Sign in to follow this  
creditcardnoob

Jareds... APPROVED!!!!!!!! $5100 limit

Congrats everyone :angry:

I would apply but cant see myself paying 22% apr

these cards are excellent for lowering credit utilization, so the trick is to buy something and pay it in full before the statement cuts (to avoid paying interest). Once you make a purchase or two, you can throw the card into storage and let the accounts age :huh:

Congrats everyone :angry:

I would apply but cant see myself paying 22% apr

these cards are excellent for lowering credit utilization, so the trick is to buy something and pay it in full before the statement cuts (to avoid paying interest). Once you make a purchase or two, you can throw the card into storage and let the accounts age :huh:

I bought something recently and they had a 90-day no interest option for paying.

I had a kays for 2 yrs, apllied for and got JB and Jareds... that was like 4 months or so ago - my Kays limit went up to the limit of Jareds,, HOWEVER... i thought i received a new card from Kays in the mail - just set it aside.. was just doing the bills and thought I would clean out my wallet.. the numbers are not the same, called, 0 balance on this card (200 on other kays) registered online, full 9 yards - Somehow the jareds and JB apps generated a second Kays account for me... cant complain another 2300 in unused credit, but just curious as to HOW it could happen!

Awesome, I just got rid of my utilization worries with 5 minutes of work!

I had been agonizing over whether to close my Hooters card. At $700 it was my third largest limit (2nd largest non-store card) and a good chunk of my available credit, but the $8 monthly fee was absurd. I ended up closing it and figured it just meant a delay of a few weeks in getting to my utilization goals.

Earlier today I decided to apply for Jared's. Approved for $5000! My largest limit is $1500. Then I applied for Kay's and got another $5000.

I've only got about $2500 (less when my new statements post) in balances on open cards and another $1500 on closed cards. $10,000 puts my utilization under 20%, maybe close to 10%. Very interested to see my scores after these start reporting.

just to update the thread, 1 Sterling EQ INQ for both Kay's & Jared. :)

dropped DW's CCT FAKO from 726 to 717 though, super thin file.

I got approved by Jared for $10,000 back in June of 2009 when I purchased a $2000 item. If I apply for a Kay's today (9 months later) will I be hit with another hard INQ by Sterling?

Edited by Stockstar

I got approved by Jared for $10,000 back in June of 2009 when I purchased a $2000 item. If I apply for a Kay's today (9 months later) will I be hit with another hard INQ by Sterling?

Yep.

Yep.

gracias, so I guess the best bet for someone in the future would be to do the whole trifecta at once. Kays, Jared & whoever the other one is. :)

Sterling can KMA.

I was apporved for all three a few weeks ago, but they want a 20% deposit for all purchases. I asked how freaking long will the 20% requirement be on my accounts, the rep told me 1 year.

Looks like I will buy some piece of crap something or other for $20 every couple of months.

These cards, for me, are almost as bad as a CJ card. :unsure:

Edited by Bobbydebt

gracias, so I guess the best bet for someone in the future would be to do the whole trifecta at once. Kays, Jared & whoever the other one is. :unsure:

Some here have seen separate hards for each application, even when done very closely together. I applied online for all three within a one-hour window and still got two hard inqs. YMMV

I was apporved for all three a few weeks ago, but they want a 20% deposit for all purchases. I asked how freaking long will the 20% requirement be on my accounts, the rep told me 1 year.

Sorry that happened to you, BD. I still think that's weird as hell. Someone in another thread said it may depend on which type of financing you choose, i.e., interest-free, 3-month, etc. Did you ask them about that?

I don't blame you for being PO'd.

Sorry that happened to you, BD. I still think that's weird as hell. Someone in another thread said it may depend on which type of financing you choose, i.e., interest-free, 3-month, etc. Did you ask them about that?

I don't blame you for being PO'd.

I did ask, and it has nothing to do with the finance option I chose.

Buying $20-$40 junk every 3 months will be my plan.

I dont have awful credit, and have seen plenty of people with worse credit get approved without the 20% restriction. It is what it is, as long as it reports I am happy.

Tehee! Jared approved me for....

$300 CL.

Jeez. Oh well, it's triple what that HSBC Best Buy card gave me, so it's three times as much happy.

And I already applied for the Kay one, we'll see what happens.

