Discouraged..Verizon Wireless

ste541

The last post in this topic was posted 4787 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

So I had an account with verizon. They charged me over $400.00 I feel was illegitamate. So I never paid but continued to call to work the bill out. In may of 09 they started reporting to the beaurus. I have continued to call and have logged over 40 hours with them.

I want this removed from my credit! I have talked to numerous people from the executive branch down in all different divisions. They will not budge. The bill is around $695 and has since been sold to first alliance CA. I am willing to pay any amount to get this removed from my credit! Help

What do I do???

So I had an account with verizon. They charged me over $400.00 I feel was illegitamate. So I never paid but continued to call to work the bill out. In may of 09 they started reporting to the beaurus. I have continued to call and have logged over 40 hours with them.

I want this removed from my credit! I have talked to numerous people from the executive branch down in all different divisions. They will not budge. The bill is around $695 and has since been sold to first alliance CA. I am willing to pay any amount to get this removed from my credit! Help

What do I do???

PFD

NO "D"

NO "P"

If you pay it, and Verizon is reporting, you'll likely NEVER get it off. They're awful to deal with.

I'm almost tempted to tell you to wait it out, and see if the debt gets sold to a JDB, who WILL take a PFD... but make sure Verizon is gone first...

I'd need more people to chime in though, to tell you that's the way to go... when, if ever, does Verizon need to stop reporting (if the debt is sold)... I'm also not sure Verizon will sell a debt... they held on to mine for two years, and I wound up paying (big mistake, IMO)...

I'd give PFD another shot, if you're willing to pay... try this...

1) DV the CA with CMRRR.

2a) If the CA can't validate, demand they cease collection activities, again CMRRR... start building a case.

2b) If the CA can validate, proceed to step 3...

3) Offer a PFD, CMRRR... be firm with your wording... deny ownership of the debt, but offer payment for deletion of the debt... make it clear this is your ONLY offer. If they accept, great! If not... proceed to step 4...

4) Jerk them around until you get what you want.

Disclaimer: This is not necessarily the BEST thing to do, or even a remotely smart thing to do. It's just my heavily biased opinion after making the mistake of blindly paying a Verizon collection account.

Guest rlee1918

What do you mean by you don't feel it was right, what was wrong exactly? Did you sign up for a different plan than you got? Did you get massive overage charges? Verizon is the snake of all companies for overages and the highest phone provider in the US, with PER minute rates AT .45 CENTS PER MINUTE!! not even a prepaid company charges more than .20 cents a minute.. They need to get sued, shutdown, or all there customers to just leave them, I can't believe anyone still is with this company.. I got screwed by them for $2500 in fraud charges, I went BK7.. I wouldn't pay them in full if the only thing you want is to get the report deleted because it won't happen, they never budge, try writing a letter demanding it removed if you pay it in full, if they say no, tell them you will never pay.. I'm just curious how they screwed you over..

on a side note, you can get boost mobile unlimited everything for $50 a month.. no overcharges, or hidden fees, metro pcs is $40 unlimited with everything includes taxes, and fees.. contracts are going to be a thing of the past over the next few years.. the only reason I have a contact is I have nextel, been with them for 3 years now..

I pay $63 a month for two lines, unlimited everything including, taxes, surcharges, I have the Sero plan, it is no longer offered though.. It's called a grand farther account.

Some people are with verizon because they don't live in a metro area where all phone companies provide equal service.

Here, for example, you can't make a call with a sprint phone unless you're standing in the middle of the sprint store. T mobile is marginally better, at&t blows as well. But verizon gets service even in the middle of nowhere so...they win.

Good for you that you can choose, though.

This has worked on numerous occassions:

Write a strongly worded though polite letter through Planet Feedback to VZW explaining what they did wrong. If it is their fault or you can spin it to be their fault they will work with you.

You can also google "Verizon Wireless Executive Customer Relations (or service, I can't remember now) and the first post should be from the consumerist showing the name and phone number of a woman in that department who will help you provided you are not completely in the wrong. If you can't reach her, the main number is below hers. These employees can help you much more than any front line CSR, don't bother with them anymore.

