Citi "Love Button"

creditperson

The last post in this topic was posted 4746 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have two Citi cards. Currently when I check on my cards online via the Citicards website one of my cards has the "love button" live that says "request credit line increase." Are there any potential negatives to hitting it? I have applied for and received a lot of credit within the last few months with Citi and other creditors and I do not want to rock to boat. If I can hit the love button and it will not give me a hard inquiry or potentially hurt my credit I would like to take advantage of it. What are your thoughts?

I have two Citi cards. Currently when I check on my cards online via the Citicards website one of my cards has the "love button" live that says "request credit line increase." Are there any potential negatives to hitting it? I have applied for and received a lot of credit within the last few months with Citi and other creditors and I do not want to rock to boat. If I can hit the love button and it will not give me a hard inquiry or potentially hurt my credit I would like to take advantage of it. What are your thoughts?

Go for it.....

There are plenty of threads around here about Citi's Love Button and how it works.

1) You click on the Love Button and you receive an instant increase without a hard inquiry (amount varies).

2) You click the button and a form comes up, almost looking like an application. If you fill out that form and hit submit, they will pull your report and you're not guaranteed the credit limit increase.

Edited by shaft

Go for it.....

:):lol::lol:

Would anyone happen to know if its the same way on the business cards?

I don't have any Citi based business V/MC's but I have a LOT of store cards (Staples, Home Depot, Office Depot, etc)...

Some of my business limits are already rather high (Home Depot is $8200!), some are kinda low in comparison (Office Depot, $3000).

I've never seen any kind of CLI on any Citi Business card and I've had all of them for 3+ years. No lates.

Why not freeze your reports & force them to soft pull?

Everyone says that about "if there's a form," but that is not always true.

People said that left and right about the BOA love button last year, and I did it in early 2009.

It then told me I'd get my decision by mail. The mail decision was after they pulled my credit report, and it showed up in my CR history. I would tread lightly, OP. Very lightly.

People said that left and right about the BOA love button last year, and I did it in early 2009.

It then told me I'd get my decision by mail. The mail decision was after they pulled my credit report, and it showed up in my CR history. I would tread lightly, OP. Very lightly.

A HARD WITH-OUT FILLING OUT A FORM???

:P

Edited by GEORGE

:rofl:

Yes; all I did was click the button to see if they could increase my CL. I'd done it before and there was no form, it was instant.

In 2009, I did that, and the next thing I know they told me they would send me a decision by mail. And then when I got hte decision ("No"), it told me it had based it on the information they pulled from TU and that I had blah blah amount of time to request my report from TU.

I assume that is a hard, since the inq. shows up and they told me I could get my TU report.

I have been waiting patiently to find another bank until this all blows over.

Yes; all I did was click the button to see if they could increase my CL. I'd done it before and there was no form, it was instant.

In 2009, I did that, and the next thing I know they told me they would send me a decision by mail. And then when I got hte decision ("No"), it told me it had based it on the information they pulled from TU and that I had blah blah amount of time to request my report from TU.

I assume that is a hard, since the inq. shows up and they told me I could get my TU report.

When you click Bofa luv button, it opens a page with a message that says they may pull credit. So it never was a guaranteed soft pull CLI.

I have instant DENIED (just by pushing the link) but not a HARD

When you click Bofa luv button, it opens a page with a message that says they may pull credit. So it never was a guaranteed soft pull CLI.

THIS IS ALL IT SAYS FOR CITIBANK--->Request a Credit Line Increase

Says nothing about HARD or SOFT or NONE

Has anyone gotten a hard from CITI by using the love button? Just got a forward card for restaurants and in the future plan to ask for some love :angry:

Only when presented with "the form" that requests income and bank account info. Quit out of that rather than complete and submit and it won't generate a hard.

DW & I have received over 50 Citi CLI's on various cards in the last 3 years through the "luv button" without a hard pull.

The last post in this topic was posted 4746 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.