Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
geneva54

Citibank (ATT Universal) Hardship Program BAD Effect on Credit Report

I just wanted to find out if anyone else has had this happened and how it can be fixed if possible.

A couple months ago I called Citibank on my ATT Universal card which had a balance of around $3700.00 and interest at 29.97% to see if I could get reduced payments.

They gave me a lower interest rate of 7% for 12 months which lowered my monthly payment.

So now I pull my credit reports and find that Citibank has posted negative/adverse information that I am only making partial payments. It is worded "paying partial or modified payments"

I did the same with Chase and they did not make any negative comments on my credit report.

This is really bringing down my credit scores..

Any advice?

I find that extremely mean and very cruel. If people are going through tough times, I would reward ANYONE for at least, making an attempt to pay as opposed to not paying at all. I don't understand why some companies are like that. As for lowering your credit score, I'm not entirely sure if it does that or not -- but chances are: if it's on the report, it gets connected to the score. :mellow:

It didnt show me past due but they put a note that I was paying less than the amount due. Im under the same program with Chase and they did not do this.

I tried calling Citibank but of course trying to get a hold of the right person is impossible. The person I talked to was very arrogant and obviosuly could care less about my situation. I asked to talk to a supervisor and she puts me on hold for awhile and then comes back and tells me that she checked with a supervisor and that the only way to get this off my credit report is to get out of this program and go back to normal payments.

Anyway I was going to do a refinance which would have made it easier to pay off my credit cards. This brought my score down enought that now I cant get the loan. Really frustrating.

My husband is also on a plan with Chase and they're GREAT!!!!!!!

Why Citibank would want to be such morons is beyond me. They're getting their money! Can you try an official DMP??? See if it will make things better?