Sign in to follow this  
monica

Triad is now Santander Consumer USA

I have a repo that occured in 2003 and should be falling off in about 11 months. Now Triad is a new company called Santander Consumer USA and they made it look like my payment went late just one month ago and it now says due to fall off in 2016. How can they do this? And now what? Looking for advice since this was my last baddie and I have been already waiting about 6 years to get rid of this. It caused my score to tank and get rejected for an auto loan.

Edited by monica

This is a common occurrence lately. I would dispute it, wait for it to come back verified. Then I would report them to your states AG and the TX AG as that is where they are located. However, I have never received much help from the TX AG.

make sure you have both copies of those reports and I would dispute ONCE....

You have the proof it reaged - I would immedidately hand that over to my attorney... something that easy he would drool over :rofl:

Hope they don't do that to me, ours was redeemed though so there is no balance. Mine is supposed to fall off in June next year, I will be very upset if it doesn't.

I've been wondering about that. Our repo just got marked IIB as of 12/1/09. Our BK was in 2006....Is this reaging? It shows up as a derogatory acct.

How does yours report? Can you post it here so I can see if it's similar to mine?

Like Linx said, dispute it once, if it comes back verified, and you know it will...go after them.

:lol: remember, Santander Consumer USA is a Spanish company, they write the date, month in the opposite to U.S. but they enjoy screwing us with high interest rate.

The same thing happened to me when I sent Triad WhyChat's letter. This was the thread: ugh

I don't if its been reaged actually... I just know its a totally different account number and it doesnt include any info except that it was "settled for less than the full balance".

So I should go to my attorney with this? I disputed and they verified. The CS rep says they can report it as 11/2009 because that is when they took it over.

So I should go to my attorney with this? I disputed and they verified. The CS rep says they can report it as 11/2009 because that is when they took it over.

At the very least complain to the BBB and then threaten to sue them (not thru the BBB). Their excuse is BS because they are actually accurately reporting the date in which I opened the loan (7/2003).

I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do to get them off my CRs. I just disputed off the original Triad account so now i'm brainstorming with how to get the Santander TL off. I'm looking to buy a new car before summer...

Edited by BestLife2009