Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Innovis - What is the deal?

The last post in this topic was posted 3144 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

GamingG

It is more about have I been denied a credit card or loan because they were pulled and not EQ or TU or EX

Understandable. People like you and I don't really have to worry about Innovis because we're not looking for a mortgage and because we never defaulted on anything, so no CA has any reason to be there anyway. No one has ever reported a hard inquiry on Innovis for anything except a mortgage application, as far as I know.

But, as they have grown a lot in the last few years, who knows... maybe we'll be able to feed the monster three ways again soon (but instead of Experian... we'll get Innovis FICOs).

GamingG

It is more about have I been denied a credit card or loan because they were pulled and not EQ or TU or EX

Understandable. People like you and I don't really have to worry about Innovis because we're not looking for a mortgage and because we never defaulted on anything, so no CA has any reason to be there anyway. No one has ever reported a hard inquiry on Innovis for anything except a mortgage application, as far as I know.

But, as they have grown a lot in the last few years, who knows... maybe we'll be able to feed the monster three ways again soon (but instead of Experian... we'll get Innovis FICOs).

I would love to know if anybody would really be DENIED A MORTGAGE because of FROZEN Innovis

(assuming EQ and TU and EX were not FROZEN and passed fine)

...EQ or TU or EX unlocked before the mortgage

Edited by GEORGE

GamingG

I would love to know if anybody would really be DENIED A MORTGAGE because of FROZEN Innovis

I've yet to read such a story. I would think that a lender would wonder why Innovis was frozen and the big three weren't, though...

GamingG

I've yet to read such a story. I would think that a lender would wonder why Innovis was frozen and the big three weren't, though...

BECAUSE I CAN

BECAUSE IT WAS FREE

BECAUSE OTHERS THINK THEY ARE IMPORTANT

PICK ONE

IDS sells a variety of products to creditors. I know first hand that one if its marketing ploys is to tell creditors that "too many consumers have cleaned there consumer reports with EX, EQ, and TU...you need to by our backdoor product to make sure"

Funny, when I do a search on that quote on Google, it comes right back to this quote....

Not one to split hairs (but I guess I'm gonna anyway), can you cite where this marketing ploy is?

I ordered my Innovis some time ago, and there wasn't much on it. I do remember that it wasn't fit for toilet paper.

excuse me? are you suggesting the sale pitch I witnessed was not a ploy (just like all marketing) ?

DON'T FORGET Innovis (that some here worship) IS OWNED BY A COLLECTION AGENCY

Last warning George. I want you stop this "some here" crap. We know exactly who you are referring to. It will stop immediately. I'm not playing games any more. This is ruining this site and I will NOT LET THAT HAPPEN.

I've never seen my Innovis report, but I'm going to order a copy just to see what it's all about!

Another Innovis discussion?

Innovis is a player no matter how big or small.

Any entity that reports and stores my personal info is important.

:lol:

+1,000

I got my innovis report today... and the freeze confirmation too...

they had my loan history and the only judgment I have.... got to get some old old old addresses off it though.

Innovis had 2 of my 5 credit cards on it and thats all. I'm glad I don't have to worry about anything negative on it and glad to know that if they do become a big player sometime I am prepared.

No known lender will pull your Innovis report only in making their lending decision, but some are known to pull them along with the big three in order to qualify you for a mortgage.

also, some are known to use a consumer's report from innovis to manage accounts. discover for example has shut people down based on data contained in their IDS report.

I am conservative about such things so my view is learning what IDS knows about me is important. This is especially true because IDS is part of the e-oscar system.

Do you know of any other lenders that do this?

:clapping: I think Discover does AR inquiries on ChexSystems, too...

What would DISCOVER need to stick their nose into ChexSystems for

No idea, but I recall reading a post somewhere where people were discussing why Discover had pulled a soft on their ChexSystems report. Now that I think about it, it might have been promotional... does ChexSystem even have those?

sort of OT, and a little late to the party...

I got my Chex report yesterday (was curious) - only "hards" were from a local credit union from 3 years ago, and FNBO for an FNBO direct acct. Apparently Wach/WF didn't pull when I opened a free checking last year. ??

Anyway - there WAS a "promotional" (didn't say a/r or anything) pull from Discover sitting there. Was one of only two promos (the other was from some company I've NEVER heard of).

sort of OT, and a little late to the party...

I got my Chex report yesterday (was curious) - only "hards" were from a local credit union from 3 years ago, and FNBO for an FNBO direct acct. Apparently Wach/WF didn't pull when I opened a free checking last year. ??

Anyway - there WAS a "promotional" (didn't say a/r or anything) pull from Discover sitting there. Was one of only two promos (the other was from some company I've NEVER heard of).

Thanks for confirming that.

It seems like Innovis is not interested in collections accounts....So I could see them being used for mortgage inquiries. Most posters have said their reports included =loan history, cc major, and judgments..... It seems like their growing up fast to be just like Big Brothers and Sis!

I recently ordered my Innovis report in anticipation of mortgage shopping later in the year. I have never owned a home so I didn't think I'd have a report. Not only did it show my car loans and major CC's but my GEMB cards as well. I have since added a WFNNB store card to that lot, but I thought it was worth mentioning that my Innovis report was the most accurate CR up until that point; presently it matches my EX, EQ, and TU reports now that the big 3 have made the proper corrections to my reports.

The only things missing were my Discover card I closed in 05 and an old fingerhut account.

NO hards or softs were listed.

There are enough of the major players reporting to Innovis that it is worth knowing...some FOOLS would rather stay in the dark. Personally, being proactive is generally preferred to being reactive when it comes to matters of life, to include personal credit.

I have previously posted about who was on my Innovis report...it was worth knowing.

About a third of my IIB accounts and have of my current, post-BK accounts were on my Innovis report I got yesterday. Everything on there seemed accurate, with one exception - one IIB reported as "chargeoff" and not IIB, so I sent a dispute.

There are enough of the major players reporting to Innovis that it is worth knowing...some FOOLS would rather stay in the dark. Personally, being proactive is generally preferred to being reactive when it comes to matters of life, to include personal credit.

I have previously posted about who was on my Innovis report...it was worth knowing.

About a third of my IIB accounts and have of my current, post-BK accounts were on my Innovis report I got yesterday. Everything on there seemed accurate, with one exception - one IIB reported as "chargeoff" and not IIB, so I sent a dispute.

so would it be safe to state that you feel that it is "worth knowing" about Innovis?

so would it be safe to state that you feel that it is "worth knowing" about Innovis?

:o

I agree with Centex. What is the harm in knowing what is on your Innovis report? As some have said, some mortgage lenders utilize Innovis during the mortgage lending process. I would rather know what is on there and try to clean the report than get blindsided when I apply for a mortgage.

I called Innovis and ordered my report on friday... it arrived today. Fast!

I said I was seeking employment and they sent it to me for free. Definitely worth looking at... luckily, none of the old baddies are on there. They were only reporting my 2 BofA CCs and the auto loan from my local CU.

The last post in this topic was posted 3144 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.