The last post in this topic was posted 4284 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I am having a problem with a medical debt from 9/07. Its for $89. It went to CFC within 3 months and I have never been able to get rid of it. The problem now is the Tenet hospital was sold. Every letter & payment I sent to the original Tenet hospital was returned to sender. My letters to CFC requesting an updated address have been ignored. Does anyone have any idea on how to deal with this? Did I mention it was a CFC collection?? :huh::lol:

An update on this is I contacted my insurance company and they tried every number listed for this hospital they had and could not get new information on them. They also called their "sister" hospital and could not get current information on them. There is no current information available to contact the actual hospital or whoever is handling their billing. The hospital was taken over by another chain and is not handling their past billing. It was interesting to hear the frustration from my insurance company.. :dntknw: but the problem is still the same. No way of getting a current address/phone number for the original hospital.

Anyone with ideas on how to resolve this?

Are they that much of an evil empire?

Yes they are. CFC is owned by Tenet health care, who also owns the hosptals it collects for. I'm not the expert but I would DV CFC, they will respond with validation.....they have their ducks in a row there.

Im sure Bonbon or Why Chat will chime in.....

I am having a problem with a medical debt from 9/07. Its for $89. It went to CFC within 3 months and I have never been able to get rid of it. The problem now is the Tenet hospital was sold. Every letter & payment I sent to the original Tenet hospital was returned to sender. My letters to CFC requesting an updated address have been ignored. Does anyone have any idea on how to deal with this? Did I mention it was a CFC collection?? :(:)

You need to start the HIPAA letter program.

Opt out

Delete old addresses

Send the initial dispute letter to each CRA

Post back on this thread with further questions.

DO NOT send anything to the CA unless and until you have done the above initial steps.

The last post in this topic was posted 4284 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.