Sign in to follow this  
G.W.01

Need guidance on my DV to Allied Interstate and a few questions

I am planning to send the following to Allied Interstate but have a few questions as well:

Is Allied even bonded in TX? I searched on the Sec. of State site but couldn't pull anything up. I'm not sure if I'm doing that wrong. By TX law they wouldn't be able to collect without a bond, if that's the issue how do I handle that?

Allied says they are not the ones reporting on my credit and that it is the OC, Verizon who is. I keep getting the run around. Sending this letter could get them out of the way, do I have much hope in dealing with Verizon and how?

Ok, here's the letter:

--------------------------------------------------

My name

September 2, 2009

Allied Interstate

Consumer Service Department:

PO Box 361477

Columbus, OH 43236

VIA: Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested

Re: Placement ID ------------

Dear Allied Interstate,

Please consider this my demand for full legal and complete validation of your claim.

As I am a Texas resident, I will be using Chapter 392.202 Texas Finance Code.

If you are unable to provide written validation within 30 days from the receipt of this letter or you require more than 30 days time to provide validation, then you must cease all collection efforts, remove this and all tradelines from any credit bureau reported to and will also delete and close this file with your agency.

I would also like to request the name and address of the original creditor.

In addition, please make all communications regarding this matter to me in writing as it is inconvenient to contact me anywhere or at any time via phone.

Sincerely,

My name

My Address

------------------------------------------

Does that seem good enough for them to drop this or whatever it is they should do?

I know, I know. I'm going back to read the newbies sections.

So much to learn.

Thanks for any help.

I do not know much about the tx code.. So I cannot comment about it. But sometimes I wish I lived in TX

But I would removed this part

I do not know much about the tx code.. So I cannot comment about it. But sometimes I wish I lived in TX

But I would removed this part

Ok, sounds good. I'll remove that. Thank you!

Allied Interstate's parent company, Iqor, has an advocay group that helps people resolve problems. They helped me out rather quickly. I'd try that route at this point. E-mail them at Advocacy.Group@iqor.com.

I am planning to send the following to Allied Interstate but have a few questions as well:

Is Allied even bonded in TX? I searched on the Sec. of State site but couldn't pull anything up. I'm not sure if I'm doing that wrong. By TX law they wouldn't be able to collect without a bond, if that's the issue how do I handle that?

Allied says they are not the ones reporting on my credit and that it is the OC, Verizon who is. I keep getting the run around. Sending this letter could get them out of the way, do I have much hope in dealing with Verizon and how?

Ok, here's the letter:

--------------------------------------------------

My name

September 2, 2009

Allied Interstate

Consumer Service Department:

PO Box 361477

Columbus, OH 43236

VIA: Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested

Re: Placement ID ------------

Dear Allied Interstate,

Please consider this my demand for full legal and complete validation of your claim.

As I am a Texas resident, I will be using Chapter 392.202 Texas Finance Code.

If you are unable to provide written validation within 30 days from the receipt of this letter or you require more than 30 days time to provide validation, then you must cease all collection efforts, remove this and all tradelines from any credit bureau reported to and will also delete and close this file with your agency.

In addition, please make all communications regarding this matter to me in writing as it is inconvenient to contact me anywhere or at any time via phone.

Sincerely,

My name

My Address

------------------------------------------

Does that seem good enough for them to drop this or whatever it is they should do?

I know, I know. I'm going back to read the newbies sections.

So much to learn.

Thanks for any help.

How did that letter work out for ya, I am in TX with a CA in TX too.