Sign in to follow this  
squirrelgirl

Juniper/Barclays CLD #2

I can't remember exactly when, but my main Juny card (Frontier MC) was cut from $15,000 to $5,400. (I think maybe a year ago, not sure). The reason stated was that they adjusted based on my usage. OK, fine.

I recently received my new card as the last one expired, they upgraded me to the 'world' with no preset limit. OK, lovely. I last used the card mid October for about $500, PIF.

I get back from my vacation and the limit has been cut to $1,000 <_< - the reason stated "Ratio of Payment to outstanding balance is too low" <_<

FYI

the reason stated "Ratio of Payment to outstanding balance is too low"

WTF does that mean?

I'd call the magic number and ask what's going on, what they're looking for, and if they can reinstate your limit.

I can't remember exactly when, but my main Juny card (Frontier MC) was cut from $15,000 to $5,400. (I think maybe a year ago, not sure). The reason stated was that they adjusted based on my usage. OK, fine.

I recently received my new card as the last one expired, they upgraded me to the 'world' with no preset limit. OK, lovely. I last used the card mid October for about $500, PIF.

I get back from my vacation and the limit has been cut to $1,000 <_< - the reason stated "Ratio of Payment to outstanding balance is too low" <_<

FYI

The mantra goes "IT IS JUST BUSINESS"

What a way to run a business

Did you close it yet???

Did you close it yet???

I have no intention of closing the card. It is my oldest open account.

Ok...

WTF does that mean?

I'd call the magic number and ask what's going on, what they're looking for, and if they can reinstate your limit.

Apparently paying 100% is not enough? They want me to overpay? :lol:

WTF does that mean?

Apparently paying 100% is not enough? They want me to overpay? :lol:

Spend $5 and send them a paper check for $6

Are ALL of your accounts PIF (not just Barclays accounts)? The denial code used by Barclays is typically based on the overall credit report.

And yes, with compelling reasons, they WILL reinstate...a request on a biz account for a CLI resulted in a chop to my overall exposure with the bank, but I got it ALL back with a phone call. They asked about income and investments during the call as well as some rather sudden spikes in card usage. This was not one of the 1-800-phone drones you would get calling the number on the back of the card but rather one of the analysts.

Are ALL of your accounts PIF (not just Barclays accounts)? The denial code used by Barclays is typically based on the overall credit report.

And yes, with compelling reasons, they WILL reinstate...a request on a biz account for a CLI resulted in a chop to my overall exposure with the bank, but I got it ALL back with a phone call. They asked about income and investments during the call as well as some rather sudden spikes in card usage. This was not one of the 1-800-phone drones you would get calling the number on the back of the card but rather one of the analysts.

I believe the magic number is directly into this group. I used it and had a rational, intelligent

discussion with the rep. They asked some questions about previous derogs and current TLs,

then approved. As I've stated earlier, I'd have taken a denial quite well since the person I

was speaking with sounded like they were actually reviewing my credit, rather than glancing

at it and approving/denying it based on the latest dart throw.

SG,

Sorry what happened to you :rofl::( .I had Juniper Cash Rewards MC for $500 back in 2005. I requested a CLI over the phone and they raised it to $640. After a year, they closed it without a reason. After that, I applied for B&N MC and Apple Computer MC and they denied me for a lame reason. I never bother to apply any of their card. It's just another BofA and Chase!!!

Ron.

Edited by Ron1

No, not all of my accounts are PIF. I have a few cards that are BT cards (and have been for months (some of them years) and payments are always more than the minimum.

I'm not too broken up over it, just an FYI that the new card came and less than a week later my limit has reduced so dramatically. Good thing I didn't *need* it.

As I said, keeping the card for age, and I *do* like the rewards.

I just have better cards.

Barclays shut down my B&N Mastercard RIGHT before Christmas- reason? "Upon a review of your credit report, we found derogatory info, bla, bla" I called the "magic number" and was told it was because of "too many new accounts" I stated to the rep that I had opened no new accounts since opening this card. She told me apparently, I "slipped thru the cracks" on the initial approval.

Oh well, screw them.

I guess I got lucky so far.

Got the Priceline/Barclays card last month w/ a $1500 limit.

Transferred over some balances last week so the card is at about $1100 now,

but I'm paying roughly $900 of that in a week or 2, so it wont report with much

on it.

I hope they dont wreck my limit. Its my highest card yet and I plan on

wearing it out with PIF and putting all but one other card in the Sock Drawer

for the moment..

I'm guessing after I posted this, I'll likely get CLDed <_<

I just keep my cards maxed out, so they don't give me CLD's :)

Sometimes that can BACK-FIRE

They can actually lower the credit limit the same day the payment posts

Edited by GEORGE

Sorry to hear it SG. Juniper has the wierdest reasons. I remember once being declined by them a long time ago due to 'rent or mortgage payment too low'. Since then I had Carnival & US Air w/them and I closed them both.

I have had a lot of CLD's too, on other cards, for no real reason. :rolleyes: & 1 closed by BofA for absolutly NO reason whatsoever. It sucks.

Maybe someone can help me understand this; What's in it for these creditors to CLD someone that pays on-time and more than minimums? And they even do it to people carrying balances? Is there someone sitting around, bored to death, at Barclays saying "Hmmmmm, squirrelgirl's not paying us enough attention. LOOK AT US! LOOK AT US!"

I just can't grasp this notion of rampant CLDs I keep reading about here. I guess I could understand someone with a 25k limit that PIFs 100.00 per month getting popped. But even then, I think there's better ways to get people to start using their cards. Treating them like crap wouldn't be one of them...

Maybe someone can help me understand this; What's in it for these creditors to CLD someone that pays on-time and more than minimums? And they even do it to people carrying balances? Is there someone sitting around, bored to death, at Barclays saying "Hmmmmm, squirrelgirl's not paying us enough attention. LOOK AT US! LOOK AT US!"

I just can't grasp this notion of rampant CLDs I keep reading about here. I guess I could understand someone with a 25k limit that PIFs 100.00 per month getting popped. But even then, I think there's better ways to get people to start using their cards. Treating them like crap wouldn't be one of them...

I HAVE SPREAD THE WORD ALL OVER THE PLACE

OTHERS HAVE TOO

I did nothing wrong...YET I GET PUNISHED

Then you get people with the mantra--->"IT IS JUST BUSINESS"

(as if it is no big deal)

I wonder the same thing.

I also wonder why they ratejack people, it's like they are asking to get stiffed by forcing people to file BK or otherwise just give up. Do they wan't people to file BK & get little to nothing paid back? Seems like I'd charge a halfway decent interest rate so I would be more apst to be paid back than to have the people just give up and let it charge off or file BK.

Yikes, that stinks. I have an LLBEAN card. I've had it since they converted from BOA.

Does anyone know if LLBEAN is safer than other Barclays cards because LLbean watches over them? Or are all Barclays cards created equal.

I buy so much from LLBEAN for my big family that the free shipping both ways makes the card worth it for me.

Yikes, that stinks. I have an LLBEAN card. I've had it since they converted from BOA.

Does anyone know if LLBEAN is safer than other Barclays cards because LLbean watches over them? Or are all Barclays cards created equal.

I buy so much from LLBEAN for my big family that the free shipping both ways makes the card worth it for me.

I personally do not think any co-branded card is "safer" than any other.