Sign in to follow this  
guestgulkan

Schwab Visa, no new applications after March!

I was at a Charles Schwab branch yesterday and the guy told me the Schwab Invest First Signature Visa will stop taking applications after March.

They won't be cancelling the cards, just not giving out any new ones. You have to get in the door this week.

They also told me online applications aren't being accepted. They must be by phone for the rest of the week.

hopefully they don't close this card. This is my number 1 card for shopping for everything else, automatic monthly points conversion are awesome.

Wonder if they are shutting it down to move the servicing away from FIA...

Do you know something or is this just wishful thinking?

Yes, got mine before they stopped new applications. Sad to see that they aren't accepting new applicants. This is by far the best card I have. Only two things that beats it for me right now. Penfed for gas, and Chase freedom for grocery. Still got the 3% for 3 catagories going.

i hate to be the one to ask questions here, but what are the "requirements" for this card? scores, tradelines, etc

Wonder if they are shutting it down to move the servicing away from FIA...

Do you know something or is this just wishful thinking?

Don't know nuttin'

However, it would not be the first time that apps were shut down prior to a movement of a portfolio...

I am not going to let FIA deny me for sufficient credit a third time.

Does this mean going for it again, or passing?

If you already have some sizable limits with FIA they are VERY amicable to shifting some over to this card... I mean if you want it, its an option.

If you already have some sizable limits with FIA they are VERY amicable to shifting some over to this card... I mean if you want it, its an option.

there in lies the problem. the limits are on cards that I am AU on. I guess FIA can't tell the cards are AU and not joint.

there in lies the problem. the limits are on cards that I am AU on. I guess FIA can't tell the cards are AU and not joint.

Well, be aware that if you do take a chance on this card it has a hefty price in the INQ department. I got an EX and TU hard from FIA for the card

and one from schwab on EQ for the brokerage account.

Well, be aware that if you do take a chance on this card it has a hefty price in the INQ department. I got an EX and TU hard from FIA for the card

yah I am going to pass. I think that even if FIA did not give this reason I would be told that I am blacklisted.

I am, however, rethinking how much I hate crap1. 2% cashback and zero FETF is tempting.

You didn't properly apply for Schwab card and brokerage account. :) I got an EX inq for Schwab card and brokerage account and an EQ inq for checking account. You have to apply for Schwab card from Schwab website and when you apply, you are supposed check a small checkbox with fine prints that asks if you want to open brokerage account. :blink: But it doesn't matter any more if they stopped taking online apps.

Edited by more credit less cash

I was at a Charles Schwab branch yesterday and the guy told me the Schwab Invest First Signature Visa will stop taking applications after March.

They won't be cancelling the cards, just not giving out any new ones. You have to get in the door this week.

They also told me online applications aren't being accepted. They must be by phone for the rest of the week.

The app still seems to be online: https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UAAS36

?

The app still seems to be online: https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UAAS36

?

Interesting. But since it's via FIA website, you will probably need to open brokerage account seperately and get another hard pull.

Whew!

Glad I got mine when I did! EX pull or no...

MY EXPERIAN IS FROZEN...they don't want my business anyway

I got one EX inquiry for the card. I waited a couple of months to open the brokerage account and they did not pull another hard.

I got one EX inquiry for the card. I waited a couple of months to open the brokerage account and they did not pull another hard.

Others on the FW Schwab thread ended up with FIVE inquiries. This was definitely a YMMV situation.