Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Is this PP and how to i handle it

The last post in this topic was posted 3823 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

This is in regards to my Cap one charge off

Account sold to collect america they did a hard Inq on 9/15/09

now the law office of jo puttzo who is also claiming to collect on this pulls a hard on the next day 9/16/09

strange thing is law office of puttso calls me from phoenix az yet they have the same addrss as collect america listed on the hard inq

do they both have pp to pull a hard inq?

and what can/should i do if not

hmm also just noticed that collect america also has a soft 9/09

this is my TU report btw

Edited by connerches

Basically if they feel they have an account that they are trying to collect on then yes.

You'd have to send a letter to capital one requesting who has the legal right to collect on the debt and go from there. However be warned they will only have in their records who they assigned the debt to. If Collection America assigned it to someone else (lawyer in this case) it would be in Collection America's records.

Thats basically what happend ,

Cap one sold the debt to Collect America , who has there address list as blah blah blah denver Co and they pulled a hard inq.

on 09/15/09

Now what i don't get is how the Law office of Jo Pezzuto ....supposedly an Attorney working for Collect America is able to pull a hard inq the following day using the same address as collect america

Edited by connerches

This is in regards to my Cap one charge off

Account sold to collect america they did a hard Inq on 9/15/09

now the law office of jo puttzo who is also claiming to collect on this pulls a hard on the next day 9/16/09

strange thing is law office of puttso calls me from phoenix az yet they have the same addrss as collect america listed on the hard inq

do they both have pp to pull a hard inq?

and what can/should i do if not

hmm also just noticed that collect america also has a soft 9/09

this is my TU report btw

FREEZE THE CRA THEY ARE PULLING

NO MORE CA HARDS

Works more often than not...

(not that it will make the CA go away)

BUT THEY CAN'T HURT YOUR SCORE MORE THAN IT IS ALREADY

Some people have had 3 and 4 HARDS in a month

Month after month that has to make a scores take a MAJOR DUMP

Edited by GEORGE

Beli is correct.

1) read section 604 of the FCRA.

2) if these fools pull a ton of inquiries do a search for "poisoning" and put their feet to the fire.

Thanks for the advise

one thing im still curious about and it hasnt been addressed yet is the 2nd inq. by the law office of joe pussuto they have a CO address and they have an AZ address , however they are not listed at the address they used for the 2nd inq. they used collect americas address ....... i'm trying to do a search on this but there was a post about sub/companies not being allowed to use the same office/address as the main company ...I think it was in regards to sherman and all there alias's

I'm just trying to collect all the violations i can

I have the rep calling me at the end of the week (because i told him i will not discuss anything without a letter from there office) and im confident he will again state that he is an attorney (he is a ca rep) , and again he will state that he is representing cap 1 when he is infact representing (collect america)....digital recorder locked and loaded

Edited by connerches

The last post in this topic was posted 3823 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.