Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

The Master Equifax & TransUnion B* Bumpage Thread

The last post in this topic was posted 1915 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Is TU B* worth working on? What if I'm really committed....say I want to be inquiry free within 5 months. How many times can I expect the same inquiries to be reinserted?

Yes it is. And don't worry about reinsertion unless it happens to you.

??? I thought reinsertion was just a fact of life...that it will happen to everyone who bumps TU within a year of the bumps? Not so???

??? I thought reinsertion was just a fact of life...that it will happen to everyone who bumps TU within a year of the bumps? Not so???

It happened to everyone at the same time in 2008-2010. But for the last 2 years it's been random and not very common. If you want to save time and $, it's probably best to finish TU B* just before you plan to app. But if you go on a spree it's a good idea to clean up the inqs immediately to reduce the risk of AA. If they get reinserted a few months later they will be much less dangerous by then anyway.

Great thread thank you! I been reading and reading and reading. Even from page one I have seen an answer to these. I seen them talked about often but no details.

#1 What website is everyone using to pull credit reports? I'm a member of Equifax, but I see people talking about myfico.

#2 I see these all the time, what are they and how do I use them: CCT, CS, or USAA-CCMP

#3 Below here's a pic from my Equifax inquires. The hard and soft and separate, so how could a soft inquiry bump my hards?

credit1.png

Bobwang

Thank you for the reply..could you tell me how I use those? Sorry I'm new, but I've read several several pages and just need a little help :)

bump :)

Great thread thank you! I been reading and reading and reading. Even from page one I have seen an answer to these. I seen them talked about often but no details.

#1 What website is everyone using to pull credit reports? I'm a member of Equifax, but I see people talking about myfico.

#2 I see these all the time, what are they and how do I use them: CCT, CS, or USAA-CCMP

#3 Below here's a pic from my Equifax inquires. The hard and soft and separate, so how could a soft inquiry bump my hards?

credit1.png

credit1.png

Think of it in terms of a table in a database. The softs are coded as 'softs' and hards as 'hards' but they all reside in the same table. That table cannot hold more than 85 entries without flooding the table, causing the oldest inquiries to drop off.

These will get you started:

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main?wa_ref=pub_global_products_bank_creditmonitor

http://www.eliminateidtheft.com/mall/signup.aspx

C$ is amex. You need to be an amex member to get C$. Cards in the amex network don't count, it has to be issued directly from Amex. Good luck :wave:

DailyPullers.jpg

Is smartcredit premium any good for daily pulls? Am I reading the chart correctly....CreditCheck Total is 3 pulls every 30days?

I have Equifax Complete Advantage Plan, MyPrivacyMatters, and USAA. I want to add one more for better bumpage results.

Think of it in terms of a table in a database. The softs are coded as 'softs' and hards as 'hards' but they all reside in the same table. That table cannot hold more than 85 entries without flooding the table, causing the oldest inquiries to drop off.

https://www.usaa.com...k_creditmonitor

http://www.eliminate...all/signup.aspx

C$ is amex. You need to be an amex member to get C$. Cards in the amex network don't count, it has to be issued directly from Amex. Good luck :wave:

Thank you!

#1 So If I don't have an amex I could do daily pulls for a max of 85 days and the hards WILL drop off?

#2 I've also seen where people say they been choppage? I've read the definition in the abbreviation thread, so how does C* occur..and if it happens to me

will I not lose my hards if do I I said in question #1?

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main?wa_ref=pub_global_products_bank_creditmonitor

http://www.eliminateidtheft.com/mall/signup.aspx

I am a database developer and I DISapprove of this message. :) But it got your point across, so I'll let it stand. ;)

I am a database developer and I DISapprove of this message. :) But it got your point across, so I'll let it stand. ;)

Please don't go to work for EQ. We like things as they are :ph34r:

#1 So If I don't have an amex I could do daily pulls for a max of 85 days and the hards WILL drop off? Amex isn't necessary, B* just happens faster with 4 pullers. You will start seeing hards drop off after you get rid of all of your old soft pulls (older than your hard pulls). This will happen at total_new_soft_inquiries - hard_pulls = B*

#2 I've also seen where people say they been choppage? I've read the definition in the abbreviation thread, so how does C* occur..and if it happens to me Say you pull every day. WHen you get chopped the dates will only show 1 soft inquiry for a pull service for each month on whatever gets chopped. Try using this to count your softs: http://eq.countmysofts.tk/ copy and paste your soft pulls from the EQ complete care

will I not lose my hards if do I I said in question #1? Keep pulling your report faithfully with 3 of the 4 pullers named in this thread and you will see B*. Now is a good time to start because EQ is chopping this week. We can start fresh :D

Please don't go to work for EQ. We like things as they are :ph34r:

LOL! You're in luck because I work for the Army and don't plan on changing jobs any time soon. ;) But, I do admit that my mind wanders often thinking of how they must have their DB configured. I'm just a big geek girl. :)

I got 2 hards off today, so I'm happy... but I had to sign up for CS again and pay another 20 bucks to myfico.com to get them! Hehe...

