Sign in to follow this  
faztcobra

New search functionality now works...

If you're using the default board style "subsilver", then you have this new functionality. You have the ability to search for a topic by "search title only". The example I gave in an earlier post was RJM. If you searched for RJM, before you came up with 90+ posts and now if you search by "title only" - it'll return 33 results. The posts you find will hopefully be more geared to what you're looking for. Hopefully this'll help out the newbies more, as well as the vets. When searching for something specific, you won't be so bombarded with results that you may find what you're looking for in a quicker manner.

Thanks again Pam!!

Fazt

See? In most cases, if you want/need additional functionality to the board, all you gotta do is ask :D

BTW, be forewarned, the next modification will be limiting the size of signatures, and maybe the size of images included in posts.

:wink:

Just tried it and found EXACTLY what I wanted in two searches in less than 10 seconds.
Woo hoo!

Had you done that search before and came back with TONS of posts?

Searched for "national and city" and came back w/ 385 topics.

Used that search with "title only" and came back w/ 43 matches.

I truly love this!

Great new feature!

Pam Posted:

BTW, be forewarned, the next modification will be limiting the size of signatures, and maybe the size of images included in posts.

I also like the upcoming one *S*

See? In most cases, if you want/need additional functionality to the board, all you gotta do is ask :lol:

size of sigs is already limited... I know from experience... :)...

IN regard to pics in posts themselves, please don't do that...

how do I get the subsilver?
Click on "Profile" and then towards the bottom of the page, there's a list of options and one is "Board Style". It defaults to subsilver, so unless you've changed it, that's what you should have. If not, just change it and click submit.

See? In most cases, if you want/need additional functionality to the board, all you gotta do is ask :D

size of sigs is already limited... I know from experience... :)...

IN regard to pics in posts themselves, please don't do that...

The number of characters is limited in the signatures, not the size of pictures in signatures.

Re: the size of pics in posts themselves, don't forget we have a number of members who are on dialup; in addition bandwidth is costly.