High school makeup classes

The last post in this topic was posted 3911 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

If you have a junior in high school, will they let them attend English 11, if they failed English 10?

Here they have make up classes at night for a semester, just not sure which one he would need. Thoughts?

Wondering what classes they would place him in, kwim? Do they intermix 9-12 these days?

Ok I am showing my age here, but it was different when I was in HS.

15 year old DD, in her first year of HS last year, had classes with some seniors. I know for sure in Science, but I know she said last year at the time that a lot of her classes were with people in different grades.

I know that there is one kid she goes to school with that has failed a couple of classes 2 years in a row, but he still ends up in her actual grade so they are passing him through. He's a nice kid who I personally think has a LD and needs to be in special ed, but so far they haven't done that.

:rofl:

I thought the thread was about schools now teaching how to apply makeup.

Me too. I thought I was gonna learn how to use a Midnight Blue Crayon for eyeliner. :lol:

:lol:

I wish it were something else.

No, my oldest boy came home to live with us, after two years at his fathers. Needless to say I got his transcripts yesterday, and I am not happy. First they never took him to the doctor to get his ADD meds, even though he had health coverage, and second never had scheduled homework time (yes I know he is 16, but he has to be on a routine, or its bad), also had 20 absences last year because his father wouldn't get up to take him. It is all a big mess, but we are getting it straightened out. He knows the rules here, and is doing well so far.

:rofl:

I thought the thread was about schools now teaching how to apply makeup.

Me too. I thought I was gonna learn how to use a Midnight Blue Crayon for eyeliner. :lol:

:lol:

No, my oldest boy came home to live with us, after two years at his fathers. Needless to say I got his transcripts yesterday, and I am not happy. First they never took him to the doctor to get his ADD meds, even though he had health coverage, and second never had scheduled homework time (yes I know he is 16, but he has to be on a routine, or its bad), also had 20 absences last year because his father wouldn't get up to take him. It is all a big mess, but we are getting it straightened out. He knows the rules here, and is doing well so far.

I bet he adores his new baby sister too.

<_<

:lol: You have a 16 year old son!!! What the hell!!!??? Why don't I know these things????!!!! People around here keep stuff from me and I don't like it.

:(

:P You have a 16 year old son!!! What the hell!!!??? Why don't I know these things????!!!! People around here keep stuff from me and I don't like it.

Ya... LOL. He actually will be 17 this month. :) I started young. ;)

When my son was in High School, He failed a History class in may. (lets call it history 1) When school started back in Aug he was able to to make it up after school, and when He was done with it, He took history 2 for the next semester.

my niece failed English 10 and is taking English 11 at school and English 10 through correspondence at the same time. We are also in Ohio, but I don't know if it's a state thing or a school district thing.

The correspondence course cost about $75.00.

my niece failed English 10 and is taking English 11 at school and English 10 through correspondence at the same time. We are also in Ohio, but I don't know if it's a state thing or a school district thing.

The correspondence course cost about $75.00.

I will have to check into it. For anything but math this would work for him. Thanks for the idea.

The last post in this topic was posted 3911 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.