Executive customer relations can and will recall the debt from the CA if they were in error or, like I said before, you can make it seem like they were in error. Let them recall the debt. If they were not completely in the wrong they may require you pay something, this is completely worth it IMO. I met her about half way and feel as though I made out like a bandit. Some of the best money I ever paid.

Good luck!

Edited by crazymonkeycat

I changed my plan before the end of the billing cycle due to text overages. The lady never changed my plan and I inquired over $400 extra dollars. I paid the $2hundred and some change I thought they fairly earned. I reviewed the file a few months later and discovered I owed them $100 plus change more dollars! I will not pay the rest until this is deleted!

I have talked to Verizon Executive Relations for nearly 5 hours. They will NOT budge and they send my file over to the same guy EVERY time. I have sent pfd letters, written numerous emails and even contacted executives who all refer me to the Executive Relations Department and then I get thrown to the SAME guy!

Will their be a gap between Verizon reporting and the CA they just sold to(where verizon will remove the entries completely)? This has happened on some other debts.

The cell service sucks, the phones are ok, the customer service is HORRIBLE, I get dropped everytime I used to call....

T mobile is by far the best Cellular company I have used!

Well, you're in a little bit of a gray area. Typically, contract changes do not take effect until the next billing cycle-- precisely to prevent what you tried to do, avoid overages. It is in fact in your contract that changes can take 2 billing cycles to complete. They might compromise with you but I don't think you'll get off without paying anything in this instance. You will probably have to meet them halfway.

Here, Verizon has by far the best service. Customer service bites everywhere but for a lot of people out in the sticks, verizon and sprint are the only companies who bother to cover them.

I changed my plan before the end of the billing cycle due to text overages. The lady never changed my plan and I inquired over $400 extra dollars. I paid the $2hundred and some change I thought they fairly earned. I reviewed the file a few months later and discovered I owed them $100 plus change more dollars! I will not pay the rest until this is deleted!

I have talked to Verizon Executive Relations for nearly 5 hours. They will NOT budge and they send my file over to the same guy EVERY time. I have sent pfd letters, written numerous emails and even contacted executives who all refer me to the Executive Relations Department and then I get thrown to the SAME guy!

Will their be a gap between Verizon reporting and the CA they just sold to(where verizon will remove the entries completely)? This has happened on some other debts.

The cell service sucks, the phones are ok, the customer service is HORRIBLE, I get dropped everytime I used to call....

T mobile is by far the best Cellular company I have used!

If ONLY the world worked this way, it doesnt.

You used their services, the fees are clear, they want to get paid, its on their terms not yours. I doubt you will get anywhere with the defense you shared here as I could see holes as big as buses thru your argument for withholding a legit payment.

Holding out this long has served to only shoot you further in the foot, stop being stubborn and cutting your nose off despite your face. Attempt the PFD once more if you will, if you continue to be unsuccessful IMO you are just S.O.L and it is no skin off their back BUT it will continue to be a thorn on your reports.

Was it worth it?

Ok guys. Yes I went over. however, their rep. said they would do something and did not deliver. Therefore, I do not owe them what they are claiming. I owe them what they promised!

I am not on here to argue whether my case is right or wrong. That would be a waste of everyones time and a matter of OPINION.

The bill is on my credit, which in MY opinion based on the knowledge I have, was not right of Verizon.

So now, I would like to be fiscally responsible and would like Verizon to be responsible as well.

Please keep they critisism to youself!

I am on here to gain insight

Ok guys. Yes I went over. however, their rep. said they would do something and did not deliver. Therefore, I do not owe them what they are claiming. I owe them what they promised!

I am not on here to argue whether my case is right or wrong. That would be a waste of everyones time and a matter of OPINION.

The bill is on my credit, which in MY opinion based on the knowledge I have, was not right of Verizon.

