Sign in to follow this  
RacieRacer

Chase ratejacked me, I conversion question

I have 5 or 6 Chase cards. They ratejacked the one with the highest balance. Well they ratejacked them all but 1. One is still at 10%, which seems like 0% when compared to 30-ish percent.

If I hurry and pay off the one with the high bal & high interest, will they let me move the limit (most of the limit that is) over to the card with the lower APR?

If so, should I wait til after Feb 10 to do it?

Any input greatly appreciated. TIA :P

eta: I guess this really isn't a conversion questions as much as it is a reallocating question.

Edited by RacieRacer

In the past I would have said yes, they will let you do it with no problems. Now all I can say is good luck I hope you get a CSR who will help you out.

In the past I would have said yes, they will let you do it with no problems. Now all I can say is good luck I hope you get a CSR who will help you out.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking. :unsure:

I guess I'll wait til mid Feb & give it a try, don't have much to lose trying anyway.

Thanks for the TTT Linx. :)

Just another bump to the top to see if anyone in the evening crowd might have any recent experience with reallocating limits with Chase.

I have 5 or 6 Chase cards. They ratejacked the one with the highest balance. Well they ratejacked them all but 1. One is still at 10%, which seems like 0% when compared to 30-ish percent.

If I hurry and pay off the one with the high bal & high interest, will they let me move the limit (most of the limit that is) over to the card with the lower APR?

Any input greatly appreciated. TIA :)

eta: I guess this really isn't a conversion questions as much as it is a reallocating question.

"IF" they will do a 5 into 1 or 6 into 1...GO FOR IT

or

Maybe do a 2 into 1 TODAY and another one on FRIDAY

That will eliminate 2 of 5 or 6

I think it could possibly back-fire doing so much at one time

GOOD LUCK

Any input greatly appreciated. TIA :)

or

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the reply George (& nice to see you again :D ). I'm mainly concerned about the one with the highest CL, which happens to be the one with the highest APR. I am just hoping this doesn't cause them to raise the APR on the Disney (the one that is still at 10%).

Any input greatly appreciated. TIA :good:

or

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the reply George (& nice to see you again :) ). I'm mainly concerned about the one with the highest CL, which happens to be the one with the highest APR. I am just hoping this doesn't cause them to raise the APR on the Disney (the one that is still at 10%).

Move it to the DISNEY card WEDNESDAY morning

(assuming the one you are dumping has had a $0.00 balance for a month or two)