Sign in to follow this  
Jdotrillah

-- Bank Atlantic balance chasing..--

Bank Atlantic Biz card- I've had a balance transfer on this card since July '08 it's long over due to be paid off, but hey it doesn't report (for now) to my personal report so whats the rush.. Never actually used the card.

CL was $4k up until the statement cut this months.. Now it's at 2.5k w/ a $2,300 balance..

First time this has happened to me, but this and my Ameriprise WE cards are the only ones that have reoccurring balances on.

Not surprised at all haven't used the card and have had a balance on it for 20 months or so.. :P

Edited by Jdotrillah

Just checked mine online, and pretty much the same story! They chopped me to within $200 of the balance ($1,000 chopped off the CL) - 0% BT since July 09 - I pay about 3X the minimum every month (not in a hurry to pay it off at 0%) - has not seen daylight because of the BT...

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see if they continue to chase it down...

Bank Atlantic Biz card- I've had a balance transfer on this card since July '08 it's long over due to be paid off, but hey it doesn't report (for now) to my personal report so whats the rush.. Never actually used the card.

CL was $4k up until the statement cut this months.. Now it's at 2.5k w/ a $2,300 balance..

First time this has happened to me, but this and my Ameriprise WE cards are the only ones that have reoccurring balances on.

Not surprised at all haven't used the card and have had a balance on it for 20 months or so.. :P

The only way to prevent BALANCE CHASING is to close the account

Sounds like it was universal. Did anyone with Bank Atlantic not get balance chased?

Sounds like it was universal. Did anyone with Bank Atlantic not get balance chased?

Since it doesn't report I didn't see the point in checking but my curiosity got the best of me...... no balance chasing here.

Yep, mine was chopped, too. Has $13,880 BT balance on a $20K limit. CLD to $14K. As others have said, since it doesn't report (yet, at least), I don't really care too much.

Of course, if they decide to ratejack me from the current 5.74%, then I might get a little steamed. :angel:

Barclay's is on a tear. $25K to 1K on zero balance account. Paid off a zero interest BT in Feb. Funny thing is I stopped playing the "bank the zero BT game" about 8 months ago. I don't have any debt and anything that shows up on a report is PIF. :P

Oh well, the Bank Atlantic card served it purpose. I closed it Friday. It was Just Business for them, and it is Just Business for me. :angel:

Mine went from $15000 to $4500 (just above my balance). I actually received a letter yesterday:

As a responsible lender, we are continually reviewing the credit limits offered to our cardmembers. Our goal is to ensure our customers have the apporpriate credit limit to meet their needs as this is an important element of credit card security.

In light of the current economic conditions and your spending behavior on your BankAtlantic Rewards BusinessCard account issed by Barclays Bank Delaware, we have adjusted your credit limit to $4500. Please know that this change is not a reflection of your personal credit history or our confidence in you as a customer. This adjustment is to better align your credit limit with your account usage. If you have any questions, please contact us......

So I guess the rest of you will be receiving your letters soon.

Just checked my spouses account which has seen no usage and had a 0 balance for about 9 months. No changes for her either. I will have her move her CL to a personal Juny card before it gets chopped.

So salamanderic. My account was opened about 15 months ago just to get in on their BT offer, so they can't blame the crunch.

Typical short sighted overreaction by a bunch of salamanders worried about their jobs.

Just checked my spouses account which has seen no usage and had a 0 balance for about 9 months. No changes for her either. I will have her move her CL to a personal Juny card before it gets chopped.

I would.

I would.

+1

Logged in to find the same thing on my account. I don't really care though. It's my second BA card that I've used for the BT offer and I was planning on closing it once I paid it off.

Hmm went from 15K to 1K, just above my $800 balance.. it was a PIF card anyways... oh well... it's "just business" right???

18k limit slashed to 15k on bankatlantic card. I am carrying a 14.5k balance. Personal report is spotless and score at 780 on all three. No balance on personal report. Never been late or any issuess with barclays.

Reallocation of all but $500 of my credit limit from my BA card to one of my personal Barclays cards was a success.

Non-touched limit here, and the statement just cut.

I had a BT when the card was new, I paid that off and then used the card at least every couple of months (PIF). Just recently I put some larger purchases on there that haven't been paid in full, so it could be interesting next month...

Just checked it. Slashed from $20K to $9K. $1.00 over my BT balance. :lol:

SO NICE OF THEM

Are you going to close the account or let them do additional BALANCE CHASING as you make payments

:)

Had $10K CL, decreased down to $2,200 CL with a $2K balance. I'll pay it off, try to transfer the remaining limit to my personal, and then close it out.

Hello,

We were all cut back in March. Has the the slaughter ended?

I was thinking about asking for a CL increase. Anyone gotten an increase since the slaughter?