Can we freeze Advanced Resolution Services, Inc. and IDA, Inc?

The last post in this topic was posted 2569 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try?

I want some more info before freezing these bastards.

Nope, sorry. I meant to but got caught up in the holidays, and the task fell off my list. I am gardening for a while, so it wouldn't be much of an experiment now, or I would go back and do it! Let us know if you try, and if so, how it goes.

I am getting preapproved offers from US Bank, if I freeze these reports will I get denied on application?

Tommy

Pretty sure I read about somebody freezing ARS and being approved thereafter for the US Bank Cash+.

I'm personally a little concerned now for my own Cash+ PC in 6 months because my INQs on EQ may or may not match up with ARS :angel:

• 1 year later...

"Pretty sure I read about somebody freezing ARS and being approved thereafter for the US Bank Cash+."

Here's a link that recommends freezing them to get the Club Carlson VISA

http://hackmytrip.com/2013/06/freeze-ida-ars-us-bank-club-carlson/

"It turns out that US Bank gets this information from two secondary credit bureaus: ARS (Advanced Resolution Services) and IDA (ID Analytics). It’s possible to “freeze” these 2 bureaus with a simple form request, thus disallowing US Bank from getting information from those two bureaus."

Edited by moneypyts
  • 2 months later...

Note: I'm working on getting Innovis, and LexisNexis frozen.

I think there may be significant issues with identity verification in the future IF you are even successful in freezing LN. For credit apps, ARS/IDA is the issue. And I would recommend sticking to freezing ONLY those two. Unless you truly have serious ID theft issues?

If you're doing an app spree; you really should have a lot of these 3rd party credit reporting agencies frozen on the spot. I know US Bank and a couple other creditors do check these along with Innovis, GIS and a few others. It is kind of rediculous really that you could be denied because a third party credit reporting agency has baddies on it when the big 3 credit reporting agencies do not. Here is a list of all of them that has been updated January of 2014:

CFPB: List of Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201207_cfpb_list_consumer-reporting-agencies.pdf

Note: I'm working on getting Innovis, and LexisNexis frozen.

I think there may be significant issues with identity verification in the future IF you are even successful in freezing LN. For credit apps, ARS/IDA is the issue. And I would recommend sticking to freezing ONLY those two. Unless you truly have serious ID theft issues?

I think you may have a point BDK, may have to reconsider freezing LN.

I have both IDA, and ARS frozen. Applied for a FNBO credit card few months back and was declined because Experian was frozen, but in the letter I got they mentioned something about there being too many inquiries on my ARS report.

So you probably got declined because of ARS, not EX.

I have both IDA, and ARS frozen. Applied for a FNBO credit card few months back and was declined because Experian was frozen, but in the letter I got they mentioned something about there being too many inquiries on my ARS report.

Yes it's possible, but they also mention not being able to generate a credit score.

Yes it's possible, but they also mention not being able to generate a credit score.

If you're EX was frozen, that's probably why, no?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The last post in this topic was posted 2569 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.