Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

US Bank, wtf?

The last post in this topic was posted 3767 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So out of sheer madness I decided to apply for a US Bank free checking account today, online. I know for a fact I have 4 seperate reports on my chexsystems for account abuse from 2007, they're not paid either.

It looks like I was approved, I even received my new account number online at the end of the application.

Is this too good to be true or what? Anyone think they're gonna close this down on me?

Probably true. US Bank are ChexSystems-tolerant for a fact. How tolerant? I don't know. I know one bad that is NOT with them is no big deal. You had four? Good.

I also know PNC is ChexSystems-tolerant.

Probably true. US Bank are ChexSystems-tolerant for a fact. How tolerant? I don't know. I know one bad that is NOT with them is no big deal. You had four? Good.

I also know PNC is ChexSystems-tolerant.

I was an salamander a few years ago. I figured out that banks would give me $100 immediately available from any check you threw in for deposit and I had run in to some hard times and needed the money. I screwed up 2 bank of america accounts and 2 wachovia accounts by doing this. I really don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Hopefully US Bank really did open this account for me and I can have a second chance. Does anyone else have any more insight in to my situation I posted about? I would truly appreciate it.

It has been reported that US Bank will only look at chexsystems reports from the past 3 years. Anything older than 3 years should not be seen and they will approve ...Otherwise, they do deny those reported to chexsystems everyday.

If your report is less than 3 years old and fraud is not indicated on your chexsystems report, you are best to apply at an "in store" branch. In store branches have been known to approve those that were denied at regular branches and online. These branches are known to be more lenient. There are some in store branches that actually have signs that say " In chexsystems? No problem!"

On my forum we have compiled a list of many locations that have approved those reported to chexsystems. In the past few years US Bank has helped many people reported to chexsystems

It has been reported that US Bank will only look at chexsystems reports from the past 3 years. Anything older than 3 years should not be seen and they will approve ...Otherwise, they do deny those reported to chexsystems everyday.

If your report is less than 3 years old and fraud is not indicated on your chexsystems report, you are best to apply at an "in store" branch. In store branches have been known to approve those that were denied at regular branches and online. These branches are known to be more lenient. There are some in store branches that actually have signs that say " In chexsystems? No problem!"

On my forum we have compiled a list of many locations that have approved those reported to chexsystems. In the past few years US Bank has helped many people reported to chexsystems

Yeah I've never ever had fraud, I just pulled out the old chexsystems report I had ordered. The two different types of "reports" on me were for Account Abuse and NSF Activity. I called up US Bank today to ask them if my account was fully active and approved and they said yes. I applied via the internet. 2 of the "reports" on me were put on chexsystems in 12/2007 so they're definitely younger then 3 years old, I guess US Bank has a shorter time frame of ignoring chexsystems stuff then people previously thought.

some have said it is 2 years but I have had some denied a little less than 3 yrs old.

The good thing about US Bank is that they will not close your account once it is opened like many banks do. If you want to keep your account at US Bank private from chexsystems, be sure to order checks from a safe company.

some have said it is 2 years but I have had some denied a little less than 3 yrs old.

The good thing about US Bank is that they will not close your account once it is opened like many banks do. If you want to keep your account at US Bank private from chexsystems, be sure to order checks from a safe company.

Well I'm not gonna complain. Thanks so much to everyone here who's posted about US Bank, I never knew they existed until I came to these forums. It really is a huge huge help.

MCA, just to give you a little fyi about US Bank. I am in chexsystem, and they are a little over 2 years old. US Bank opened an account for me, this evening. So like you said, its kind of a shot in the dark, but it worked out for me. Thanks for all of your help on this

I read this post and thought, HUH... i wonder.... I have an acct with my local Credit Union, and I can NOT stand their customer service, everyone who works there is so rude. I thought because I had a US Bank checking account many many years ago, I wouldn't be able to open one (I owed like $98 or something, but it was never reported to Chex, ever) because a few years ago I went in to a branch to apply for an account and was denied, the lady said I owed them $98 and if I paid it I could open a new account. I never paid it, but it was never on Chex. So now it's 2010 and I just opened an account, so I am happy because US Banks are everywhere so depositing money is easy. My credit union is only open M to F til 5PM and their ATM doesn't take deposits!!! Irritating. So, thanks for this post, I would have had no idea. So happy to have a US Bank account!!

I have my personal checking (since October of 2009) and my business checking (since August of 2010) with US Bank. So far I have had zero issues with them in regard to Chex. I know for a fact that I am on Chex from June 2009 due to Wells Fargo reporting me for "account abuse". Other than that I do not believe I have any additional issues with Chex. I was even able to open a US Bank account immediately after my WF account was closed and reported in June however I never sent in the signature card and opening deposit so the account eventually was closed but not due to Chex. I went back in October and called and opened new accounts with no issues.

