Sign in to follow this  
GFT

GEMB CLI - Now requires HARD Inquiry

I called to get a CLI at activation on my GEMB/Amazon. Was about a day or so after application. They didn't pull a hard.

:lol:

did they give you an increase?

I called to get a CLI at activation on my GEMB/Amazon. Was about a day or so after application. They didn't pull a hard.

:)

did they give you an increase?

No, but he did look at my report because he was asking some specific questions. Said I could expect a letter in the mail explaining why and wouldn't give me any other information on the reason for denial.

I was getting them every 4 months "HARD FREE" on my Paypal Buyer's Credit.. But this time around it doesn't seem to be working.

sent me the form to fill out my annual income. they wont do anything until they have it on file. no denial of cli but no approval either.

result of card act?

sent me the form to fill out my annual income. they wont do anything until they have it on file. no denial of cli but no approval either.

result of card act?

choice of issuer.

GEMB is going to suck now. I got the same form - "we need to know your annual income". Called them and told them, then got a denial letter in the mail. Oh well...

result of card act?

No part of the law makes one state their income (as far as I know)

I got a whopping, astounding $300 increase on a GEMB Chevron Card just last week by clicking on the button with no pull at all, hard or soft. Previous clicks (within the first 4 months of opening the card) resulted in denial and a letter but still no pull at all. They ARE pulling AR's alternating through the big three at a rate of about one a month.

EVEN THOUGH SOME HERE SPOUT THEIR MANTRA ABOUT IGNORE THEM THEY WON'T HURT...$150 CLI WITH A HARD

IS TOO HIGH OF A COST TO CHOKE DOWN

(even if it was $500 or $1,000)

Why does every statement from you have to be stated in the form of an argument?

more and more subprime everyday. GEMB is one to avoid. This reminds me to close my lowes card.

Why do you only pick out the points that suit your purpose and assume they are true? GEMB gave me a hard free CLI today via the luv button. No more sub prime than last month, or last year.

I got a CLI from CareCredit....didnt realize they pulled a hard on me until i saw my reports a month later....tripled my CL though, so i wasnt too mad :lol: and i need the card, so its all luvvvv

GEMB is going to suck now.

now?

store cards with no rewards. :lol:

Relatively speaking, I suppose... :grin:

Depends on what you call a "REWARD"

==============================

HARD FREE CLI's ARE REWARDS

I call float time a REWARD

Cash over at the register is a REWARD

Being able to pay at the register and get instant "AVAILABLE" credit is a REWARD

0.00% APR for 12 months is a REWARD

YOU FEAR STORE CARDS...DON'T APPLY THEN

Edited by GEORGE

Some Atty or credit association advised them to ask for income with the CLI they are asking more and more I see. From HSBC, CITI, Nord, GEMB. Unless they give it they have all asked me since late Jan-Feb of this year.

Why do you only pick out the points that suit your purpose and assume they are true? GEMB gave me a hard free CLI today via the luv button. No more sub prime than last month, or last year.

take your pick:

1) because I can

2) because I am not required to believe everything you say

3) because there is no clear definition of prime and subprime

(number three is my favorite)

perhaps you should go check out other threads where members selectively criticize a lender and ask them too? what is so special about me that prompted you to ask in the first place?

GEMB did it to me with my Walmart card. Usually they would say, "use the card every four months and we'll give you an increase" and this is the one card I PIF every time (except when it's over $100; then it takes two payments). The increase is about $100-$120 or so, but this time when I got the message, they said, "We pulled TU - we think you won't be able to keep up with the minimum payments, so send us your income or we won't consider your increase."

My response?

If they're asking for income (which was good and put a HUGE dent in other debts I've had) for them to give me a toy CLI, they can keep it. They can also stow their stupid "It's Just Business" mantra too.

GEMB did it to me with my Walmart card. Usually they would say, "use the card every four months and we'll give you an increase" and this is the one card I PIF every time (except when it's over $100; then it takes two payments). The increase is about $100-$120 or so, but this time when I got the message, they said, "We pulled TU - we think you won't be able to keep up with the minimum payments, so send us your income or we won't consider your increase."

My response?

If they're asking for income (which was good and put a HUGE dent in other debts I've had) for them to give me a toy CLI, they can keep it. They can also stow their stupid "It's Just Business" mantra too.

"IT IS JUST BUSINESS" mantra is from the people here who think that it is no big deal

when you get a CLD or HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT CLOSED or GET APR JACKAGE and you did nothing wrong

Usually one must do something WRONG before they get punished

Edited by GEORGE

Hey, while we're talking about GEMB, I have had my Old Navy store card and Old Navy VISA for more than four months and still can't get a CLI. Do you think it might be because I have not USED it for four month? I used and paid it for two months and then it has been at a zero balance for the last two months, and they say "not enough experience at this credit limit" and "need four months' payment history."

Do they not count months in which nothing was charged, and thus, there was no payment?

Hey, while we're talking about GEMB, I have had my Old Navy store card and Old Navy VISA for more than four months and still can't get a CLI. Do you think it might be because I have not USED it for four month? I used and paid it for two months and then it has been at a zero balance for the last two months, and they say "not enough experience at this credit limit" and "need four months' payment history."

Do they not count months in which nothing was charged, and thus, there was no payment?

GE MONEY BANK usually doesn't reward NON USE

I've been told, and it is consistent with my experience, that you need 4 payments (on different statements, 4 payments in one month doesn't count) at the current credit limit before being eligible for a CLI.

So yeah, I can't see how 2 payments and then 2 months at zero balance would meet the 4 months payment history requirement, since as you say they don't count months where you don't make a payment.

If you PIF, you would have to make at least one charge during each of 4 statement periods to be able to make 4 payments... I usually just make a small charge and spread the payments over 4 months; I don't mind paying a few bucks in interest.

RCJ

take your pick:

1) because I can

2) because I am not required to believe everything you say

3) because there is no clear definition of prime and subprime

(number three is my favorite)

perhaps you should go check out other threads where members selectively criticize a lender and ask them too? what is so special about me that prompted you to ask in the first place?

Because in this thread you and George were the only 2 posting opinions solely to hear yourselves type and who clearly have agendas (directly opposing as they may be).

I didn't post anything requesting your stamp of approval but I can easily post a screen shot of CCT showing Wal Mart limit 3 weeks ago, and last week, as well as the Inq page.

I don't just pick on you, I pick on people who post half truths to further their position without concern for the negative impact. In every single GEMB thread there are 2 standards, George defending them and you blasting them. At least you seem to change up the wording though it's almost as cut and paste as far as the message is concerned. No new data, just mantra as George would say.

Carry on since it doesn't go against the TOS, just annoying is all. I'd rather read posts where you use your vast knowledge to give first hand information instead of fitting into the "George cut and paste before thinking" bin.