Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Dominos asking for ID on cards as well!

The last post in this topic was posted 3697 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ordered pizza for the kids at dominos online. After checkout (with credit card), the website read "Please have valid photo ID and credit card available for driver".

I was waiting for the pizza to show up as well as tell the driver I was not producing ID for either pizza or a card.

However, driver did not even ask for card, ID, or signature.

Ordered pizza for the kids at dominos online. After checkout (with credit card), the website read "Please have valid photo ID and credit card available for driver".

I was waiting for the pizza to show up as well as tell the driver I was not producing ID for either pizza or a card.

However, driver did not even ask for card, ID, or signature.

PIZZA HUT had the same thing for a TO GO order from the internet

I had the CREDIT CARD POLICY READY

They turn it into a CARD PRESENT TRANSACTION if they get the card at the door

Some have said they just make a rubbing of the card numbers and name

Well the official policy is one thing, and the drivers is far from that! He didnt even know about a card or signature. He just handed me the pizza and left asap, must have had al ot of orders.

I could call a couple hours later and say where is my pizza!!!!!!!!!!

Why would you not have the credit card available? :(

I was not referring to not having the card available. I was referring to having to show a drivers license to the pizza boy when using a credit card online. Of course, had the card available but irks me when they ask for Identification.

Why would you not have the credit card available? :(

I was not referring to not having the card available. I was referring to having to show a drivers license to the pizza boy when using a credit card online. Of course, had the card available but irks me when they ask for Identification.

what is even more amazing is that you were willing to forego your meal over some feigned indignant nature...

Why would you not have the credit card available? <_<

what is even more amazing is that you were willing to forego your meal over some feigned indignant nature...

I wasn't planning on foregoing the meal. I will go along with showing my ID if necessary (not George). Only time I didn't was in a restaurant when the waitress tried to walk off with it (small town in Wyoming).

I just thought it strange they A NATIONAL CHAIN, mention to show id and cc to pizza boy upon delivery (clearly violating the VS/MC policy).

Why would you not have the credit card available? :ph34r:

I wasn't planning on foregoing the meal. I will go along with showing my ID if necessary (not George). Only time I didn't was in a restaurant when the waitress tried to walk off with it (small town in Wyoming).

I just thought it strange they A NATIONAL CHAIN, mention to show id and cc to pizza boy upon delivery (clearly violating the VS/MC policy).

ID FOR A CARDBOARD PIZZA???

Try PIZZA HUT or PAPA JOHNS

Why would you not have the credit card available? :ph34r:

ID FOR A CARDBOARD PIZZA???

Try PIZZA HUT or PAPA JOHNS

I usually get Papa John's since it is what I lived on through college.

Kids wanted Dominos, and really all taste about the same. Pizza Hut wanted too much.

No ID produced so all is good! :wave:

I personally have no problem showing ID when asked, I know they are just trying to save themselves from fraud. Plus, I have had my indentity stolen and people have written checks in my name WITHOUT ID and places like pizza hut accepted them. Now, I show ID whenever I use my debit card.

I personally have no problem showing ID when asked, I know they are just trying to save themselves from fraud. Plus, I have had my indentity stolen and people have written checks in my name WITHOUT ID and places like pizza hut accepted them. Now, I show ID whenever I use my debit card.

IF YOU FEEL SAFER SHOWING ID...go for it

FOR MY PROTECTION...I DON'T SHOW ID

Every merchant is required to accept V/MC without ID. With checks, they decide. Fraud is the cost of doing business.

Sign the card, use as credit and you aren't liable.

Edited by improper_validation

Every merchant is required to accept V/MC without ID. With checks, they decide. Fraud is the cost of doing business.

oh yay...another zero liability fan who apparently has never had to try and undo the damage created by fraud. Get back to us on that when you have to undo nearly $200K in losses...

oh yay...another zero liability fan who apparently has never had to try and undo the damage created by fraud. Get back to us on that when you have to undo nearly $200K in losses...

I don't use debit if you're referring to that at all.

