Sign in to follow this  
Jen23514

My Version of the "Credit Repair 101" Index

Thank you for posting these links. At least we don't have to dig up previous topics or start a new topic regarding credit repair. These are all very useful information especially for newbies like us.

This thread in no way prevents that.

In fact, if you look at my last post, you'll see a hint how to search, and I also encourage searching daily. the search function will be your best friend in using CB.

good luck. :lol:

Thanks for bringing so many useful threads together into one place (and thanks to all those who have posted to those threads to make them so valuable).

Thanks for bringing so many useful threads together into one place (and thanks to all those who have posted to those threads to make them so valuable).

agree....thanks jen

Great work Jen! I can't even imagine how long that took...but it is nothing compared to the hours and hours you've spent helping those of on this board that need it.

May good karma come your way!

Great work Jen! I can't even imagine how long that took...but it is nothing compared to the hours and hours you've spent helping those of on this board that need it.

May good karma come your way!

thanks.

just my way of paying it forward....

This is excellent and I have bookmarked it.. lots of good pointers here. Yet a lot of lot of reading..

Still seeking this CDIA Manual I read in anothr thread though..

Thank You very much Jen! This is excellent stuff, and will really help me in my battles ahead! I have a beautiful wife and 3 very young children, been working VERY hard to stay afloat in this bad economic collapse CREATED by all the banks! And, I have been battling them every step of the way, this outline helps me stay organized in my use of this great forum. I know when I have become fully educated here, I TOO owe it to pay it forward here and everywhere else! Thank You Very Much!

SolonZ

:)

I couldn't seem to find much on whether or not annualcreditreport.com is an accurate version/copy of your credit report in order to begin the credit repair process. I have seen just one or two posts with conflicting opinions. The site states that it is run by the 3 major Credit Reporting Agencies and that it is not trying to sell any type of scores or credit watch system.

Will this copy suffice to begin the credit repair process or is it truly best to just pay the fee from each individual Credit Reporting Agency to receive the hard copy.

I appreciate the clarification.

I couldn't seem to find much on whether or not annualcreditreport.com is an accurate version/copy of your credit report in order to begin the credit repair process. I have seen just one or two posts with conflicting opinions. The site states that it is run by the 3 major Credit Reporting Agencies and that it is not trying to sell any type of scores or credit watch system.

Will this copy suffice to begin the credit repair process or is it truly best to just pay the fee from each individual Credit Reporting Agency to receive the hard copy.

I appreciate the clarification.

That's the real thing. The seeming conflicting information is because it is better to request a hard copy of your credit report because it contains more detailed information than the online copy. Both are real, one is more detailed than the other.

ABSOLUTELY GREAT INFO GUYS AND GALS, this site is amazing...

I have one issue though....I have been reading through the info and have successfully removed Collection Agency information from my CR. However, I am hitting a brick wall as far as getting the Original Creditor to validate the alleged debt that they say I owe. I consider proper validation of debt to be the original signed application for credit. However, I have went through the process of requesting validation from the Original Creditor and promptly submitted the information to the CRA and have been unsuccessful in getting the Original Creditor's chargeoff removed. Meaning, the CRA's investigation returns as "this debt belongs to you". Is there any statute, law or info that provides what type of information is considered "proper" validation information in the law. i.e. FCRA, FDCPA?

I'm almost there guys!!!...after almost a year of hard work!!!....

I have one issue though....I have been reading through the info and have successfully removed Collection Agency information from my CR. However, I am hitting a brick wall as far as getting the Original Creditor to validate the alleged debt that they say I owe. I consider proper validation of debt to be the original signed application for credit. However, I have went through the process of requesting validation from the Original Creditor and promptly submitted the information to the CRA and have been unsuccessful in getting the Original Creditor's chargeoff removed. Meaning, the CRA's investigation returns as "this debt belongs to you". Is there any statute, law or info that provides what type of information is considered "proper" validation information in the law. i.e. FCRA, FDCPA?

I thought the OC has no obligation to provide debt validation. Correct me if I'm wrong. Hope someone else can come in and help you with this question. You'll get there Artie, keep working on it!

I thought the OC has no obligation to provide debt validation. Correct me if I'm wrong. Hope someone else can come in and help you with this question. You'll get there Artie, keep working on it!

You are correct.

Jen, YOU ROCK!

Thanks for taking the time to put all of this in one place. CB does get very overwhelming, even if you are not a newbie & this is a great resource for all of us here.

Jen, YOU ROCK!

Thanks for taking the time to put all of this in one place. CB does get very overwhelming, even if you are not a newbie & this is a great resource for all of us here.

Thanks. All I did was organize my bookmarks (well, the ones that weren't lost in the great computer crash of 2008). All the hard work was done by CB members who participated.

Paying it forward is what it's all about.

Jen- What pen and pencil method/worksheet do you use to organize your bill pay and your repair track?

Guest vimana

Recently I applied for approx 5 credit cards for the sake of getting miles. I have been churning cards for over 5years on and off and my experience has been that my credit score dipped about 30-40 points at the most. This time I churned it pretty hard and got approved for 4 out of the 5. I currently stand at 750 (transunion, do not know the other ones) and it has yet to update so I do not know the damage. Does anyone know how long these inquiries will hurt my score? At what point does it let up? Thanks in advance! :)

Jen- What pen and pencil method/worksheet do you use to organize your bill pay and your repair track?

it's evolved, and i'm not the most organized person. in fact, my disorganization has led to:

1. me not suing some CAs who truly, truly deserved it.

2. not getting out of the credit hole quicker.

So, it is different now than 5 years ago, or even 18 mos ago.

Is there something in particular you're looking for?

I have some different ideas, but not enough time to type it out.... I will return ;)

But in short, I believe in taking it back to the basics.... so expect an answer that involves a composition book (or notebook), pencil, and calculator. THEN... you progress... ;):P

Edited by Jen23514

people suffer from bad credit score and lots of debt all the time and its not rocket science to get over it, you just need to be directed in the right direction.

fourtuntely enough i was directed to a site that offres lots of info. for sale on how to fix your credit. i found it very helpful.

so here it is, i hope this can be of help to others too.

www.imaspammerandigotcaught.com

most of the things that i learned from the site you can do yourself you don't need anybody to do it for you.

I would like to bump this.

Everybody talks about "the other half of credit repair"... I like to talk about the 3rd "half" of credit repair: Wealth building.

It's simple, if you make 20k, live like you make 19. If you make 40, live like you make 35. If you make 60, live like you make 50. If you make 100k, live like you make 80.

Live. Below. Your. Means.

Save the remainder.

You want to be truly credit worthy? Have enough cash that you can handle small hiccups in your road from ever affecting your creditors.

If you can't do that, you don't deserve an 800+ Fico, no matter what your payment history or AAOA or Utilization is.

agreed. I like to explain away my bad scores by saying : medical bills exceeded anything I could have planned for.

Then again, if I had been more diligent back then about saving..... then even with $10k in medical bills...... I could have addressed the issue instead of tackling over 2 dozen collections.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Sometimes, there's not blood to squeeze from a turnip (been there), but often we are kidding ourselves (been there too).

Where can I find the latest version of FCRA, FDCPA and FCBA laws?

The ones listed here are from 2004 unless these are the latest.

Thanks!

Edited by forbiddenlove