Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Crapital One Venture Rewards?

The last post in this topic was posted 1290 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Spouse froze two bureaus and got approved with one pull

Proves that only 3 is a MYTH as I already said

I'll never do business with Cap. 1 again. Low limits and substandard rewards, and frequent changes to rewards structure and redemptions.

Looks to me like lipstick on a pig. I wouldn't apply for it.

I have had less problems with Cap One than many others. My CL is at $22,500 and been there for some time. No AF, No CLD, No AA's, No Amex FR's. I;m with George on this one.

I do not use it for a daily spending card, but they throw some nice BT offers from time to time.

Question for ffterry -

Which two were frozen when the application was done? Which card was applied for? What were your scores/new accounts/inquiries etc?

If freezing two prevents the 3 pulls they generally do, then this is a good thing. Maybe more people would be inclined to apply if they weren't afraid of three hits on their reports.

I'll never do business with Cap. 1 again. Low limits and substandard rewards, and frequent changes to rewards structure and redemptions.

Looks to me like lipstick on a pig. I wouldn't apply for it.

I have had less problems with Cap One than many others. My CL is at $22,500 and been there for some time. No AF, No CLD, No AA's, No Amex FR's. I;m with George on this one.

I do not use it for a daily spending card, but they throw some nice BT offers from time to time.

You experience doesnt seem to be typical for Crap1, but personally, I'm

glad to hear they have treated you well over time.

Question for ffterry -

Which two were frozen when the application was done? Which card was applied for? What were your scores/new accounts/inquiries etc?

If freezing two prevents the 3 pulls they generally do, then this is a good thing. Maybe more people would be inclined to apply if they weren't afraid of three hits on their reports.

she should have frozen all four and then avoided any inquiry for the card :lol:

Edited by hegemony

Applied for the Venture card with no AF a few months back. Apparently got everyone surprised with a high limit upon approval (15K), can't say anything positive or negative about Cap1, other than I love zero international purchases rate.

Julie-

How many hard pulls did they do when you applied for Venture? What were your scores, inquiries, new accounts etc?

Julie-

How many hard pulls did they do when you applied for Venture? What were your scores, inquiries, new accounts etc?

My scores were in 750 range, but the credit history is relatively short (5 years), just 1 inquiry through all 3 CRA's prior to my application (lowes credit card). Now I have 3 inquiries from Cap1, but even if I had known it prior to applying - would have still gone for it. Inquiries do not scare me :P

Not a myth for me and everyone that I know that made the mistake of applying with them.

Roll the dice and take your chances with the myth......

Hit my husband and I each with three.

Hasn't their 0% FETF been around for like, ever? Aren't all of their cards 0% FETF? That's the primary reason I got a CapOne card, and also because I wanted a Mastercard.

Not a myth for me and everyone that I know that made the mistake of applying with them.

Roll the dice and take your chances with the myth......

Hit my husband and I each with three.

You applied?

Crap1 is the same company that "started accepting Customer Initiated CLIs on April 1st",

but also is still not accepting customer initiated CLI requests.

Do you want THESE people to have fangs into your finances?

May as well go with BOA and KNOW youre going to get the shaft...lol

Made me laugh for having BOA lol.

I'm curious if anyone else has had any luck with obtaining an approval for this card with one hard pull.

If you have, please chime in with which CRA was pulled and whether or not your others were frozen.

Also, I would be interested in the credit lines Cap One is approving with these cards.

Thanks!

Crap1 is the same company that "started accepting Customer Initiated CLIs on April 1st",

but also is still not accepting customer initiated CLI requests.

Do you want THESE people to have fangs into your finances?

May as well go with BOA and KNOW youre going to get the shaft...lol

Made me laugh for having BOA lol.

Well this might make you laugh more, but uh, I have BofA and I've never had any problems with them.

They haven't spoiled me with massive amount's of credit but they also haven't AA'd me even after I call them all the time.

So that i'm prepared, what kind of "shafting" is sonic referring to?

BOA has been good to me also. I hear such horrible things about them, but they have never (knock on wood) touched my credit lines. Granted I only have one BankAmericard with $10K, fairly avergae I guess. Some people had $50K-$75K CL's with BOA and got slashed. My Mom has had a BOA Visa forever and ever and her credit line has been stable at $40K.

Hasn't their 0% FETF been around for like, ever? Aren't all of their cards 0% FETF? That's the primary reason I got a CapOne card, and also because I wanted a Mastercard.

but it is still cap1...

penfed is a much better alternative IMHO. I am so glad penfed just approved me for its amex because my next option for a 0% FETF card was crap1.

but it's CRAP ONE!

BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT IS NOT AMEX EITHER

CAPITAL ONE has not become well known for FULL RECTAL EXAMS or CLD's or TOTAL CLOSURES

FTFY :wave:

The last post in this topic was posted 1290 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.