two homes, job issues, short sale, foreclosure, 1099c, aaahhh

2nzigo

The last post in this topic was posted 4358 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

We own a home in Florida that is worth about 50k less than what we owe. Due to a job transfer, we moved out in 2007 and have had the house listed off and on without any success. At the current time, the home is almost 2 months behind. Just this week, we experienced a financial hardship that will mean another move for another job. Therefore, we have a second home (KY) we need to sell or do whatever. We plan to rent for a number of years until we can buy again but I'm not sure the best way to manage this situation. The home in Florida is definitely going to either short sale or foreclose (BOA). The home in KY hasn't been appraised yet so I don't know what's going to happen. There is a good possibility it will have to be a short sale or foreclosure too due to the market. I know the ramifications on credit but given deficiency judgements, 1099c, and whatever else, what is our best option? I am afraid that if we either short sale or foreclose on the homes, we will have a ton of taxes to pay due to the 1099C. Then the only option is bankruptcy? Any suggestions of our next step in this difficult situation are welcomed. What would you do?

The last post in this topic was posted 4358 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.