[update] $300 CL for Kays. As expected, good to go. So now JB Robinson - aaand they said seven days. Glad to have more TLs, thanks CBers!

Edited by brainchasm

$300 CL.

Jeez. Oh well, it's triple what that HSBC Best Buy card gave me, so it's three times as much happy.

[update] $300 CL for Kays. As expected, good to go. So now JB Robinson - aaand they said seven days. Glad to have more TLs, thanks CBers!

Congrats! Now go get your Jared card. :(

JBR always gives the 7-day message. I wouldn't sweat it.

ETA: Oops... Ixnay on the Ared-jay. I mis-read.

Edited by Elizabeth_Speaking

$300 CL.

Congrats! Now go get your Jared card. :huh:

JBR always gives the 7-day message. I wouldn't sweat it.

ETA: Oops... Ixnay on the Ared-jay. I mis-read.

And to confirm/inform:

I got a hit on EX and EQ from Sterling for my troubles.

Make that a hit on all three: TU, EX, and EQ.

Each from Sterling. And I applied for all three cards (Kay, Jared, JB Robinsons) within minutes of each other.

Just an FYI.

I'm currently on the B* train, waiting for my first hit, so I am not too worried about adding single inquiries to each report, but I know some people have different concerns.

Edited by brainchasm

Thank you for applying for a Kay Jewelers Credit Account. We were unable to fully process your request for instant credit at this time. We will notify you via US mail of our decision regarding your request for a Kay Jewelers account within 20 business days.

For Jared's and for Kay's. Should I have hubby go in and apply? looks like a few people have done that with success. I'm bummed. TU is over 600 for sure and is pretty clean. EQ has a few issues and is high 500s as of Monday.

I think that message doesn't necessarily equal a denial, sometimes it just means they can't verify identity... so going in-store solves that problem.

RCJ

Thank you for applying for a Kay Jewelers Credit Account. We were unable to fully process your request for instant credit at this time. We will notify you via US mail of our decision regarding your request for a Kay Jewelers account within 20 business days.

For Jared's and for Kay's. Should I have hubby go in and apply? looks like a few people have done that with success. I'm bummed. TU is over 600 for sure and is pretty clean. EQ has a few issues and is high 500s as of Monday.

Make that a hit on all three: TU, EX, and EQ.

Each from Sterling. And I applied for all three cards (Kay, Jared, JB Robinsons) within minutes of each other.

Just an FYI.

I'm currently on the B* train, waiting for my first hit, so I am not too worried about adding single inquiries to each report, but I know some people have different concerns.

Hilarity!

Got my KAY card, my JARED card, and a denial from JB Robinson. Doh!

Says was unable to verify SSN/DOB and unable to verify employment.

Called, polite but miffed, and they did some research, and asked that I apply in person with a recent/current check stub, SS card, and DL.

Geez. Inconvenient. Oh, and denial letter said the info used was from TU. Maybe I should go take a good hard look at my TU CR.

i got the wait 20 days to hear from us message. guess i was denied :clapping: . applied to jared and kay within a minute of each other

TU 670 EQ 775

2 old baddies on my cr. collection. which are gonna fall off at the end of the year

Just an FYI about TLs. I got both in 2008. After purchasing something at Kays I got a CLI from 2900 to 4100 around holidays. Same letter from Jared's. I made another purchase at Kays in December, but have not made any at Jareds. On my CR the TL for Kays is 4100, Jareds is still at 2900. I'm guessing cause i never made a purchase there, they decided to keep original CL or just never reported the increase since i didn't use it. So even tho TLs are shared a bit, they vary according to activity as well.

Wow!!! So happy to find this thread!

I applied for both Jared & Kay after reading all the success stories. $5100 limit on both. Today I got a Score Watch Alert from myfico. Went online to check and my score jumped up to 663 today. It was at 642 yesterday!

Woooohooo! <_<

Wow!!! So happy to find this thread!

I applied for both Jared & Kay after reading all the success stories. $5100 limit on both. Today I got a Score Watch Alert from myfico. Went online to check and my score jumped up to 663 today. It was at 642 yesterday!

Woooohooo! <_<

congrats!

Omg, I was just approved for the Kay card with a $300 limit! lol. I have no credit score/history. Waiting for Jared now! I love you all! haha