So now, I would like to be fiscally responsible and would like Verizon to be responsible as well.

Please keep they critisism to youself!

I am on here to gain insight

Ok, so lets go with that...Where is your proof of Verizon's "promise to excuse chrgs" to bring to the Ivory Towers?

All I see from your story is overage of legit charges [on the record], you are shocked called and asked for leniency [no record], then its not granted/credited [on the record], then you dont pay your bill months pass [on the record], now you want to pay waaaaay after the fact BUT only what you think you owe AND pull off a PFD before doing so, how can we help besides advising how to deal with a charge off once seasoned? You have been unwavering in your emotional plight...now this leaves you with lack of papertrail in which to achieve your goal.

You are not denying the minutes/data overages, as you did use their services, just that you were not expecting the high cost and needed courtesy changes made, so the best I can see if you have not done this already is write a letter stating specific dates, times, names of CSRs that spoke with you, convo specifics which led you to believe you would be extended a courtesy credit of the overages AND update as of X date of new service plan to avoid issue in the future billing, but Verizon seems unimpressed with this rebuttal thus far as they are not required to do so, only change your plan for future usage and collect on what you owe prior to that cut off date.

Did they atleast update your service plan as of X date? This could atleast show a convo could have been held between urself & a CSR surrounding the matter and you can build a case for the rest, but good luck on that as emotions rarely win out.

Edited by Operation_Home_Ownership

Verizon constantly makes billing errors that they never correct. I'm going through a similiar issue, but land-line service not wireless.

Long story short - I called them and had my landline disconnected and paid the balance in full. The problem is that Verizon didn't stop billing me for MONTHS - even though the phone line was disconnected.

I'm now showing $215 of 'bad debt write off' and CA reporting on all three CRAs.

Like the OP, I've logged hours upon hours of time speaking to one jackass after another at Verizon who either promises to fix their error and never does or tells me I owe the money and won't listen or review any of the prior notes.

I do not know what else to do to get this removed either. My advice is do not pay these bastards a dime of money that you do not actiually owe.

Good luck OP....go get 'em.

Verizon constantly makes billing errors that they never correct. I'm going through a similiar issue, but land-line service not wireless.

Long story short - I called them and had my landline disconnected and paid the balance in full. The problem is that Verizon didn't stop billing me for MONTHS - even though the phone line was disconnected.

I'm now showing $215 of 'bad debt write off' and CA reporting on all three CRAs.

Like the OP, I've logged hours upon hours of time speaking to one jackass after another at Verizon who either promises to fix their error and never does or tells me I owe the money and won't listen or review any of the prior notes.

I do not know what else to do to get this removed either. My advice is do not pay these bastards a dime of money that you do not actiually owe.

Good luck OP....go get 'em.

STOP calling and get names of people and times down on paper from the time WASTED on the phone, perhaps then you can get somewhere BEFORE it spirals to a CA/Chargeoff situation. Where are your records of bills and disconnection notice?

WITHOUT a papertrail you are at Verizon's mercy to now prove their errors [if any] and not just your shock at legit charges to move to a solution in your favor...emotion gets you no where.

Members here are GLAD TO HELP but you have to help us help you, right now a seasoned charge off is all I can see being advised on for OP.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for me from the Verizon Wireless front. I currently have a Charge-Off with Verizon Wireless from a joint account with an Ex-GF. Through searches I found the only way to deal with Verizon Wireless but to jump to the executive level with my requests. On Friday night I decided to use VZW's online email forms on their Executive Leadership page to email certain executives. I sent a seperate email to each and every Top Level Executive that was in charge of my area. I also sent the email to all presidents and CEO's. Well low and behold, I received a phone call today from a guy at one of the executive offices offering to delete this for payment (I requested that in my email). I got him to send me an agreement and I paid the ~$150 that I owed. I know people have had trouble getting things removed with VZW and if anyone wants to know exactly who I emailed and who I talked to I would be more then happy to share the information in a private message. Thanks CB!

The last post in this topic was posted 4787 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.