Edited by cputrwz

I'm an IT geek too and wonder that too...I just started this B* stuff last month and I am crushing it...both my wife and I have 4 pullers going on 100% AUTOPILOT using Firefox iMacros

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=463589&view=findpost&p=4715351

I track all my work with this

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=496165

which I will be uploading a newer killer version later this week.

Ok signing up for USAA credit check monitoring premium today.

#1 Is it on the list the bobwang posted above? It looks like it may be and shows 3 pulls/day?

#2 So do I just pull 3 times from that service in a day? Does it need to be a specific time or I can pull at 10:00am / 10:02 am & 10:04 am etc?

So excited & thanks you very much for the help!

creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=456658

BW,

Thank you for your reply. I did lol at the link ;)

Here's a screen shot of the service from USAA site:

credit22.png

From your list of daily pullers above, would this be line #8?

Original post with a couple questions:

#1 Is it on the list the bobwang posted above? It looks like it may be and shows 3 pulls/day?

#2 So do I just pull 3 times from that service in a day? Does it need to be a specific time or I can pull at 10:00am / 10:02 am & 10:04 am etc?

So excited & thanks you very much for the help!

People should start with Row 25 ONLY, pull once daily for 85 days.

Use junk's spreadsheet to keep score.

you can only pull ONCE daily from each service. Thus 1 service gives you one pull a day, 2 services gets you 2 pulls a day etc.

With MPM/EIDT be careful to wait at least 24hrs plus a few minute between pulls (report refreshes) or else you will only get a Transunion pull, not pulls from all three bureaus.

Edited by junkyour925

Help!! Ok, I've been reading for what seems like hours after an entire day of obsessing over my credit and how to get my scores up. Low and behold came across B* and have been trying to educate myself in order to start ASAP. I'm not entirely sure how many hard inquiries are on my report as they show as 12/7/4 (can't rem off top which # of inquiries are at which CRA). I am on Credit Karma and signed up for the free trials at myfico.com, transunion and equifax yesterday and today...which may have done more harm than good...I tried to use a bumpage tracker I found but it didn't work for me and need help figuring out exactly how many I need to bump off and which 3 or 4 (if better?) credit monitoring sites I should join that work together best? Read somewhere on here that some of them counteract each other so I'd like 3-4 that compliment each other (don't we all?!).

Also, I'm happy to cancel myfico, transunion, credit karma or equifax as they are each just free trials anyway so I'd rather cancel what I don't need and sign up where I do need to be in order to be getting the right number of soft pulls to create the bumpage...

Also, read somewhere in one of the CB forums that choo page had just occurred on July 18th (not sure if for everyone or just for the person who posted not sure how it works yet- I get what choppage is I just don't know when/who it strikes if there's any rhyme or reason or at random?)

1) need names/sites for 3-4 soft pull sites 2) need someone to look at my list of inquiries and help me decipher it3) where can I find an easy bumpage counter that is basic enough to not confuse me?

THANK YOU ALL in advance for the help! So glad to have found this forum/threads...such great information, albeit a bit overwhelming on day 1.

Drumroll..... Here are my inquiries as of today on Equifax:

