Sign in to follow this  
establishedin1985

Whats The Special Bank of America Number?

Awhile back I found a phone number on this forum for bank of america. I called and I got a live operator, and they increased my credit line manually based on my account balances. Sorry if this is causing a repost but I couldent find it with the search function. Anyone have a number to reach BofA at to request a credit line increase manually? When I call the 800 number they just do the same thing I can do online.

not sure what the current number is, but be VERY AWARE that some are seeing unintended consequence from ANY contact with BofA. The current consensus seems to be DO NOT CALL unless you are willing to risk the loss of most of the line...

not sure what the current number is, but be VERY AWARE that some are seeing unintended consequence from ANY contact with BofA. The current consensus seems to be DO NOT CALL unless you are willing to risk the loss of most of the line...

+1

But if you are undeterred ( :blink: ), here is the info I got previously from the "backdoor number" mega-thread:

BOA: 800-732-9194 (dept. unknown)

BOA: 866-865-7842; 866-506-5067 (Credit Dept. Analysts/Recon)

BOA: 302-741-1825 (Recon)

BOA: 800-421-2110 (for cli ? )

Good luck, if you decide to chance it. ;)

+1

While working on my score....I paid off a $1000 card and they reduced my limit to $600 on next statement. I've had this card for 5 years....what a joke.

Unless you are NOT carrying a balance and plan on PIF'ing every month, I wouldn't call BOA AT ALL. They are very jumpy right now and not likely to grant CLI's anyways unless you have stellar credit. Think twice!

On the other hand, they gave Dear Wife a big limit

increase (around 20%) for NOT asking. We do keep

balances below 10% and either pay in full or leave a

few bucks showing.

Sad thing is, there is NO message from them. Just an

increase in the credit line. And if we call to ask, they

could "re-visit" (slash) the account. We will stay off the

phone and hope that they get around to writing.

ER

I wouldnt ask for a cli from them .3 months ago I hit the cli button left how much i wanted blank next day i logged in they took $2000 away from me .Now the card is sitting in the sock draw and will sit there till they close it.

I had issues with them too. I had the secured card, which became an unsecured card with a CLI. Once I paid it off, I got a letter that they closed it. Seriously??

I clicked the BOA luv button, and was directed to a number. After calling the number, they CL........ Ied me (by 100%!)! I was shocked to say the least. Not enough to unToyify the card but the outcome was.... unexpected. I don't know what is going on over at BOA but I suspect that they don't know what's going on either. Given that, YMMV.