The last post in this topic was posted 3950 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

we use a pet door for our cats, but not so they can go outside. We have ours in the laundry room door and keep the litter boxes and food in there. That way the dog leaves both alone. Our cats are indoors all the time.

we use a pet door for our cats, but not so they can go outside. We have ours in the laundry room door and keep the litter boxes and food in there. That way the dog leaves both alone. Our cats are indoors all the time.

I am considering one down to the basement, for their litter pan. We have had it in the laundry room, but I don't like it there.

We have one from the inside garage door (you know, the one from inside the house to the garage) as we have the litter boxes in the garage. 2 of my cats like to go outside and we just let them out the front or back door. My other cat just likes to be let out the front door and walk around to the back door and come back in.

We used to leave the big garage door cracked a few inches so they could come and go as they pleased, but ended up with other cats and dogs coming in.

I always lol because my dad had one for his cat to come and go, and he ended up with all kinds of neighbor cats on his bed and also a pregnant cat that came in and had kittens in his closet.

I was all set to use a pet door for our cat who was strictly an indoor cat, but who started getting out when we'd walk in with groceries or whatever. He started killing voles, lots of them while he was out, which tempted me to let him out whenever he wanted, that is until he brought us fleas. Omg,I hate fleas! It took us 2 weeks to finally get rid of them with Advantage and Raid Flea Killer Plus.

Now he stays indoors 24/7 and we'll have to go back to trapping the voles. :unsure:

We have one from the inside garage door (you know, the one from inside the house to the garage) as we have the litter boxes in the garage. 2 of my cats like to go outside and we just let them out the front or back door. My other cat just likes to be let out the front door and walk around to the back door and come back in.

We used to leave the big garage door cracked a few inches so they could come and go as they pleased, but ended up with other cats and dogs coming in.

I always lol because my dad had one for his cat to come and go, and he ended up with all kinds of neighbor cats on his bed and also a pregnant cat that came in and had kittens in his closet.

:unsure: Bet his cat food bill went up.

I am considering one down to the basement, for their litter pan. We have had it in the laundry room, but I don't like it there.

This is exactly what we have. We put a cat door on the basement door so the cats can go down and use the litterbox. The dog is too big to fit through, so it has the added benefit of keeping him away from the litterbox "snacks".

Note: If your cat is steeped in stupidity like mine is, it may not be able to figure out how to use the door. When we first got it, we put his food on the other side of the cat door and he cried at the door for the entire day. Of course, when we tried to "help" (push) him through, it ended badly. So we just took the flap off and our "cat door" is essentially a "cat hole".

We have one like that, too. We leave it open all day and close it when we need to feed them separate and at night because they make too much noise. One of them learned how to open it so we put a latch on it, then she figured out how to get that open from one side, but not the other. We have 2 still outside cats and one that lives in a bedroom because she doesn't like cats. It's like Chinese fire drill to feed them all but I finally got the diabetic one's blood sugar under control.

The last post in this topic was posted 3950 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.