Equifax

Name of CompanyDate of InquiryType of BusinessCOMCAST

Show Details05/05/12Utilities And FuelCAP ONE

Show Details12/10/11BankingCAP1/HSBC

Show Details11/02/11BankingWFDS

Show Details02/24/11FinanceCAP ONE AF

Show Details01/31/11FinanceCHASE

Show Details01/31/11BankingWFDS

Show Details01/31/11FinanceCREDCO

Show Details01/29/11Miscellaneous And Public RecordCAP ONE AF

Show Details01/12/11FinanceCREDCO

Show Details01/12/11Miscellaneous And Public RecordWFDS

Show Details01/12/11FinanceAK USA FCU

Show Details01/10/11Finance

TransUnion

Name of CompanyDate of InquiryType of BusinessBOEING EMP C

Show Details07/19/12FinanceCAP ONE

Show Details12/10/11BankingCOAF

Show Details01/31/11FinanceCOAF

Show Details01/12/11FinanceCREDCO IMS

Show Details01/12/11Miscellaneous And Public RecordCREDCO IMS

Show Details10/31/10Miscellaneous And Public RecordFAIRWAY CAPI

Show Details07/22/10Collection Services

Experian

Name of CompanyDate of InquiryType of BusinessBANK OF AMERICA

Show Details07/19/12Oil And National Credit CardsCAP ONE

Show Details12/10/11Oil And National Credit CardsBANK OF AMERICA

Show Details10/26/11Oil And National Credit CardsCAPITAL ONE AUTO FIN

Show Details01/31/11Oil And National Credit CardsCAPITAL ONE AUTO FIN

<a title="Show Details" href="https://www.econsumer.equifax.com/otc/productView.ehtml?prod_cd=BPLAN&sub_cd=TRI_SCORE&oi_num=1-17813347297&coi_num=1-17813347405&page=inquiries&action=E5&total_account=24&expand_type=EX#EX|5|" style="color: rgb(0, 33, 87); text-decoration: underline; ">Show Details01/12/11Oil And National Credit Cards

Another thing, I disputed a few negative items on my report today through TU and EQ. About how many points does each each hard inquiry that gets removed worth?

Last thing, not sure if I Gould be asking this here or elsewhere since I'm new but Nordstrom is removing a "90 day late" that shows on my CR from 2008 and 2 30/60 day lates I'm the two months leading upto the 90 day late. Will the removal of a 90 late 4-5 years ago affect my score positively at all? If so. About how many points can I expect might come off?

Thank you!!

in a nutshell

you basically have to get 84 softs created AFTER your last hard you are trying to get rid of. This is for Equifax. For Transunion the magic # is 56.

For EQ you must get to this # in 28-35 days immediately following the last monthly chop which just happened (July 15-20) before all your softs get wiped again.

TU has no chop so no rush.

Some hards are "stickie" and will never drop off with this method. This method does not work on Experian

The CMS's are:

AMEX CS EC MPM/EIDT SC USAA

Get busy pulling! From today you only have until Aug19-24 to get your 84 in or else you're wasting your time. Do the math. Download my spreadsheet.

Edited by junkyour925

I have a question on my hard inq count for EQ. According to Equifax Complete, I have 7 inquiries. However, check out my hard inquiry list:

ALLIANT CREDIT UNION 09/22/11

EQUIFAX MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS- ::2703876734 03/14/12

FACUTAL DATA ::2703876734 11/11/11, 09/12/11

ND MR-FACUTAL DATA ::2703876734 11/11/11

SETTLEMENTONE::2703876734 12/01/11, 11/21/11

Why is that one inquiry coded as ND counting as a hard inquiry? And the bigger question, does it count towards B*?

Edited by shandrewsca

I have a question on my hard inq count for EQ. According to Equifax Complete, I have 7 inquiries. However, check out my hard inquiry list:

ALLIANT CREDIT UNION 09/22/11

EQUIFAX MORTGAGE SOLUTIONS- ::2703876734 03/14/12

FACUTAL DATA ::2703876734 11/11/11, 09/12/11

ND MR-FACUTAL DATA ::2703876734 11/11/11

SETTLEMENTONE::2703876734 12/01/11, 11/21/11

Why is that one inquiry coded as ND counting as a hard inquiry? And the bigger question, does it count towards B*?

That's a hard question! IDK. :unsure: It looks like it is a duplicate, though. :dntknw:

Edited by Bad Debt King

in a nutshell

you basically have to get 84 softs created AFTER your last hard you are trying to get rid of. This is for Equifax. For Transunion the magic # is 56.

For EQ you must get to this # in 28-35 days immediately following the last monthly chop which just happened (July 15-20) before all your softs get wiped again.

TU has no chop so no rush.

Some hards are "stickie" and will never drop off with this method. This method does not work on Experian

The CMS's are:

AMEX CS EC MPM/EIDT SC USAA

Get busy pulling! From today you only have until Aug19-24 to get your 84 in or else you're wasting your time. Do the math. Download my spreadsheet.

So if i pull from

Usaa+amex CS+experian+eq complete+transunion+smart credit+=it will count as 6 soft for the EB counter or will it only count as 1 soft

I back tract yesterday the eb counter had me at (81) on July 16 then on July 17 the eb counter had me (65) Is that what you call C" choppage

JULY 19 counter had me at (65) July 20 counter had me at (66) i pulled last night USAA+AMEX CS+EXPERIAN+AND EQ THIS MORNING July 21 the counter has me at (67) so all im saying is that all the pulls im doing only count as ONE soft or should it count more?

what order should i do my pulls? what time should i do my pulls to get the maximize number of soft?

I am just curious My last HARD was done JULY 11 and july 16 i had (81) July 17 I had (65) C? i thought it will wipe out all the soft? but the counter still had me at 65 today 21july counter has me at (67):aggressive: confuse

thank you

The last post in this topic was posted 1915 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.