Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The Master Equifax & TransUnion B* Bumpage Thread

The last post in this topic was posted 1915 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Shouldn't I be seeing some B* love by now? According to the EQ counter I have 81 good softs. Add my 7 hards and that is 88, yet my three oldest inquiries (softs from CREDITEXPERT and TRUECREDIT/VERTRUE) are still showing?

From what I can tell, hard inquiries with two colons and a number (i.e. ::2729881014) are mortgage inquiries or other misc. STICKY inquiries. The only hard from your list that could be removed is ALLIANT CREDIT UNION 09/22/11. This won't be removed until the CREDITEXPERT softs for dates 08/25/11 & 07/29/11 are B*.

Three more pulls for you and your only removable hard will be B*'d.

Shouldn't I be seeing some B* love by now? According to the EQ counter I have 81 good softs. Add my 7 hards and that is 88, yet my three oldest inquiries (softs from CREDITEXPERT and TRUECREDIT/VERTRUE) are still showing?

From what I can tell, hard inquiries with two colons and a number (i.e. ::2729881014) are mortgage inquiries or other misc. STICKY inquiries. The only hard from your list that could be removed is ALLIANT CREDIT UNION 09/22/11. This won't be removed until the CREDITEXPERT softs for dates 08/25/11 & 07/29/11 are B*.

Thanks for your response. These same mortgage hard inqs were all B*d from TU last month; can one inq be sticky on one CRA and not another?

Thanks for your response. These same mortgage hard inqs were all B*d from TU last month; can one inq be sticky on one CRA and not another?

Yes, unfortunately you are stuck with those. :( Nothing is sticky on TU... and of course everything is on EX.

Bleh.. I can't stand dealing with EQ complete CSRs. They are so darn persistent!

However, just a quick reminder for anyone new to the game or needing to go beyond 1 month, if you call them and are super persistent yourself about cancelling, you can end up with a month free and then $8.42/month afterwards.

DAMN - I wasted my time for 1 inq and now have to deal with cancelling both MPM and EQ Complete :(

Not wasted, you don't know until you try. :D

True, but since I am not already seeing those softs B*'d then I have a feeling all those mortgage inquiries are gonna stick - BUT, I will keep on pulling my little heart out and see what happens before the big C*! If nothing else, then maybe my efforts can be used guinea-pig style if I can get some of those mortgage inqs to B*.

Edited by shandrewsca

I have been using USAA and Credit Karma daily for some time now and would like to know if it is possible to acheive" bumpage" by using these two services only? If not who what service should I add to my daily pulls?

See my post just above this one...I have several sticky hard inqs that do not have any numbers... <sigh>

• CREDSTAR ::02/23/12
  • CREDCO AUTOMOTIVE ::01/08/11
  • FUNDING SUITE ::03/30/12, 02/27/12
  • SETTLEMENTONE ::03/14/12

Edited by CoderBlix

Based off of dates alone (and possibly the ::'s), they're stickies. You should have enough pulls for B*.

It must be lender dependent on auto loan hards.Just a day ago I had a USAA auto hard removed. ::confusedface::

I am very happy, started pulling the good three about 30 days ago. So far in the last few days I have gone from 20 inquiries to 6, I am hoping two more days to go to 0...

thanks for the great thread and tips...

Been having a serious B* party the past few days. Love seeing the few INQ's drop off that I have on TU and EQ. Should be done by Monday..Yay! Thanks all for the great info so I could figure out how to do this!

Two questions:

1) Once you are at zero, do most people keep pulling everyday or do they start up again as needed once you have new INQ's to bump? I don't plan to do any apps for awhile, but just it case something great comes up, is it better to have the queue filled up so to speak so they fall off faster?

2) Has anyone had a creditor question why you have 0 INQ's when you have recently added new TL's? Just wondering about this...

I stop pulling once I'm done. Remember if you keep pulling then app you'll have to B* all those softs before the hard. I've never been questioned on why I have 0 inquiries with so many new accounts

Since most creditors only look at one bureau, seeing new accounts without INQs isn't abnormal either.

I stop pulling once I'm done. Remember if you keep pulling then app you'll have to B* all those softs before the hard. I've never been questioned on why I have 0 inquiries with so many new accounts

Since most creditors only look at one bureau, seeing new accounts without INQs isn't abnormal either.

Thank you both. Makes sense to me!

Bleh.. I can't stand dealing with EQ complete CSRs. They are so darn persistent!

However, just a quick reminder for anyone new to the game or needing to go beyond 1 month, if you call them and are super persistent yourself about cancelling, you can end up with a month free and then $8.42/month afterwards.

