Balance transfer in checking account

teamgreen

The last post in this topic was posted 4480 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I tried doing it to a debit card and that is how I found out about Barclay's policy. Though it does make sense that transfer to an HSBC debit card would be one loophole.

Whats td? Good luck.

Helcat,

TD is TD Bank. The rep from td told me it would work. We'll see. You tried and it didnt work for you? Which debit card?

If I recall correctly I tried two different local banks (a CU and a Wachovia acct). I tried initially by submitted online and then the transaction failed a day or so latere. I tried again by phone with a different account, and when that transaction kicked out as well that's when I called back and found out about BA's policies. My experience was over a year ago, so maybe their policies have changed.

I recently got a personal a $20K loan from lending club to pay for some renovations on a house I am flipping. Just last month I received a couple of 0% BT credit card pre-approvals and decided to apply. After applying and before I actually received the cards, I sold the house and made arrangements to pay the personal loan off with the proceeds.

Last week, I got a call from lending club telling me I have a $15K credit there. I forgot when I applied that I gave my account lending account information to BT $15K over their and when it was approved, they automatically transferred the funds.

Although I would not recommend this method, I thought it would be worth sharing.

• 4 weeks later...

Something to add...TD bank mailed the check to my MOms address, I had her sign it and deposited it into my business checking account. If her name had been on the business checking account, I assume that the bt to the debit card would have worked. However, it looks like I will get the desired results anyway, which I am pleased with.

The last post in this topic was posted 4480 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.