong with the purchase of $50 or more.

Are those really free right now?:yahoo: J/k

• 1 month later...

They really do offer free panties like every other month it seems. Or at least it seemed, haven't seen one in a bit. Maybe it was the holiday season or something.

I've gotten a few coupons for them. My GF has been very good at spending money there though. All I get is a stupid catalogue. So not fair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

At various points in time I've been offered the following pre-approvals at checkout by following the routine described in this thread (create an account, fill in all of the profile data - address, birthday, etc, then add an item to my cart and go thru the checkout routine up til the point where it is about to ask for my billing info):

Avenue $750

Brylane Home $700 (now $1000)

Buckle $700

Express $???

KingSize $750

Newport News $500 (now $1300)

OneStopPlus $750

Roaman's $750

Spiegel $500 (now $800)

Victoria's Secret $350 (now $790)

Woman Within $500 (now $800)

(Just now realized that WFNNB is backing me to the tune of over $8K - nice people! :D )

Some additional info:

- WFNNB will consider CLI requests after the first 9 months, then after each 3 month period thereafter. They have a nifty link for this on their online account websites.

- I've only had an online CLI request result in a hard inquiry once (when I hit the button twice in about 6 weeks' time at Newport News).

Hope this helps someone!

PS - its been said before in this thread but YES you HAVE to be opted in for this to work.

Edited by GonnaGetEm

An update,

My first WFNBB card was with vs. I bought the aftershave and shampoo. You know the men stuff. I had it for a couple of months and then got a preapproval for women within by catalog. I gave it to my mom to get a couple of things. The next day I got preapproval for Newport News or something like that. One stop plus, and two others i dont remember. In regards to the women within card, it looks like you can get the other 2 or 3 related cards as-well. I got about 250 dollar limits on all. I probably get the VS cli soon. It screw my age of accounts but I only got an orchard card on there anyways.

WFNNB has shown me no love on their preapprovals. In fact, I app'd in May and was declined. I still have one baddie that is not reporting as IIB, and it should be (and this is only on EX), so I'm guessing that's why. Wife got preapproval with VS in June. I've been going through the different sites for awhile (just want the preapproval, don't want to take it right now). DW added me as a user a couple weeks ago. Wouldn't you know it? Express gives me the pop-up today.

• 7 months later...

Yes, most definitely, these pre-approvals are still active following the modus operandi described in this thread...

I have got a few cards through this method over the last 6 months, mostly because my girlfriend is sort of a compulsive clothes buyer and she is always searching for bargains. Thus far, I have been pre-approved at check-in for:

Roaman`s $800

Victoria Secret $750

Arizona Mail Order $900

Domestications $800

Jessica London $750 increased to $1600 after 6 months of heavy use through an automatic increase at the 4 mos. mark, and a CLI request at the 7th month (no hard inquiry on credit report)

I have also tried other sites and been pre-approved for their cards going through their check out routine as well. I have obviously not obtained all of them. However, if your goal is to build a credit file over a long period of time, WFNNB is probably a good option since you can obtain a large number of cards without a hard inquiry and they would generally increase their credit limits after 6 months through a nifty way they have on their sites and eventually age. This approach may not work for everyone but it is a nice option worth considering depending on the circumstances.

Other cards easy to get from WFNNB that have not previously been mentioned in this thread and usually available through the check out routine already discussed are Blair, Bedford Fair, Silhouettes, Haband, Appleseeds, Peebles. and Monterey Bay Clothing.

Also keep in mind that if you are pre-approved for one of the Redcats Brand Cards also issued through WFNNB, you are definitely going to receive pre-approvals from the rest of the ``family``. These are One Stop Plus, Roaman`s, Woman Within, Jessica London, King Size, Brylane Home, and Avenue. The Sportman`s Guide is also part of it but because they offer only a VISA card, they are much harder to get and do not offer pre-approvals at the check out routine option.

Good luck to all of those looking to build their credit files; don`t despair if the pre-approvals don`t come as fast as you would like. As a routine matter, make sure that your updated address and other personal identifying information is accurate on the Experian databases since that is the credit bureau WFNNB uses to generate their pre-approvals.

I have tried about 10 sites none of them work....does this still work

You might have opted out? I think you need to be opted in to use this. It worked for me a few months ago but i closed it because of such a low limit.

Edited by GoCardinals

The last post in this topic was posted 2335 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.