My business account was opened in a stand alone branch (not a store branch) with my EIN (which is not on Chex) and my social (which is on Chex from the 2009 WF entry as described above). This was just done on Friday. I called the customer no service department and they verified that the business account is open with no holds! I hope that all stays open and goes smooth especially with the business account.

Hi...I am a longtime reader...first time poster. Just had to comment because I am in the middle of restructuring my financial life (pending Chap. 7 and one unpaid baddie on Chex). I had all but given up hope of getting another bank account but after reading the initial post here I was able to go online and to my surprise I was approved for a CHECKING AND SAVINGS. I received my account numbers at the end of the process! This was a ray of sun in an otherwise gloomy period for me. Just wanted to say thanks! I've been using a prepaid Western Union visa debit card for banking purposes and really missed the ease and convenience of traditional banking. The good info shared in this forum is unreal...helps so much!

Edited by LadyBugChicago

Ladybugchicago.. that is great news. Can I ask which branch you used? we do keep a list of branches that people are able to get accounts at for US Bank. Also, just to let you know that many people who have filed a BK and are either currently in one or just out of one have been able to request to be removed form chexsystems. So far chexsystems has remvoed most everyone

Some are sending in proof that they have only filed it, and they are still removing even before discharge

Your Name

Your Address

Chexsystems Consumer Relations

7805 Hudson Road

Suite 100

Woodbury, MN 55125

Date

RE: Consumer ID # (your consumer ID # here)

To Whom It May Concern:

I filed a bankruptcy on (date) which included the debt that you show on your records. I was advised that sending in proper documentation showing that the debt was included in my bankruptcy and was discharged on (date) would allow this record to be removed. This report is SEVERELY (if not completely) restricting my banking abilities.

If the debt described above has been resolved, I ask that you remove, or have removed, any derogatory marks from my Chexsystems, and Credit reports per the FCRA and send me confirmation that you have done so within 30 days of this letter. Thank you for your time and assistance with this important matter.

My contact information is as follows:

Your Name (printed or typed, not signed)

SSN

Address

Thank you so very much for this info, mca! I have also been spending time in the BK forum and the information everyone has shared is so helpful. I will definitely be adding this to my post-BK clean up efforts to get back on my feet.

I actually did not go to a branch. I am here in Chicago and there is a location near our home, but I went online through the main US Bank site. http://www.usbank.com/en/personal/products...es/checking.cfm and clicked "Apply Online". Now I just have to fund the accounts...low opening balances...$50 for checking, $25 for savings.

I had been signing checks over to my fiance to get them cashed at his bank...this is a big help. :(

Edited by LadyBugChicago

Thanks for letting me know. Yes many lately have told me that they were able to apply online and were approved at US Bank. From what we can tell, this is definitely true for those who have reports that are several years old.

I applied online at US Bank, received an account number but was later denied. I know I am in Chex so not sure why they'd approve, send me an account number, then deny later on. I am waiting for their "letter" as Customer Service couldn't see the reason for the decline.

Did you have an account at US Bank in the past or ever have a problem with them?

US bank will send you the papers that you need to sign and mail back in along with your desposit if you have opened the account online

Did you have an account at US Bank in the past or ever have a problem with them?

I've never had an account with US Bank. I received the denial letter stating that info on my application didn't match what was on my credit report. Too funny. Well I opened an account at a local credit union. It'll be better this way anyway.

That would not have been a denial due to chexsystems but they needed to verify your identity

I have my personal checking (since October of 2009) and my business checking (since August of 2010) with US Bank. So far I have had zero issues with them in regard to Chex. I know for a fact that I am on Chex from June 2009 due to Wells Fargo reporting me for "account abuse". Other than that I do not believe I have any additional issues with Chex. I was even able to open a US Bank account immediately after my WF account was closed and reported in June however I never sent in the signature card and opening deposit so the account eventually was closed but not due to Chex. I went back in October and called and opened new accounts with no issues.

My business account was opened in a stand alone branch (not a store branch) with my EIN (which is not on Chex) and my social (which is on Chex from the 2009 WF entry as described above). This was just done on Friday. I called the customer no service department and they verified that the business account is open with no holds! I hope that all stays open and goes smooth especially with the business account.

I am wondering what was behind WF's reporting you for account abuse to Chex. The reason I am asking is that I am trying to figure out if merely having lots of accounts (and thus multiple Chex inquiries), all in good standing and not ever overdrawn, could by itself be enough "reason".

TIA!

The last post in this topic was posted 3767 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.