Sign in to follow this  
Gudziel

ACA Disputes

How long after you send a dispute to them does it generally take before you hear some sort of answer back from them?

I filed two complaints with them. I can share my experience. YMMV

I received an email from ACA International within a few days stating that they had received my complaint and forwarded on to the member CA. They'll tell you that the member CA may or may not respond to them and to let them know what response (if any) you get directly from the member CA within 30 days.

In both my cases (MCM and Asset), the member CA responded directly to the ACA and then sent me a copy. It generally took around 21 days to get any responses. Again, YMMV, but I got the standard "We did no wrong. These are the reasons why we are right. But, we are nice people and will delete the accounts". Same type of response you get from the BBB.

I found it to be very beneficial. Plus, if worst comes to worst and you have to sue, you can honestly say..."Your Honor, I have tried every possible avenue to resolve this with the defendants". :wub:

Edited by TroyM

I just filed with ACA last Wednesday and recievied a response from them yesterday.

My email said the same basic thing that Troy's did. Just be aware that ACA has a 30 day resolution process.

I also have a BBB complaint against a fine, upstanding CA by the name of Afni. By my count, in my situation, they have committed at least 4 ACA ethics violations. Based on the response that they made to the BBB, I am fully expecting the same "we did nothing wrong" response to ACA. That's fine with me, as long as they agree to my resolution requests. If not, I'll let my attorney add them to the list.

Thanks Troy!

That was not only helpful but also optimistic. I faxed my complaint with paper trail to ACA about two weeks ago. I'm still waiting for any type of response from anyone.