Sign in to follow this  
GonnaGetEm

"Date Open: 1/1/0001"

:D

And there's a long string of green "ok"s across the screen...

Now the question is whether to dispute it... it's a LONG account age, but the status says "more than 120 days past due - paid collection"... I have no idea if it's helping, hurting, or just confusing!

It simply means the account issuer didn't enter in the account opening date. On an actual FICO, it won't show the opening date at all, thus it won't affect AAOA, sadly. They'll most likely update on the next swing around.

It simply means the account issuer didn't enter in the account opening date. On an actual FICO, it won't show the opening date at all, thus it won't affect AAOA, sadly. They'll most likely update on the next swing around.

Darn, it was one of the only things going for me right now! :D

accountage.jpg

as requested

Yeah, CCT/USAA-CCM/AmEx CS, etc, type services insert 01/0001 as the opening date, but the real FICO doesn't record it as that long.

I will note, however, that USAA-CCM thinks my date of birth was 0. Apparently I'm 2,000 years old. I only feel 20!

My barclay's account is doing this however it DOES seem to be affecting my AAOA. I started getting notices that my accounts have been open less than 3 years, so FICO seems to know it's a new account.

Before I even scrolled down to see the screenshot I knew you were looking at a third-party three-in-1 credit report and reviewing the EQ column. LOL Glad I went further before I replied.

Never use third party reports to base your disputes from. The fields are not populated properly, as you can see now. :angry:

Before I even scrolled down to see the screenshot I knew you were looking at a third-party three-in-1 credit report and reviewing the EQ column. LOL Glad I went further before I replied.

Never use third party reports to base your disputes from. The fields are not populated properly, as you can see now. :dntknw:

Exactly. It once showed me a best buy account opened in 1970.

Yes, 1970.

Never use third party reports to base your disputes from. The fields are not populated properly, as you can see now. :dntknw:

Exactly. It once showed me a best buy account opened in 1970.

Yes, 1970.

Back when they were The Sound of Music, eh?

:wave:

well, I actually succeeded in getting an item deleted due to that on TU...it was on an actual TU report...I simply informed them that I have never had an account opened on that date

it's worth a shot

HOWEVER...is it helping or hurting you? That's the question that needs to be answered. How long ago were the lates, etc?

That particular account actually has no lates or anything.

I had two Nelnet student loans that defaulted, and since NYState Higher Education Services was the guarantor, they paid off the two Nelnet loans (not shown here). Then NYState Higher Ed Serv. put a claim on my income taxes, so when I filed my 2008 taxes in early 2009, they were seized and went to pay NYSHES back.

So there were never any lates at all that I know of. NYSHES simply covered my Nelnet loan for me, then filed a claim with the government and waited several months for my taxes to pay it off.

I guess those several months must have all technically been "late".. so it's possible that all of 2008 was considered "late" because it was March 2009 before they grabbed my taxes as they were filed.

Thanks for your reply!

(And, just a general note, I'm not basing any disputes on this. I just found it hilarious. I'm still waiting on my hard copies in the mail but didn't see any reason to be in the dark while I waited.) :lol:

Edited by GonnaGetEm

Defaulted SL's stick like glue, especially after they had to "file claim with government."

My guess is that you have lates on it due to the default status. Again, the REAL reports are what you'd refer to in order to know for sure.

Darn, it was one of the only things going for me right now! :angry:

accountage.jpg

as requested

Opened 01/01/0001...But really, those lates were 2008 years ago, c'mon sir!

Too precious... :)

Edited by trachkids

Personally, i laugh it off coming from a daily puller.

If it was on a hard copy, i'd be all over it.