You mean the robots there? Certified 100% salamanders. Nothing between the ears. Nothing! They just read from a canned script one solution (password reset) solves all problems.

Contact EQ headquarters or send a letter to their legal department threatening FCRA

You mean the robots there? Certified 100% salamanders. Nothing between the ears. Nothing! They just read from a canned script one solution (password reset) solves all problems.

Contact EQ headquarters or send a letter to their legal department threatening FCRA

LOL

Here's how to get 50% off on Credit Check Total for 2 yrs AND get your technical issue @ EQ resolved.

Call and Cancel

That gets escalation and their technical team will work with the technical team at Equifax to get the problem solved ASAP

Money talks BS walks!

So always press "3 - Cancel Subscription"

Edited by junkyour925

See my post just above this one...I have several sticky hard inqs that do not have any numbers... <sigh>

• CREDSTAR ::02/23/12
  • CREDCO AUTOMOTIVE ::01/08/11
  • FUNDING SUITE ::03/30/12, 02/27/12
  • SETTLEMENTONE ::03/14/12

Wondering if there is more to these "hard stickies" than meets the eye. I have continued to pull daily and noticed today that AMEX and USAA both reported that I now have 1 hard on EQ (a Citi one which is the only hard other than those listed above). When I checked the INQ section of their websites they show the hards above. Wonder why they are not counting them? The EQ site says I have 6 hards...I wonder what a vendor pull (real FICO) would look like now? Possible that the colons are causing an issue with processing and they are not being counted?

I finally bumped off that Alliant CU hard today, although by my calculations I should have bumped it sooner than that. Oh well. I will keep pulling until C* to see if I can get any of those mortgage inquiries off but I am not holding my breath. Thanks for the help :)

Hello CB family. I'm experiencing some great B* now. Got 111111111111111111111 more! lol I think I may make it just by the hair of my chiny chin chin. By 1 from my calculations. However, I have a quetion for those in the know. My last hard was on 7/23, almost a month ago. Now from my calculations I will have 85 including that 1 hard inquiry if I count exactly the softs from that 7/23 including the hard inquiry excluding the one 'stinking' day I missed by accident. I pull EC, MPM, and USAA. I hope I'm right in saying that I'll make it but barely but I've noticed some softs from previous days: I see like 6 softs in front of that last hard. From 7/17-7/23. Like I said when I count those exact pulls from 7/23 til now excluding that 1 day that I missed(which I can't say enough how sick I am for missing that 1 day) do I have to worry about FIRST bumping off the few softs BEFORE 7/23 or am I in the clear seeing I will have exactly 85 before my C* which is scheduled for wednesday( I'm from Illinois)? Thank u all for your help and take care...

Hello CB family. I'm experiencing some great B* now. Got 111111111111111111111 more! lol I think I may make it just by the hair of my chiny chin chin. By 1 from my calculations. However, I have a quetion for those in the know. My last hard was on 7/23, almost a month ago. Now from my calculations I will have 85 including that 1 hard inquiry if I count exactly the softs from that 7/23 including the hard inquiry excluding the one 'stinking' day I missed by accident. I pull EC, MPM, and USAA. I hope I'm right in saying that I'll make it but barely but I've noticed some softs from previous days: I see like 6 softs in front of that last hard. From 7/17-7/23. Like I said when I count those exact pulls from 7/23 til now excluding that 1 day that I missed(which I can't say enough how sick I am for missing that 1 day) do I have to worry about FIRST bumping off the few softs BEFORE 7/23 or am I in the clear seeing I will have exactly 85 before my C* which is scheduled for wednesday( I'm from Illinois)? Thank u all for your help and take care...

The softs from before your hard don't count but the softs from the same day do, if you pulled them before the hard.

Here is a list of one-time pullers. I'm not sure how many of them still work, but if you are close a few of these free trials should put you over the top. :D

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=430669&st=275

Don't forget to cancel them! And remember, most of these are one time only, so don't waste them if you don't need them.

Just wanted to say that my transunion and equifax are clean of inquires and I want to thank every single person who helped me with all the wealth of info regarding this subject on this thread. Thank u all so much. It was a hard and long and intense journey, sometimes thinking it will not be. To all on the B* journey just stick with it EVERY SINGLE DAY, keep at it, and follow the likes of peeps like ctb, Bob Wang, junk, and others. Thank u all again. Though we do not have a trick for Experian maybe someday we can crack that place. Let's all hope the evils of transunion hold off on the reinsertion trick huh. lol If anyone needs me just drop me a line. Thanx again CB family... :yahoo:

The last post in this topic was posted 1915 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.