sign of things to come?

The last post in this topic was posted 4251 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

UNLESS THE LAWS WERE CHANGED...

STATES THAT PROHIBIT CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES

The following states prohibit merchants from adding surcharges to credit card transactions

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Florida

Kansas

Maine

Massachusetts

New York

Oklahoma

Texas.

Buy something there and do a chargeback for the fee.

Call 1-800-VISA-911 and file an incident report.

What state is this in?

...assuming the "FEE" is a line item...

But if the "FEE" is not very large...your credit card company may just credit the fee with-out any action

That won't help the cause

Buy something there and do a chargeback for the fee.

Call 1-800-VISA-911 and file an incident report.

What state is this in?

I did this once because a Hotel in Bangkok added 3% to the purchase. It wasn't so easy. Citibank didn't want to budge on the matter. Their stance was that "You knew what you were signing for" since the fee was told beforehand.

Eventually I escalated it to a supervisor who finally said "Were only talking about a few dollars here aren't we?" And then went ahead with the chargeback.

People actually buy stuff from the Pro-shops? :) The stuff is always so over priced. $50 for a glove, $15 for a pack of tees. The only stuff that I buy in the pro shop, is the pro's time.

Exactly. The shop caters to an Amex demographic so the price should theoretically accurately reflect that specific cost of doing business. You want certain clients and you want them to spend a certain amount? Then take the card and don't make a fuss about it. Whenever I see a sign like that I think "clueless business owner" that listens to D.R. or does not understand a good chunk of their customers.

George is completely right on this matter. CC acceptance is a cost of doing business in the modern world. If your margins are so thin that you cannot reasonably accept cards then go cash only. Advertising acceptance of cards, then putting up barriers to the use of cards, always left me a little displeased.

Needless to say, those places that take my card happily (yes that's right my primary Amex), are the places I frequent the most.

I am in Missouri, the guy behind the counter was very matter of fact..."if you don't like it, go on down the road". The charge hasn't changed the fact that you need a week advance to get a tee time at 110$ a round, well actually 113.01 a round.

I am in Missouri, the guy behind the counter was very matter of fact..."if you don't like it, go on down the road". The charge hasn't changed the fact that you need a week advance to get a tee time at 110$ a round, well actually 113.01 a round.

;) A week! Who the hell knows that in a week they may play a round of golf? My local country club charges non-members $40 for a full round, $25 for half round, and you can usually get a two party reservation in 1 day. Members usually get same day reservations, and all you have to pay for is the cart rental (if you don't like walking). It ain't Augusta, but with my swing they wouldn't let me in anyway :D

Sounds like they are a poorly managed business, and the customers are paying the price (literally).

No way. I wouldn't even shop there. Heck, I won't even pay 45 cents to use my debit card at some places, I will just go down the street. Its just wrong.

Why would you pay EXTRA to use a debit card???

I won't. I also won't pay extra to use a credit card.

What course, where in Missouri? Branson?

I'd still send a complaint to MC and Visa. This *is* a violation of their merchant agreement.

Where's whathisname (Continental something?) when you need him? :huh:

The powers that be ELIMINATED him (or scared him away)

HOMEWORK

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=379305

There you go! I wasn't feeling like searching, sorry - so thanks, George!

He was big on the not-showing-id part of the agreement, but I think the links to complaints are the same.

I'd still send a complaint to MC and Visa. This *is* a violation of their merchant agreement.

Where's whathisname (Continental something?) when you need him? :huh:

The powers that be ELIMINATED him (or scared him away)

HOMEWORK

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=379305

There you go! I wasn't feeling like searching, sorry - so thanks, George!

He was big on the not-showing-id part of the agreement, but I think the links to complaints are the same.

SOME HERE HAVE TOO MUCH OF A FEAR OF CUT AND PASTE

Funny thing I have been accused of doing cut and paste all the time and I rarely do it

But some others here do it all the time...and are basically rewarded for doing it

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW...I'M JUST AN salamander

The last post in this topic was posted 4251 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.