what dog breed?

bluesmap

The last post in this topic was posted 4411 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

We have 2 Labs. I love them, even though sometimes they are PITAS.

Like when my Chocolate boy steals a brand new loaf of bread off the counter that someone left out. (He's a bread addict)...

Or when my Blondie girl smells up my bed (she has skin allergies) by getting in it...

Then there are times like yesterday... DS is playing "pirates" with his "treasure" I got on sale at Party City (all kinds of costume jewelery and a treasure box) after Halloween...

I come up the stairs to check on laundry and find my Blondie covered in "Jewels"...because "they were playing pirates together". :P:D:lol: Cutest thing ever.

Life with a Labrador, pretty much rocks.

Yep, they are excellent with kids.

I have a red nose pitt and a blue nose pitt bull I have had pitts my whole life and love them to death.

While pits are great dogs, they truly are. Poor things got such a bad rap. :-( Try insuring your home with a pit. NOT gonna happen.

Which leads me to something else VERY IMPORTANT to consider. Whatever dog you choose, make sure that your homeowner's insurance covers the dog.

thanks i didnt know i could do that (if i had a home)

I miss Molly, our Black Lab. I gave her to my cousin before we moved out here, since I didn't want her to be cooped up in an apartment.

Best pet adoption I ever did. Now? She's the "official" mascot for my cousin's 10-year old daughters volleyball team, and even has her own team jersey.

Best.Dog.Ever....and I love and miss her terribly. :lol::beee:

I have a lazy 13 year old basset hound and a 4 month old beagle puppy, along with 5 kids (3 step and 2 of my own).

God help me.

The beagle is actually one of the smartest dogs I've ever owned though. Very easy to train and she is great with all of the kids. If I could just stop her from her hoarding habit. Socks, pens, stuffed animals, sticks, leaves, pretty much anything that is on the floor or on the ground comes inside to her bed. Then after about an hour she'll take them from her bed, one by one, and move them to another location in the house. This goes on and on and on, moving her pile from one location to the next. LOL

Yesterday I got home from work and it seems as if the hoarder has become a little houdini now. She has learned how to grab the zipper on her crate and unzip it so she can get out while we're at work during the day. UGH. LOL

Dh wants a Boxer. His dad has a Boxer and they grew up with them as kids.

I want a Beagle and the kids want a Beagle.

I think we'll never have a dog. :huh:

I REALLY wanted a beagle too. When we were looking into getting a dog, I was torn between beagles, Boxers, and Labs. Beagles lost 'cause... I heard they're noisy :rofl:. Labs were bumped because they shed. Boxer FTW!

• 1 month later...

I think we'll never have a dog. :)

I REALLY wanted a beagle too. When we were looking into getting a dog, I was torn between beagles, Boxers, and Labs. Beagles lost 'cause... I heard they're noisy :rofl:. Labs were bumped because they shed. Boxer FTW!

Bumping this thread, 'cuz I went back and read it since it was mostly about Labs.

I think the kids are getting a Lab puppy! We're going to go look at one today! :(

I think we'll never have a dog. :mellow:

Bumping this thread, 'cuz I went back and read it since it was mostly about Labs.

I think the kids are getting a Lab puppy! We're going to go look at one today! :beee:

Nice choice! :lol:

Not that I am bias or anything.

I think the kids are getting a Lab puppy! We're going to go look at one today! :rofl:

make sure you and your family are trained to pick up shoes, socks, and really anything.... because if you get a pup, it WILL end up chewed. :rofl:

Well, *I* am trained to do it, but you know men and kids. :cry2:

We have been having the talk with kids that they MUST keep their things picked up. I think for now, we'll have a baby gate at the bottom of the stairs and keep him downstairs *for now*.

I'm so nervous! I feel like I'm having another kid. You should have seen me in Pet Smart freaking out about what brush to buy. :rofl:

I think we'll never have a dog. :rofl:

I think the kids are getting a Lab puppy! We're going to go look at one today! :rofl:

Nice choice! :rofl:

Not that I am bias or anything.

I love the Golden Retrievers too, but we couldn't find ANY around here.

We were originally going to go with a little smaller dog--but I think this will be a good choice. Good family/kid dog and well as big enough to be protective as well.

Now, getting the kids to agree on a name. I *thought* they'd agreed on Jack. Dd is having second thoughts and wants something different. :cry2:

The last post in this topic was posted 4411 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.