Sign in to follow this  
Galoma

guh

Im always reluctant to try new veggies.... so until my potatoes start to make me physically or mentally sick, I'd stick with it but on MY TERMS and when I decide Ive had enough..... DROP IT LIKE ITs HOT....

:lol:

I thought I could do this. I tried, and it just doesn't work for me. I just can't detach myself that much, I guess :dntknw: So... now, even THAT is done. Which bums me out :(

I also think, you're just not ready. Because you're asking. Once you are ready, there will be no question, you will tell the fool he is outside his damn mind, babbling nonsense and wasting your man hours, and will be done without a second thought about it.

But I like that you've been trying. Cause, once the time comes, NOBODY can EVER say that you didn't give it your best, repeatedly, all day every day, in the face of every obstacle, really.

This.

And once you're ready, or if you decide you'd rather stay...you will have my support.

+100

I also think, you're just not ready. Because you're asking. Once you are ready, there will be no question, you will tell the fool he is outside his damn mind, babbling nonsense and wasting your man hours, and will be done without a second thought about it.

But I like that you've been trying. Cause, once the time comes, NOBODY can EVER say that you didn't give it your best, repeatedly, all day every day, in the face of every obstacle, really.

This.

And once you're ready, or if you decide you'd rather stay...you will have my support.

+100

another +100

The texting came later, after he went to dinner with some "people" from work. I'm sure the missing texts from last night to a new, local number, are all just a coincidence. :aggressive:

Holy crap. I mean really. That night? Missing texts? Already? That's not doing much for the "let me show you how good I can be" argument.

Plus, the novelty is wearing off. You check the phone bill once, twice, 5 times.. but now you're not even checking, you're confirming stuff.. Yawn.

The texting came later, after he went to dinner with some "people" from work. I'm sure the missing texts from last night to a new, local number, are all just a coincidence. :P

Holy crap. I mean really. That night? Missing texts? Already? That's not doing much for the "let me show you how good I can be" argument.

Plus, the novelty is wearing off. You check the phone bill once, twice, 5 times.. but now you're not even checking, you're confirming stuff.. Yawn.

I don't miss that at all. AT ALL.

Life is so stress free without petty crap like that filling my head.

plus 100 again.

This.

+100

another +100

Vegetarian, or Vegen? No animal matter (eggs and dairy included), or restricted meats, like maybe a stake or chicken breast, or ham sandwich on the weekends?

If someone you care about is trying to go Vegen, for the love of god talk them out of it. Living off of nothing but plant matter is on par with trying to live off of what I eat on a daily basis...its possible, but not at all intelligent or in any way healthy

Vegan

:o

Echo. Oh Echo.

:rofl:

So I took an informal poll last night. 4 men, 4 women. Asking:

Question of the day. H says he's super sorry, he's done talking to shady chicks, he's deleted them from his fb, and he wants to work things out. Do I buy it?

interestingly, the men ALL said no. Women all said maybe. Apparently we're optimists. :lol:

I changed my vote to 'no' after getting additional info. Additional info calls for a no with a swift kick to the sack.. :mellow:

Lawd help us, cuz SnarkMaiden is the voice of reason. :swoon:

Galoma, I don't know what all I missed, and it really doesn't matter.

You won't leave until you're ready to. We can tell you to move on until we're blue in the face, it doesn't matter. You have to be done in your mind AND your heart, not just in your mind.

You'll get there eventually, when you're ready to.

Till then (and after that), I love ya. :mellow:

Guest Joseph C
Galoma, I don't know what all I missed, and it really doesn't matter.

You won't leave until you're ready to. We can tell you to move on until we're blue in the face, it doesn't matter. You have to be done in your mind AND your heart, not just in your mind.

You'll get there eventually, when you're ready to.

Till then (and after that), I love ya. :wub:

.. :D IF i may just "Jump In" ... I have a question: Do people become Vegetarians and/or Vegans (Vegans dont eat Eggs they come from an Animal) for reasons of "Morality" (Save The Cows and things like that, dont be cruel to Chickens, etc) ... or is there a supposed Nutritional reason?

I dont know a lot, but i thought that going 100% Veggie left you WITHOUT a lot of the nutrients from Meat...

.. are you afraid of "Growth Hormone"?

Man, this is making me with it was Lunch, just typing it and not eating a Breakfast made me have that correlation..

... but yes, can OP shed some light? :lol:

:glare:

ot.

There are all types of reasons to go veg. A friend of mine did in high school to impress a guy, and it just stuck. She's 31 now. Another chick I know just doesn't like the taste of meat. Personally, I tried it for about three months. I did it because I read a book that went into detail about slaughterhouses, and I just couldn't. It freaked me out. There are also sustainability issues that drive some people.... I'd guess most veg's do it for a mixture of those reasons. :aggressive:

there are also plenty of ways to get all of the nutrients you need. :angry:

Edited by Galoma

ot.