If somebody steals each and every one of my cards, maxxes them out, etc., I'm liable for a maximum of $50 on each by law, and $0 by the issuers advertising.

If they don't live up to the law, they can speak with my states BCCP(Consumer Credit Protection), if they can't fix it, hello lawyer.

Just because I am not liable, doesn't mean I don't care if my card is used for fraud. I am more concerned with stopping the fraud than my privacy or whatever right you feel is given up. I actually don't feel that strongly about it either way. As far as I am concerned as long as it is the banks that eats it, they can do whatever they want.

I think Domino's puts that on there just to scare away the kids who have stolen a card. It probably stops a majority of the dumb thugs. Putting that statement on the internet isn't against the rules, following through is. Besides, I like my pizza hot, and would rather eat than argue.

Imagine the kid just trying to make a buck having to get educated to Visa rules by you guys. I guess it teaches him the joys of working with the public. :)

Guest Atmosphere

So now they have not only your name, address, phone number, and credit card information, but also your driver's license number and date of birth.

Good way to get your identity stolen.

If somebody steals each and every one of my cards, maxxes them out, etc., I'm liable for a maximum of $50 on each by law, and $0 by the issuers advertising.

If they don't live up to the law, they can speak with my states BCCP(Consumer Credit Protection), if they can't fix it, hello lawyer.

NO, I was NOT speaking of debit. I speak from the personal experience of finding out I was victimized (along with the various lenders) to the tune of roughly $200K. Zero liability did NOTHING towards making me whole.

And for those that claim ID does nothing, much of the loss in my case could have been prevented by ASKING FOR ID. Further, there are a number of federal prosecutions that have come about in other cases PRECISELY because a clerk asked for ID and the actions that followed resulted in arrest soon after the suspect left the store.

NO, I was NOT speaking of debit. I speak from the personal experience of finding out I was victimized (along with the various lenders) to the tune of roughly $200K. Zero liability did NOTHING towards making me whole.

And for those that claim ID does nothing, much of the loss in my case could have been prevented by ASKING FOR ID. Further, there are a number of federal prosecutions that have come about in other cases PRECISELY because a clerk asked for ID and the actions that followed resulted in arrest soon after the suspect left the store.

That's not ApprovedSpeak for this forum. :grin:

I just feel that Visa/MC have their policy regarding the merchant agreement, but rarely enforce things if it is reported.

So more and more businesses are asking for ID. It is NOT to protect us the consumer, but them.

I have this outlook that they are only matching names to the card.

HOWEVER, You never know if the store hired that bad apple.

As an earlier poster suggested, they have all your info since you ordered your pizza at home! That is kind of scary. MANY businesses here are doing that, even Arby's chain. I complained to Arbys Int'l., as well as MC but did nothing.

Then I think back when I first started out working nights at hotels when in college. We had ALL your info, as well as card number. Up until around 1999 or so a copy of the card was made front and back. FORTUNATELY 99%+ of people are honest.

So now they have not only your name, address, phone number, and credit card information, but also your driver's license number and date of birth.

Good way to get your identity stolen.

SOME FOOLS INSIST THEY TAKE THEIR ID...even if it is a violation of credit card policy

Centex:

1) It is not illegal to refuse to show ID to a store clerk, nor does it make one a "suspect'.

2) A clerk or manager is not allowed to confiscate your card. That would be theft.

3) If a customer refuses to show ID and the store does not honor the card, it is a BREACH OF CONTRACT .

Centex:

1) It is not illegal to refuse to show ID to a store clerk, nor does it make one a "suspect'.

2) A clerk or manager is not allowed to confiscate your card. That would be theft.

3) If a customer refuses to show ID and the store does not honor the card, it is a BREACH OF CONTRACT .

It might be a breach of contract, but also charging to use a credit card is a breach as well, but many business still do that practice, so I doubt they care much about breaching the contract.

Further, there are a number of federal prosecutions that have come about in other cases PRECISELY because a clerk asked for ID

Papers, please.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Smoothblak
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines