Sign in to follow this  
Johnny2223817

Is anyone combining credit lines these days?

GOOD LUCK IN FINDING ONE THAT DOES

Some "THINK" that one account with $10,000 is more risk than one account with $3,000 and a second one with $7,000

I've heard that reallocations (heard it from alliant, not hsbc) will be allowed after january. Many lenders have put the halt on them.

I guess that's after certain new regulations kick in? I don't know...

I've heard that reallocations (heard it from alliant, not hsbc) will be allowed after january. Many lenders have put the halt on them.

That might just be it. A CSR from HSBC said to try after the January regulations kick in. It's when I called a week later I was told that they don't do it anymore. Maybe the second CSR was unimformed .

Edited by Unas2k5

That might just be it. A CSR from HSBC said to try after the January regulations kick in. It's when I called a week later I was told that they don't do it anymore. Maybe the second CSR was unimformed .

I thought they already did kick in...I guess I haven't been following the effective dates :lol:

I believe cardcardinsider (who works for Citi) said that the new legislation was the reason for the suspension of combining cards. Once the legislation is through and all the accounts have been updated they will be available again (second part is my opinion only)

I believe cardcardinsider (who works for Citi) said that the new legislation was the reason for the suspension of combining cards. Once the legislation is through and all the accounts have been updated they will be available again (second part is my opinion only)

It makes sense.

I did it a couple of months ago. Threw two Orchards into the Household. They didn't give me a hard time.

ETA - Merrick wouldn't do it, nor would Chase.

Edited by DiamondEye

I did it a couple of months ago. Threw two Orchards into the Household. They didn't give me a hard time.

I had serveral friends that were allowed to combine at chase. I would try again, ask for a sup.

Thanks, I have been trying to find out info about this about Chase all day. I think I will wait til next month or maybe March to try it w/them. They ratejacked all but 1 of my cards. I'd like to take the one with the highest limit & highest APR & move most of the limit to the one they haven't ratejacked.

(& they didn't ratejack my Biz card either, but that's totally separate anyway.)