Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

It's mortgage inquiry time. Who will come out of the woodwork?

The last post in this topic was posted 3823 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ok I got a mortgage about 3 years ago, long before my CB days. Long story short my divorce is final, the house is mine (insomuch as a mortgaged property can be mine) and I decided to look into refinancing. Pulled the trigger today, told them to go ahead and pull my credit and let me know what they may or may not be able to do for me.

Interestingly I just pulled my credit and there's already a TU inquiry for CBCINNOVIS. Now I expected a credit pull from one or more of the bureaus, but Innovis? I thought they ran their own game, do they offer 3rd party credit pull services to potential lenders as well? Anyway I'm not concerned about that, I have a fresh copy of my Innovis report as well as relatively recent hard copies from the big 3, so I'm basically looking at the same thing they will be.

Now here's my question, I know that collections agencies subscribe to various services that inform them of mortgage inquiries. Should I expect old stuff to come out of the woodwork?

Here's what I can think of off of the top of my head: 1. Old cell phone bill, out of SOL in PA, not reporting anywhere. 2. Old directTV bill that is out of SOL if the UCC applies, probably not per PA law. 3. Old bank error that I DO NOT OWE and WILL NOT PAY, EVER. Currently not reporting except to Chexsystems, and I'm on the brink of litigation there. 4. Something with LVNV but I have a letter from them stating that the account had been closed in their office and it would not be transferred, sold or assigned elsewhere, so I'm pretty sure that's done with.

But for the other 3, how likely am I to have CA's come out of the woodwork? I don't NEED this re-fi, so it's not as if they're going to have me by the you know what, but I might be able to half my interest AND possibly consolidate an auto loan into the same lower rate, so while I'd like this to happen, I have all the time in the world. How likely would you say I am to run into nonsense from old debt on this?

Ok I got a mortgage about 3 years ago, long before my CB days. Long story short my divorce is final, the house is mine (insomuch as a mortgaged property can be mine) and I decided to look into refinancing. Pulled the trigger today, told them to go ahead and pull my credit and let me know what they may or may not be able to do for me.

Interestingly I just pulled my credit and there's already a TU inquiry for CBCINNOVIS. Now I expected a credit pull from one or more of the bureaus, but Innovis? I thought they ran their own game, do they offer 3rd party credit pull services to potential lenders as well? Anyway I'm not concerned about that, I have a fresh copy of my Innovis report as well as relatively recent hard copies from the big 3, so I'm basically looking at the same thing they will be.

Now here's my question, I know that collections agencies subscribe to various services that inform them of mortgage inquiries. Should I expect old stuff to come out of the woodwork?

Here's what I can think of off of the top of my head: 1. Old cell phone bill, out of SOL in PA, not reporting anywhere. 2. Old directTV bill that is out of SOL if the UCC applies, probably not per PA law. 3. Old bank error that I DO NOT OWE and WILL NOT PAY, EVER. Currently not reporting except to Chexsystems, and I'm on the brink of litigation there. 4. Something with LVNV but I have a letter from them stating that the account had been closed in their office and it would not be transferred, sold or assigned elsewhere, so I'm pretty sure that's done with.

But for the other 3, how likely am I to have CA's come out of the woodwork? I don't NEED this re-fi, so it's not as if they're going to have me by the you know what, but I might be able to half my interest AND possibly consolidate an auto loan into the same lower rate, so while I'd like this to happen, I have all the time in the world. How likely would you say I am to run into nonsense from old debt on this?

FOR SOME REASON THEY CAN ACT AS A 3rd PARTY AGENT AND PULL EQ and TU and EX

I wish you well with your RE-FI

But I would have loved to pay you to FREEZE Innovis before you pulled the trigger and seen what

happened when they were FROZEN...but you probably wouldn't want to risk a denial (IF THEY WOULD ACTUALLY SAY DENIED)

I guess that is something that I will have to try on my own

But I can't justify doing a CASH-OUT RE-FI this late in the game

Under $30,000 left is a hard sell I was told

CBC Innovis is one of the largest furnishers of mortgage credit reports in the U.S. Many people doubt Innovis is doing much of anything these days (see the other thread currently going on).

CBC Innovis can furnish merged credit reports, flood certifications, and all kinds of real estate related information to lenders.

CBC Innovis is one of the largest furnishers of mortgage credit reports in the U.S. Many people doubt Innovis is doing much of anything these days (see the other thread currently going on).

CBC Innovis can furnish merged credit reports, flood certifications, and all kinds of real estate related information to lenders.

DON'T FORGET THEY ARE OWNED BY A COLLECTION AGENCY

That makes you feel real special when they get to pull your pants down and make you show all

That makes you feel real special when they get to pull your pants down and make you show all

This is true...

seein how everyone else went off topic...I will too

this who showed up for all of our mortgage pulls

http://www.acranet.com/index.asp

OP,I wouldn't worry about it if you don't absolutely need the re-fi...think of it this way...if something pops up you can deal with it and apply again...no one expects rates to exceed 6 % by the beginning of next yr

seein how everyone else went off topic...I will too

this who showed up for all of our mortgage pulls

http://www.acranet.com/index.asp

OP,I wouldn't worry about it if you don't absolutely need the re-fi...think of it this way...if something pops up you can deal with it and apply again...no one expects rates to exceed 6 % by the beginning of next yr

IT IS REALLY AMAZING ALL THE PLACES THAT HAVE YOUR INFORMATION THAT DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE GUTS TO ASK IF YOU WANTED THEM TO COLLECT ANY INFORMATION ON YOU...BEFORE THEY COLLECTED IT

ya no kidding.... acranet is listed as a credit reporting agency

but from what I can tell theyre like...a data miner

there were no surprises on the mortgage pulls at least...besides getting two more baddies to drop off during the process that is :lol:

Edited by vetswife

What CA is that?

The last post in this topic was posted 3823 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.