Sign in to follow this  
Nummerkins

Wallet-sized Merchant Agreement

Been carrying the credit card policy in my wallet for more than a decade (maybe two)

(in that place some people carry that EXPENSIVE CASH)

This was posted over 3 years ago. Is this still the case, that minimums are against credit card policy? I'm not going to bother printing out an obsolete rule card. I have read other posts referring to a $10 minimum being OK now. What's the sitch?

This was posted over 3 years ago. Is this still the case, that minimums are against credit card policy? I'm not going to bother printing out an obsolete rule card. I have read other posts referring to a $10 minimum being OK now. What's the sitch?

I think something along the lines of there in fact being a minimum are accurate, but please don't quote me on that.

I see waaaaaaay too many merchants with signs by the register requiring minimums. Leads me to think it is legit, or every single one of them would eventually be taken down.

Can still make as small a purchase on CC as you want at Walmart. Also is a great place to get $100 cash back on debit over buying a stick of gum or something! Gum has really gone up.

I think something along the lines of there in fact being a minimum are accurate, but please don't quote me on that.

I see waaaaaaay too many merchants with signs by the register requiring minimums. Leads me to think it is legit, or every single one of them would eventually be taken down.

Can still make as small a purchase on CC as you want at Walmart. Also is a great place to get $100 cash back on debit over buying a stick of gum or something! Gum has really gone up.

I have purchased a small item like candy just to get cash back - and avoid ATM fees (double dipped by my bank and the ATM's institution). Then my credit union started charging $1.50 for EACH debit PIN transaction after the first 6. We switched banking institutions.

I've seen loads of signs about minimums and added fees, too. I don't go back, and sometimes I abandon the transaction, too.

The worst offdender was "Country Values Store" in Ohio, an Amish establishment (with electric lights and giant refrigerators and phones, by the way) that had a sliding scale of fees above the transaction, depending on the amount being charged. The second worst offender was "Panda," a divey restaurant in Cedar Springs, Michigan that added a fee to use a card. I asked about it and they said they don't have a merchant account; they use someone else's so that they can process credit cards and the person whose account they use requires them to pay him the fee. This was the last straw - they charged FULL price for children (even our 1-year-old!!) and we were considering paying it since the kids were about ready to eat each other, but the fee was the last straw. We lived there over 2 years and never once ate at Panda. Then there are too many dollar stores to mention... one placed a 5% fee on the entire purchase, and most just say there's a $5 minimum purchase (sometimes plus a transaction fee) if you want to use a card. And like I said, I don't patronize those stores! I should have reported them too.

Bump

Sign in to follow this  

About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines