Sign in to follow this  
GEORGE

WHY DO YOU WANT TO SHOW ID???

DOES IT REALLY MAKE YOU FEEL SPECIAL WHEN YOU SHOW ID

IS IT REALLY PROTECTING YOU IN SOME WAY WHEN YOU SHOW ID

(WHEN USING A CREDIT CARD)

:dntknw:

Edited by GEORGE

I think of what would GEORGE do. I do the opposite and it makes my No-No Place tingle in the good way. :lol:

I think of what would GEORGE do. I do the opposite and it makes my No-No Place tingle in the good way. :rofl:

That's a weird looking cat in your siggy OC.

Some women like being ID'd because it makes them feel younger. But this is typically like at a bar, or club, or buying liquor someplace.

Some women like being ID'd because it makes them feel younger. But this is typically like at a bar, or club, or buying liquor someplace.

:clapping:

AGE IS NOT THE TOPIC

RELATING TO AGE...I CARDED ONE GIRL FOR CANCER STICKS...I KNEW FOR A FACT SHE WAS 14 or 15 YEARS OLD

She was 18 years old that day

What a BIRTHDAY PRESENT :rolleyes:

I would really like to know the answer...

Guest Joseph C

I dont see how it isnt... Although I dont LIKE to. (It hurts they do not believe what i say. I also think theyd use it for Marketing.. which is why I would maybe say "No" or "Nevermind." Should be Illegal to Market. it isnt.)

And if I was a Narcissist, I would want to show my Picture to EVERYONE!!!

:grin:

You get offended when people disagree with you, so why are you even asking?

Define: Rhetorical.

I dont see how it isnt...

Why would you hand over additional personal information to a potential ID thief? :)

Rhett Butler's eye? :good:

Do I smell more BAIT again...

======================================

SORRY I DON'T DO rhetorical

I dont see how it isnt...

Why would you hand over additional personal information to a potential ID thief? :(

You have your 15 year old HOTTIE DAUGHTER with you and the cashier takes an instant liking to her

You really need for him to show up at your front door looking for a date

:D

There have been a few times where my card was stolen and used. I would have liked it if the stores had asked for ID. At the very least if the thiefs knew they would be ID'd and they couldn't use it, they would not have stolen it. Right now the risk/reward calculation is very much in their favor.

That it didn't cost me a dime is true, except that of course the cost does get passed on. I guess you could say the same about shoplifting. Even though it doesn't cost me anything, I would still rather my card wasn't stolen and used, I do feel some responsibility. If I can help out by showing my ID, I am all for it. A very small price to pay for the privilege of not having to carry that sub-prime cash you hate so much.

Edited by frank22

. A very small price to pay for the privilege of not having to carry that sub-prime cash you hate so much.

I like cash. :rolleyes: I like my anonymity. The entire "show us your ID" culture bothers me, from talk of National ID cards to showing a DL for a CC purchase.

Particularly when there are more effective ways to increase credit card security. Problem is card issuers/networks/processors aren't terribly interested in increased security it seems. If they are not, why should I be?

Adding a PIN number to your Visa card would do wonders. The CVV number on the back is sometimes used for that purpose- problem is the CVV is printed right on the card.

Guest Joseph C
. A very small price to pay for the privilege of not having to carry that sub-prime cash you hate so much.

I like cash. :rofl: I like my anonymity. The entire "show us your ID" culture bothers me, from talk of National ID cards to showing a DL for a CC purchase.

Particularly when there are more effective ways to increase credit card security. Problem is card issuers/networks/processors aren't terribly interested in increased security it seems. If they are not, why should I be?

Adding a PIN number to your Visa card would do wonders. The CVV number on the back is sometimes used for that purpose- problem is the CVV is printed right on the card.

Any State-issued "Digital ID" card, like the ones that first appeared inNJ and they are all Watermarked and have bar Code and all, is basically a "National I.D." Sure, SOME states dont have it yet, and i can get an old one if i moved to Indiana BEFORE January 31, 2009, but the "National I.D." is basically already here.

In showing my Pic to a Clerk, i would watch like a HAWK to see if they Scribble anything down. if they didn, a Supervisor and Police would likely have to have a talk with that Employee, as it would be basically a Crime, that i would see..

But Cash is always good! :lol: i agree.

I like cash. ;) I like my anonymity. The entire "show us your ID" culture bothers me, from talk of National ID cards to showing a DL for a CC purchase.

I would go for the PIN# WITH A CREDIT CARD...as long as that was the only ID they could require

(if I could change it anytime I wanted ON-LINE or by TOLL FREE PHONE CALL)

They could even make it a FELONY TO ASK FOR ID ON THE CREDIT CARD FOR ALL I CARE...

If there was NO NAME SHOWING ON THE CREDIT CARD...asking for ID would be useless

CASH...TOO EXPENSIVE

Edited by GEORGE

They could even make it a FELONY TO ASK FOR ID ON THE CREDIT CARD FOR ALL I CARE...

A felony?????? WOW. I guess you think this is pretty important. A sign that life is pretty good if this is what we have to get up in arms over. I think littering should be a felony - it is much more detrimental to society. :yes2:

Although I don't feel put out if asked for an ID, and would rather they do so my card get doesn't misused, I kind of feel if Visa and MasterCard want to accept the risk, then fine. As long as I or the merchant don't get charged. I still would rather a small inconvenience so that thiefs have a harder time of it, but it really is not up to me and I will go with the flow on this. My main disagreement here is the real, real negligible inconvenience/risk and the huge amount of outrage over the issue. Kind of like the other similar issue, so few really feel as you do. All these internets just give the wacky a voice. :grin:

Edited by frank22

A felony?????? WOW. I guess you think this is pretty important.

You should see the punishment for merchants who give cash-only discounts. :lol:

A felony?????? WOW. I guess you think this is pretty important.

You should see the punishment for merchants who give cash-only discounts. :D

:lol:

Felony for asking for ID is a bit much, but I would support a high fine to the business owner for each violation.

Felony for asking for ID is a bit much, but I would support a high fine to the business owner for each violation.

SOME BUSINESSES DON'T FOLLOW THE RULES NOW...why would they follow the rules if there was jail time???

There are fines in place for repeat offenders now

...but you never know if any business gets FINED

Pay me 1/2 the fine would be nice

$500+$500

Edited by GEORGE

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SherryBaby
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines