Sign in to follow this  
NeverQuietHere

AHHHHHHHHHH CA put DH's SS # on the envelope

Hi,

On 28th August, the “Missouri Data Breach Notification Law,†or House Bill 62 took effect, this bill enforces care and attention of residents personal information (Social Security Numbers, Driver’s Licence Numbers, and information which could be used to access a residents financial accounts).

Googling "Missouri Data Breach Notification Law" should give you the actual text of the law.

willjr20

HIGH SPEED OCR ADDRESS and ZIP CODE READERS

high speed OCRs dont sit at the front desk filing their nails while chatting on the phone and stamping the mail.

nor do they use their cell phone to take pictures of people's information for later use. :rolleyes:

:angel:

IT IS A MACHINE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW

HIGH SPEED OCR ADDRESS and ZIP CODE READERS

high speed OCRs dont sit at the front desk filing their nails while chatting on the phone and stamping the mail.

nor do they use their cell phone to take pictures of people's information for later use. :good:

;)

IT IS A MACHINE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW

How do you imagine the envelopes get INTO the machine? Magic?

Are you really this dense or do you say these things just to amuse the masses here on CB?

You are one of the people saying you won't show your ID at a POS for FEAR of ID theft, but it's ok to mail an envelope with a SSN on the outside?

B):rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow, just WOW. Where's the smiley banging it's head on the table?

I been wanting one for years.

In the meantime, you just have to settle for the myriad face palm images :rofl:

my favorite is the one recently posted with the 2 characters from Star Trek: Next Generation :rofl:

Captain Picard and Ryker (a/k/a "Number One") :rolleyes:

I love all the useful responses!!! This thread displays what CB is all about. OP I hope you make the suckers pay!!

I was just thinking the same thing!! Thank you (original poster) for sharing your experience with the rest of us, and thank you everyone else for helping out! I never knew stuff like this happens ( stupid people writing socials on the envelopes), and I wouldn't have known what to do if this did happen to me.

With that being said, George, what's your point to your posts?? Should this person just assume that a machine does all the work at the post office, not one postal employee is shady enough to steal someone's identity just because you say some show on tv told you so? Well you know what, I saw a show on tv about identity theft where restaurant servers scan your credit card into a card reader RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU to steal your identity, and you wouldn't even know it happened. Identity theft is a serious problem, and your dismissive replys disturb me. Are all 70,000 of your posts like this?

Anyways, on behalf of myself, anyone else browsing the forum, and especially the original poster - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone for taking a few minutes and contributing to help this situation be resolved with appropriate measure - it is a serious problem!!!

consumers need to protect themselves when CAs and other companies do wrong. I don't know why someone would discourage the OP given the information here.

This letter was NOT put through a machine. My husband works for the PO....If it had been put through a machine, the machine would have picked up the social security number (since it was under the zip code) and it would not have been sent to our home.

Ok the TV program I saw about HIGH SPEED OCR ADDRESS and ZIP CODE READERS was a total fabrication (LIE)

:rolleyes:

The bar code at the bottom on the envelope means nothing either

with your fancy eye roll there, are you suggesting that no laws were broken???????????????????????????

Here's a smiley for you George. B) On a side note, what's the deal on you editing all your posts? (I really don't care to hear an answer, just something I noticed, and think is odd).

I love all the useful responses!!! This thread displays what CB is all about. OP I hope you make the suckers pay!!

I was just thinking the same thing!! Thank you (original poster) for sharing your experience with the rest of us, and thank you everyone else for helping out! I never knew stuff like this happens ( stupid people writing socials on the envelopes), and I wouldn't have known what to do if this did happen to me.

With that being said, George, what's your point to your posts?? Should this person just assume that a machine does all the work at the post office, not one postal employee is shady enough to steal someone's identity just because you say some show on tv told you so? Well you know what, I saw a show on tv about identity theft where restaurant servers scan your credit card into a card reader RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU to steal your identity, and you wouldn't even know it happened. Identity theft is a serious problem, and your dismissive replys disturb me. Are all 70,000 of your posts like this?

Anyways, on behalf of myself, anyone else browsing the forum, and especially the original poster - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone for taking a few minutes and contributing to help this situation be resolved with appropriate measure - it is a serious problem!!!

consumers need to protect themselves when CAs and other companies do wrong. I don't know why someone would discourage the OP given the information here.

This letter was NOT put through a machine. My husband works for the PO....If it had been put through a machine, the machine would have picked up the social security number (since it was under the zip code) and it would not have been sent to our home.

Ok the TV program I saw about HIGH SPEED OCR ADDRESS and ZIP CODE READERS was a total fabrication (LIE)

:rolleyes:

The bar code at the bottom on the envelope means nothing either

with your fancy eye roll there, are you suggesting that no laws were broken???????????????????????????

Here's a smiley for you George. : stop : On a side note, what's the deal on you editing all your posts? (I really don't care to hear an answer, just something I noticed, and think is odd).

