Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
LillyAnn76

DMP Companies - Good or Bad?

I hope this is ok to ask.

Can we start a list of DMP companies that members have had good or bad dealings with?

I understand that not everyone will have the same results. But, if we can list companies and allow the members to tell us how their experience with specific companies went, then we can make our own decisions.

I like this idea.

Incharge - so far good

Thank you.

I was hoping someone would post there experiences with one of the companies, either good or bad.

I used BSI back in 2002-03 (recommended on Oprah & I checked them out on the BBB site). At the time $5.00 handling fee for each account (I had 3 they handled). They worked with my creditors to lower interest rates, erased various fees, and put me on a plan that I could afford. Auto-debited my account each month (my choice, you can send money orders) until the balances were paid in full--took a couple of years.

I just needed to get a handle on my bills post 9/11.

Scores started off in the 500s and you can see below what they are today. I was able to monitor by watching my statements each month with creditors dwindle. I am in NYC, but they are based out of FL, they were always available to speak with me. No negative marks on my CRs as a result & each creditor still extends me credit & then some this very day. Wonderful experience!!

$15.00 well spent not to stress & worry about ruining my credit/bill collectors calling & harrassing me.

PM me if you want their contact info to explore further.

I used BSI back in 2002-03 (recommended on Oprah & I checked them out on the BBB site). At the time $5.00 handling fee for each account (I had 3 they handled). They worked with my creditors to lower interest rates, erased various fees, and put me on a plan that I could afford. Auto-debited my account each month (my choice, you can send money orders) until the balances were paid in full--took a couple of years.

Scores started off in the 500s and you can see below what they are today. I was able to monitor by watching my statements each month with creditors dwindle. I am in NYC, but they are based out of FL, they were always available to speak with me. No negative marks on my CRs as a result & each creditor still extends me credit & then some this very day. Wonderful experience!!

$15.00 well spent not to stress & worry about ruining my credit/bill collectors calling & harrassing me.

Congrats on your success!!

Thanks for the input.

$5 per acct per month?

I have $52,000 in unsecured debt and barely able to make the minimum payments. I've been looking on the web for a reputable debt settlement co. and was thinking about going with a company call Curadebt. They have many accreditations but after reading the posts on here about Incharge and Greenpath I believe Curadebt is too expensive. I've already spoke with 3 different debt settlement companies in the past few weeks, Pathway Financial, Impact Debt Relief, and Curadebt, but my gut tells me not to do it. Pathway was pushy in setting up the account as soon as possible, the person at Impact was great to talk with but their fees are really high though they say it is because they are attorney backed, and Curadebt seemed the best until I starting reading here. I have been frantically reading on the internet for a couple of weeks now trying to figure out the best route. Does Incharge and Greenpath work in every state? I've also read where you should just go to NFCC.org but I had a family member who tried that a few years ago and never could get anyone to contact them back. Sounds like Incharge or Greenpath may be the way to go if they work in my state.

I have $52,000 in unsecured debt and barely able to make the minimum payments. I've been looking on the web for a reputable debt settlement co. and was thinking about going with a company call Curadebt. They have many accreditations but after reading the posts on here about Incharge and Greenpath I believe Curadebt is too expensive. I've already spoke with 3 different debt settlement companies in the past few weeks, Pathway Financial, Impact Debt Relief, and Curadebt, but my gut tells me not to do it. Pathway was pushy in setting up the account as soon as possible, the person at Impact was great to talk with but their fees are really high though they say it is because they are attorney backed, and Curadebt seemed the best until I starting reading here. I have been frantically reading on the internet for a couple of weeks now trying to figure out the best route. Does Incharge and Greenpath work in every state? I've also read where you should just go to NFCC.org but I had a family member who tried that a few years ago and never could get anyone to contact them back. Sounds like Incharge or Greenpath may be the way to go if they work in my state.

Debt management plans (DMP) and debt settlement are very different things altogether.

Under a DMP, the purpose of the plan is to repay the debts 100%, though generally with reduced interest rates and (in some cases) lower monthly payments. Debt settlement is meant to have you pay back less than what you actually owe.

I'd highly recommend you read the threads by radi8 at the top of this forum for a more detailed explanation, but I'd say "trust your gut."

High pressure sales tactics are not a good sign that the company is really thinking about your best interests.

Thanks so much for the info. I did read the threads and they helped me understand things much better. Thanks again for the quick reply.

Debt management plans (DMP) and debt settlement are very different things altogether.

Under a DMP, the purpose of the plan is to repay the debts 100%, though generally with reduced interest rates and (in some cases) lower monthly payments. Debt settlement is meant to have you pay back less than what you actually owe.

I'd highly recommend you read the threads by radi8 at the top of this forum for a more detailed explanation, but I'd say "trust your gut."

High pressure sales tactics are not a good sign that the company is really thinking about your best interests.

I hope this is ok to ask.

Can we start a list of DMP companies that members have had good or bad dealings with?

I understand that not everyone will have the same results. But, if we can list companies and allow the members to tell us how their experience with specific companies went, then we can make our own decisions.

I like this idea.

Incharge - so far good

Thank you.

I was hoping someone would post there experiences with one of the companies, either good or bad.

Incharge is 39.00 per month and cancels all credit cards accounts so you loose your cards until you complete the plan then you can try to get another card

You can do Debt Settlement yourself. No reason to pay these jokers 25 to 30% of what the debt is at. Trust me. I use to work for one. What's the creditor? Collection Agency?

Companies that usally offer DMP (Debt Management Plan) are Credit Counseling Services. CCCSF of San Francisco is a very good company to work with