Sign in to follow this  
sk8erchick

transunion flagged me for using cct

i applied for discover card a few weeks ago and i got a letter in the mail today....i called discover to verify information for my application. a discover card rep told me one of the reasons i was denied was having too many inquires. i asked the rep to read me the inquiries and he only named 5. so this rep told me the application said i had 19 inquiries and transuion flagged my account as possible fraud. has anyone else heard of this? are our inquiries really not disappearing from cct or is transunion counting soft inquiries in flagging people accounts now...what is going on?

i applied for discover card a few weeks ago and i got a letter in the mail today....i called discover to verify information for my application. a discover card rep told me one of the reasons i was denied was having too many inquires. i asked the rep to read me the inquiries and he only named 5. so this rep told me the application said i had 19 inquiries and transuion flagged my account as

possible fraud.

has anyone else heard of this? are our inquiries really not disappearing from cct or is transunion counting soft inquiries in flagging people accounts now...what is going on?

"THIS IS NEWS TO ME...WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE...SEND ME A COPY"

Edited by GEORGE

Its Tu.when I was refinancing my house 2 banks asked why was my TU report is being pulled so much.I said I only had one hard .TU lets them know how many times your report has been pulled in last 30 days by using your ss# or your address.

You can also see it your self under special messages on a hard copy report

Were you able to get the recon approved, or did it stay a denial?

they said denied due to being flagged by transunion as a possible flag. the rep told me to clear this up with transunion and reapply in 30 days. i'm not going to reapply til next year because i think those inquiries never disappear the ones that were b. no need to put more inquiries on my tu if i'm just going to get denied.

i applied for discover card a few weeks ago and i got a letter in the mail today....i called discover to verify information for my application. a discover card rep told me one of the reasons i was denied was having too many inquires. i asked the rep to read me the inquiries and he only named 5. so this rep told me the application said i had 19 inquiries and transuion flagged my account as

possible fraud.

has anyone else heard of this? are our inquiries really not disappearing from cct or is transunion counting soft inquiries in flagging people accounts now...what is going on?

the rep told me i would have to contact transunion to find out about the possible fraud. i think i'm going to call discover monday and see if i can get another rep.

possible fraud.

the rep told me i would have to contact transunion to find out about the possible fraud. i think i'm going to call discover monday and see if i can get another rep.

there are such things as fraud scores. I think you are wasting your time with discover.

its just strange that the rep is telling me that transunion said i had to many inquiries. and transunion is the reason for denial. but the other post is using another agency advanced resolution services to collect inquiries...so it seems they are not really using transunion. the lies....

too many inqs and being "flagged" for fraud can be two different problems.

remember that the CRAs keep a tally of the "number of times this SSN has been entered into the system" during the past 90 days (or 60, etc.).

Edited by hegemony

possible fraud.

there are such things as fraud scores. I think you are wasting your time with discover.

youre right...i forgot about that. the fico scores we cant see.