There are all types of reasons to go veg. A friend of mine did in high school to impress a guy, and it just stuck. She's 31 now. Another chick I know just doesn't like the taste of meat. Personally, I tried it for about three months. I did it because I read a book that went into detail about slaughterhouses, and I just couldn't. It freaked me out. There are also sustainability issues that drive some people.... I'd guess most veg's do it for a mixture of those reasons. :dntknw:

there are also plenty of ways to get all of the nutrients you need. :)

Then I guess I should tell you about how my dad and brothers went deer hunting the other night..brought it home, skinned and quartered it in the backyard...And DD JUST HAAAAAAD to see it (I didn't let her WATCH as they did it...Just let her see the deer before and after). :rofl:

She thought it was yucky but not scary...And afterwards, she told one of her uncles he shoulda shot a turkey too cuz she likes to eat turkey. :rofl:

Those who think vegetarians/vegans are lacking proper nutrition in their diets are horribly mistaken. We probably eat better than y'all do. But that's a discussion for another thread...

Then I guess I should tell you about how my dad and brothers went deer hunting the other night..brought it home, skinned and quartered it in the backyard...And DD JUST HAAAAAAD to see it (I didn't let her WATCH as they did it...Just let her see the deer before and after). :dntknw:

She thought it was yucky but not scary...And afterwards, she told one of her uncles he shoulda shot a turkey too cuz she likes to eat turkey. :rofl:

I forget the complete hunting story.. but somehow my dad ended up with a boar head.. that bled through his garage door into the little parking area, but people didn't even complain to the HOA, cause my step mom is on the board, and my dad is a little.. off, and they just didn't know where to start. Anyway, apparently, he walked about the townhouse yard, invited all the neighborhood children to come and check it out, pet the snout, and what have you. I hear the snout is soft. :rofl:

Then I guess I should tell you about how my dad and brothers went deer hunting the other night..brought it home, skinned and quartered it in the backyard...And DD JUST HAAAAAAD to see it (I didn't let her WATCH as they did it...Just let her see the deer before and after). :rofl:

I forget the complete hunting story.. but somehow my dad ended up with a boar head.. that bled through his garage door into the little parking area, but people didn't even complain to the HOA, cause my step mom is on the board, and my dad is a little.. off, and they just didn't know where to start. Anyway, apparently, he walked about the townhouse yard, invited all the neighborhood children to come and check it out, pet the snout, and what have you. I hear the snout is soft. :rofl:

My parents don't live in an HOA...I think they would NOT do well in an HOA. :rofl:

Organic potatoes. That's right. Still lazy. Check.

well hopefully you are at least getting some pork

Those who think vegetarians/vegans are lacking proper nutrition in their diets are horribly mistaken. We probably eat better than y'all do. But that's a discussion for another thread...

you wouldn't believe how often I hear people lecture me how DD is not getting enough protein/vitamins/whatever because she is vegetarian. *sigh*

you wouldn't believe how often I hear people lecture me how DD is not getting enough protein/vitamins/whatever because she is vegetarian. *sigh*

Oh the implications of THIS.... when thinking of the true nature of THIS thread....

Would I stick around otherwise?! Doubtful. :rofl:

Here's the low-down.

He wants to see if things can work out. I told him I'd stick around to try if he made some concessions...

No more sneaking around my stuff.

Stop stalking me. I FB'ed him, and in turn, he's not allowed to touch ANY of my other stuff. Emails, CB, blog, nada. (supposedly)

No texting/FBing chicks that are shady. This includes chicks you work with, as well as talking through other people to the previously proven to be shady chicks. (which, according to him was okay. Like, he defriended them, but found it appropriate to talk to them on mutual friends' pages. Right. :rofl:)

I have to...

Stay away from cucumber :rofl:

Stick to our budget :rofl:

So. Done and done.

He is making super nice, what with the spa day and all. :rofl:

Snork, I think, was pretty mortified when I told her. But... I guess, the worst that can happen, is.... well... already happening, right? I mean. If it fails, i just end up right here again. If it works, it could be great again?

And, y'know. Organic potatoes and laziness. :rofl:

Snork, I think, was pretty mortified when I told her.

Snork ain't got told sht. All Snork knew was you're on a starch free diet, and then she gets a pre dinner text along the lines of, "The H doesn't eat macNcheese, what are we gonna make for him and Rom?" :) I thought for a second "H" stood for horseradish. Or somethin :)