WELCOME TO THE HATE and BAIT CLUB

B)

Nothing more to add...JUST HAD TO MAKE SOMETHING UP

EDIT WAS LEGAL LAST I KNEW

[EDIT] AGAIN

HATE THAT STOP SMILEY CRAP

Edited by GEORGE

Hi,

On 28th August, the “Missouri Data Breach Notification Law,†or House Bill 62 took effect, this bill enforces care and attention of residents personal information (Social Security Numbers, Driver’s Licence Numbers, and information which could be used to access a residents financial accounts).

Googling "Missouri Data Breach Notification Law" should give you the actual text of the law.

willjr20

:dntknw: Thank you, I will look that up.

For a newbie, you catch on quickly.

I'd estimate about 5 variations of replies grouped into about 10 categories spread over 69,946 posts would be more accurate.

I love the value of this thread, even if it does have a lack of value peppered throughout. :dntknw:

OMG :P:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I just noticed that. They put his social security number under our address!!!! That means that any and all of the people that handled this mail had access to it.

I AM P*SSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, this is the SAME CA that just sent us a letter telling us they will remove the Hard inquiries if we send them a signed letter stating we want them removed and they will forward it to the CRA.

YA, they will NOT get anything with our signature on it. I AM LIVID!!! How careless. Really. Or else vindictive.

I would send that letter to the CRAs. Im sure experian would love to reply and say its just a matter of record. Im sure the CRA might wonder why they are using that ''record of fact' as ''leverage' :P

OMG :P:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I just noticed that. They put his social security number under our address!!!! That means that any and all of the people that handled this mail had access to it.

BTW, this is the SAME CA that just sent us a letter telling us they will remove the Hard inquiries if we send them a signed letter stating we want them removed and they will forward it to the CRA.

YA, they will NOT get anything with our signature on it. I AM LIVID!!! How careless. Really. Or else vindictive.

What difference does it make? How are identity thieves going to do to do anything with his SS# anyway?

What difference does it make? How are identity thieves going to do to do anything with his SS# anyway?

You don't think they could do anything with your name, address, and SSN?

OMG <_<:dntknw::lol::angry::angry::angry:

Then feel free to put your SSN where your mouth is and post it up. It's much safer here than on an envelope so surely you would have no fear of posting it here.

I think, that for MOST (and I stress most for obvious reasons) people above the age of four KNOW that your social security number is kept quiet and out of the reach of just about everybody. It doesn't take a genius to use someone's social against them. CFJ has every reason to be angry and should definitely find any route imaginable for this.

And don't worry PS2779, most of us on CB are on this "hate club" as he gets angry with anybody who has a point of view against his...... no matter how blatently obvious the opposing point may be.

Go get'm CFJ! Keep us updated. <_<

For a newbie, you catch on quickly.

I'd estimate about 5 variations of replies grouped into about 10 categories spread over 69,946 posts would be more accurate.

I love the value of this thread, even if it does have a lack of value peppered throughout. :aggressive:

LOL. you are too kind!

...What difference does it make? How are identity thieves going to do to do anything with his SS# anyway?

Process Server eh?

and the most useless post of this thread award goes to.....

INQUIRES can be done with-out SS#

Can't credit fraud be done with AND with-out SS#

:)

SUE THEM FOR $1,000,000

Collecting won't be that easy

GOOD LUCK...

Edited by GEORGE

SS NUMBER was never intended to be used except for SOCIAL SECURITY and INCOME TAXES

Is it MY fault it was on an envelope from somebody other than SSA or STATE or FEDERAL TAXES???

THERE HAVE BEEN STORIES OF MAIL CARRIERS OF DUMPING "JUNK MAIL" IN STORM DRAINS

...and taking it home and storing it in their house for many years (or decades)

The letter could have ended up in the storm drain

SS NUMBER was never intended to be used except for SOCIAL SECURITY and INCOME TAXES

Is it MY fault it was on an envelope from somebody other than SSA or STATE or FEDERAL TAXES???

I don't even know why I am wasting my time...but SSN's are used for more than you think.

Ever hear of an institution called the DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE???

Even they recognize that a SSN should not be displayed. ID theft is a concern for every military member...and the DoD has moved to have the data removed from ID cards.

But as you always say, what would you know...you are just an salamander.

THERE HAVE BEEN STORIES OF MAIL CARRIERS OF DUMPING "JUNK MAIL" IN STORM DRAINS

...and taking it home and storing it in their house for many years (or decades)

The letter could have ended up in the storm drain

Or in the hands of someone digging through postal sewage for nefarious reasons.

I've worked around MICR and OCR technology for many years.

You throw in something unexpected like an SS#, and it's going to kick back that item for manual processing.

MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD SAYS...

FOR SOCIAL SECURITY and INCOME TAX PURPOSES ONLY...NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION

See the last part there...

MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD SAYS...

FOR SOCIAL SECURITY and INCOME TAX PURPOSES ONLY...NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION

See the last part there...

Dude. That's for the card itself...not the number that was issued to you ON the card.

picard_facepalm_gore.gif