Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Non-PP Inquiries Due to ID theft

The last post in this topic was posted 3822 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

First i just want to thank everyone for their time and help in advance. This forum has given me a lot of good information.

Now to my question I have some hard inquiries on my Tu and EQ credit report due to Id theft.

With experian i have actually had them removed by them but the other cra's just say they won't.

So i want to send those companies letter to have them removed and ask for the $1000 for damage cause or threat to sue.

What i am wondering is this when i send the letters out what information do i send to them?.

I dont want to send my SS# with my name on since i'm a victim of id theft. I been a victim of id theft for a few years and the thing that kind of help clean up is that my ss# was used with a diferent name not mine. So i dont want to give them my actual information.

Also if someone can provide with a link to the letter for non-pp inquiries removal i will appreciated.

If I need something else with this letter or how else to handle this please tell me more.

Thanks

Did you file a police report when you found out you were a victim of ID theft? Your police report could be a good reason for them to remove inquiries.

Yes i did file a police report. I sent it to all cra's since i have been disputing many accounts. Which mostly are all out and now i'm working on the inquiries.

I would work on the DF (data furnisher)angle and ask that they remove the inquiry due to it being caused by identity theft and show the police report to them.

Go to the FTC. There's an Identity Theft booklet you can download. It tells the different steps you are suppose to take. If you have trouble with a bank, it tells you what government agency to contact to file a complaint. If you file a complaint with the FTC, they will send you the booklet. (At least they sent it to me.) I filed a police report. I filed a complaint with the FTC. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General. And I filed a complaint with the OCC which was the government agency that oversees banks with NA in their name.

I'm sure that the credit bureaus are required to remove the information if it is the result of ID theft. I think there was something in the booklet about that. Can't remember for sure as my problem was with a bank.

I also put a fraud alert on my credit report. The FTC said to do that. I also kept good notes. I sent all of that to the OCC when I filed my complaint.

YOU CAN FREEZE ALL 3

Works better than F/A (according to some of the people who had one)

(F/A pretty much useless)

YOU CAN FREEZE ALL 3

I done everything mention in this thread. My reports are currently frozen. I'm almost done clearing my reports exempt for some inquiries that i cant have remove yet. TU says they cant delete them that i have to contact the creditor that pull the inquiries but i dont want to send them my information since they had accounts open with my ss# in the past due to id theft.

YOU CAN FREEZE ALL 3

I done everything mention in this thread. My reports are currently frozen. I'm almost done clearing my reports exempt for some inquiries that i cant have remove yet. TU says they cant delete them that i have to contact the creditor that pull the inquiries but i dont want to send them my information since they had accounts open with my ss# in the past due to id theft.

Sending the OC your information isn't going to harm you. In fact they want to know about identity theft, otherwise how are they going to help you? They are not going to give the information out to anyone. If you want your inquires removed you need to go to the OC to get them removed otherwise they will stay on your report for two years (or however much longer they have)

YOU CAN FREEZE ALL 3

Sending the OC your information isn't going to harm you. In fact they want to know about identity theft, otherwise how are they going to help you? They are not going to give the information out to anyone. If you want your inquires removed you need to go to the OC to get them removed otherwise they will stay on your report for two years (or however much longer they have)

Ok

I will contact them.

The last post in this topic was posted 3822 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.