Sign in to follow this  
theprincefan

Will my current creditors drop me if I get a CA on my CR??

Hi. I have three credit cards. I'm currently experiencing some drama and may end up with either an unpaid collections account or a judgment on my CR within the next 6 months.

I would like to know if my cc companies can drop me or lower my limits to nothing because of this. I have three cards from two banks : B of A and Citibank. Currently, I have only a small amount of debt-about $1500.

Thanks.

is this happening because of a dispute or because you can't pay? Because if it is a dispute, you can actually delay this going to collection for some time.

is this happening because of a dispute or because you can't pay? Because if it is a dispute, you can actually delay this going to collection for some time.

Read their other threads.. it's neither..

Op: short answer is yes.. when they do an annual review of your credit, if they see any reason to give you AA they will.

Edited by beli

It's complicated and in the post below with the green mad face...

But I was talking to the OC about repayment plans (this was from a wage overpayment to me) for someone having economic hardship. I was told to wait for them to contact me about the parameters of that plan. They sent it to collections instead of contacting me.

So what can I dispute? I am sending a letter to the CA saying I dispute owing THEM any money or having any obligation to them whatsoever.

It's complicated and in the post below with the green mad face...

But I was talking to the OC about repayment plans (this was from a wage overpayment to me) for someone having economic hardship. I was told to wait for them to contact me about the parameters of that plan. They sent it to collections instead of contacting me.

So what can I dispute? I am sending a letter to the CA saying I dispute owing THEM any money or having any obligation to them whatsoever.

well, I would send a DV letter.

I am a little confused at how an employer can send an overpayment to a collection agency. they can sue you, sure. Did you have a specific contract? Did they pay you for something that they didn't do? I would definitely consult an attorney. do you still work for them?

Hi. I have three credit cards. I'm currently experiencing some drama and may end up with either an unpaid collections account or a judgment on my CR within the next 6 months.

I would like to know if my cc companies can drop me or lower my limits to nothing because of this. I have three cards from two banks : B of A and Citibank. Currently, I have only a small amount of debt-about $1500.

Thanks.

I HAVE GOT ALL OF THESE--->CLD/TOTAL CLOSURE/APR JACKAGE

NOT ONE SINGLE DAY LATE IN 30+ YEARS

cinn girl--the law is on their side. THey can call their mistake and overpayment to me my debt and legally send it to collections. Nice huh? As far as I know it's assigned and not sold to the CA.

So, if they should report and if this messes my credit up, I'm trying to get an idea of the wonderful things I can look forward to.

George, that REALLY sucks and I feel the law should change. That's b.s. that one accusation or one bad deed should erase 20 and 30 years of on time payments. Especially in this economy.

This all makes me want to become a lawyer so I can try to change the law and just keep filing lawsuits against the country or something. Oh well. One can dream.

edited to say, no, I am a former employee....

Edited by theprincefan

cinn girl--the law is on their side. THey can call their mistake and overpayment to me my debt and legally send it to collections. Nice huh? As far as I know it's assigned and not sold to the CA.

So, if they should report and if this messes my credit up, I'm trying to get an idea of the wonderful things I can look forward to.

George, that REALLY sucks and I feel the law should change. That's b.s. that one accusation or one bad deed should erase 20 and 30 years of on time payments. Especially in this economy.

This all makes me want to become a lawyer so I can try to change the law and just keep filing lawsuits against the country or something. Oh well. One can dream.

Just because they have a right to the money back doesn't mean you can't fight about it, slow it down.

Just because they have a right to the money back doesn't mean you can't fight about it, slow it down.

Please read their other posts before responding! The OP has already talked to three lawyers in their previous employers county. There's really nothing they can do, but pay the debt. The only one thing they can do right now is to ask the previous employer to recall the debt before paying, since they never contacted them about a hardship plan. However, in a nut shell they have to pay it. Regardless of whether we think it's right or wrong.

This is a state debt, and they will fight them tooth and nail, they don't care HOW much money they spend trying to collect this debt.

Edited by beli

Please read their other posts before responding! The OP has already talked to three lawyers in their previous employers county. There's really nothing they can do, but pay the debt. The only one thing they can do right now is to ask the previous employer to recall the debt before paying, since they never contacted them about a hardship plan. However, in a nut shell they have to pay it. Regardless of whether we think it's right or wrong.

This is a state debt, and they will fight them tooth and nail, they don't care HOW much money they spend trying to collect this debt.

I did try but the other posts are not in this thread. ok, give up if you like.

If you click on the person's name, a drop down menu should come up, and a list of options such as find members topics/posts etc.

cinn-thanks for trying to advise me the best you can.

This "they don't care HOW much money they spend trying to collect this debt. " Is absolutely true of this employer. They would spend 50 million to get back 30 million. They are crazy. They overpaid people a total of 60 million all together!!! They've spent more than that suing the company that they hired to switch the payroll system and suing people who owe more than I do. They are a wasteful, disgusting, powerful, money-hungry bunch of heartless jerks....who I have to pay happily with no proof or I will be sued and a judgment will be placed upon me. It's one of those things where I will pay either which way, might as well be now.

It sucks, but after talking to the lawyers out there, nothing I can do....

Creditors are Ratejacking, CLD'ing, & Closing accounts right now for NO reason whatsoever, just because they can, still. Even if people have never been late on any account, are not maxed out and everything is just peachy on their CR. So if they are doing it to people for absolutely NO reason whatsoever, then I'd say the chance is pretty good that they will do some type of

AA if they see a CA or other baddie pop up on the CR. But I have been wrong before.

Yes they can raise your rates, lower your limit or cancel the accounts, and in the economy it's probably more of a chance it could happen.. and they may also do nothing, which I hope all goes well for you and that nothing happens to your accounts!!